40 Economists Agree: The GOP Is In Fiscal La-La Land

Won't be the first mistake you've made.

Or the last.

Yes, lets bring back public flogging

Why not ?

Seems we had this discussion about the kid they were going to cane in Malaysia for doing something (can't recall). All I know is that many people were surprised at how effective a deterent it was on kids who otherwise might get into mischief.

Of course, the left has never been about consequences.

You can spout off all you want about treating people better.....but the peeps from your bellybutton (as you talk from inside your ass) don't sound very convincing. And it is further backed by your policies that have kept people in poverty for a long time.

It was for grafitti

Glad to see there are still posters on here reminding us what it means when you vote conservative

40 Economists Say The GOP Has Abandoned Economic Reality | ThinkProgress

Before the Conservadopes scream "HATE SITE" and plug their fingers, note the first fucking sentence in the article:

A survey of forty economists from across the ideological and partisan spectrum has concluded that on some of its most cherished issues, the Republican Party has simply taken leave of economic reality.

So now economists are starting to see the same things as everyone else outside the Limbaugh/Beck/Faux News bubble. And I think even Republicans in Congress are starting to wake up to reality. Boehner pretty much told the GOP members of Congress that told him to SHUT THE GOVERNMENT DOWN over Obamacare to fuck off recently too. Orin Hatch wants to compromise on the tax issue.

Grover and the Tea Party's days of power are quickly coming to an end because after two years, America's independent voters are starting to see how off their tits the GOP is.

wow... 40 whole economists. Out of 14,600 in the US alone. http://www.studentscholarships.org/professions/354/employed/economists.php

Do the math, dumb ass.

.002% of active US economists hold that opinion.

Before the Conservadopes scream "HATE SITE" and plug their fingers, note the first fucking sentence in the article:

A survey of forty economists from across the ideological and partisan spectrum has concluded that on some of its most cherished issues, the Republican Party has simply taken leave of economic reality.

So now economists are starting to see the same things as everyone else outside the Limbaugh/Beck/Faux News bubble. And I think even Republicans in Congress are starting to wake up to reality. Boehner pretty much told the GOP members of Congress that told him to SHUT THE GOVERNMENT DOWN over Obamacare to fuck off recently too. Orin Hatch wants to compromise on the tax issue.

Grover and the Tea Party's days of power are quickly coming to an end because after two years, America's independent voters are starting to see how off their tits the GOP is.

wow... 40 whole economists. Out of 14,600 in the US alone. How many people are currently employed as a Economists in the United States?

Do the math, dumb ass.

Let me guess, one was Paul Krugman?

You mean we really can't pay off debt by cutting taxes?

Just for shits, show us all how much raising taxes on the rich will pay down that deficit... You don't even have to show cause and effect with loss of investment and jobs due to raising taxes, you can pretend if you have 80% unavoidable taxes that people would just love to pay it if you like.

All I want is a number on how much taxes have to be raised, on who and how much revenue that pulls in to pay down the deficit. This should be easy for a smart guy like yourself who never just blurts out stupid talking points with no information to back their shit up.

OK, I'll give you an honest answer

The rich are taxed at the lowest rate in 50 years. While increasing their taxes to previous rates will not erase the debt immediately, it will do so over the next 50 years.

They will not take out their modest tax increase on their employees, they did not do so under Clinton and the economy boomed.

During the Republican debates, the candidates were asked if they would raise taxes by one dollar if it were accompanied by ten dollars in spending cuts

Not one of them raised their hand

The rich are taxed at the lowest rate in 50 years.

No they aren't. Back in 1988 the top income tax rate was 28%.

During the Republican debates, the candidates were asked if they would raise taxes by one dollar if it were accompanied by ten dollars in spending cuts

Democrats have lied about spending cuts in the past in order to raise taxes.
They then increase spending and we're stuck with the higher rates. No thanks.
Lets make major spending cuts for the next 10 years, then we'll think about tax hikes.

wow... 40 whole economists. Out of 14,600 in the US alone. How many people are currently employed as a Economists in the United States?

Do the math, dumb ass.

Oh. So you don't get how surveys work either, Hall Monitor Jones? Sucks for you to not get advanced concepts.

Just for shits, show us all how much raising taxes on the rich will pay down that deficit... You don't even have to show cause and effect with loss of investment and jobs due to raising taxes, you can pretend if you have 80% unavoidable taxes that people would just love to pay it if you like.

All I want is a number on how much taxes have to be raised, on who and how much revenue that pulls in to pay down the deficit. This should be easy for a smart guy like yourself who never just blurts out stupid talking points with no information to back their shit up.

The rich are taxed at the lowest rate in 50 years. While increasing their taxes to previous rates will not erase the debt immediately, it will do so over the next 50 years.

They will not take out their modest tax increase on their employees, they did not do so under Clinton and the economy boomed.

Lets make major spending cuts for the next 10 years, then we'll think about tax hikes.

Not the point

Republicans refuse to accept ANY tax increase regardless of the amount of spending cuts associated with it

How many times have Republicans cut taxes and reduced spending by an amount equal to the tax cut?

NEVER

Last edited:

Not the point

Republicans refuse to accept ANY tax cut regardless of the amount of spending cuts associated with it

How many times have Republicans cut taxes and reduced spending by an amount equal to the tax cut?

NEVER

You can't trust Democrats on spending cuts after they lied to Reagan

The Bush Tax Cuts have been in place for 10 years now. Where are all the jobs it was supposed to create? I mean, besides the 28 straight months of private sector under OBAMA's watch.

The economy was ok until Krugmans Housing Bubble popped. Did you miss that?

No, the economy was okay until Glass Steagall was repealed (honesty alert: The death knell being placed under Clinton), and speculative lending and derivatives fucked everything up. The housing bubble burst was part of that, but not the cause. If we had been able to tell big banks they couldn't rebundle GOVERNMENTAL debt in derivatives, this all would have been avoidable.

You should like, educate yourself or something.

If we had been able to tell big banks they couldn't rebundle GOVERNMENTAL debt in derivatives, this all would have been avoidable.

Government bonds aren't derivatives, they're bonds.

Yes, lets bring back public flogging

Why not ?

Seems we had this discussion about the kid they were going to cane in Malaysia for doing something (can't recall). All I know is that many people were surprised at how effective a deterent it was on kids who otherwise might get into mischief.

Of course, the left has never been about consequences.

You can spout off all you want about treating people better.....but the peeps from your bellybutton (as you talk from inside your ass) don't sound very convincing. And it is further backed by your policies that have kept people in poverty for a long time.

It was for grafitti

Glad to see there are still posters on here reminding us what it means when you vote conservative

And here again is a case to be made for states powers.

Your comment is somehow intended to be an insult. But given the fact that your ideological lemmings in congress have done nothing but hurt this country....you'll forgive me if I only laugh at you.

Besides, your second sentence hardly makes any sense.

As I said, the left has never been about consequences.

The money tree in the back of the WH is all you need to solve everyone's problems.

That should be Obama's platform.....oh wait, it is.

The economy was ok until Krugmans Housing Bubble popped. Did you miss that?

No, the economy was okay until Glass Steagall was repealed (honesty alert: The death knell being placed under Clinton), and speculative lending and derivatives fucked everything up. The housing bubble burst was part of that, but not the cause. If we had been able to tell big banks they couldn't rebundle GOVERNMENTAL debt in derivatives, this all would have been avoidable.

If we had been able to tell big banks they couldn't rebundle GOVERNMENTAL debt in derivatives, this all would have been avoidable.

Oh. I see you don't know shit about shit. (Again)

Here go, fucknut. Watch this and try to keep up:

Money, Power and Wall Street | FRONTLINE | PBS

Not the point

Republicans refuse to accept ANY tax cut regardless of the amount of spending cuts associated with it

NEVER

Of course not.

Because, like it or not, democrats do also win elections.

It is great that you somehow want to blame the GOP when they don't have power, but try to get Obama to skate when he had it all.

In your words...thanks for showing us what it means when you vote liberal.

There's nothing wrong with people speculating with their own money. NOTHING AT ALL!

Sell short. Write puts. Buy exotic derivatives. Do whatever the fuck you want, just don't make the taxpayer liable for your fuck ups. If you win great, if you lose, tough shit

They weren't speculating with their own money, dumbfuck. They were speculating with the money of municipalities and governments. Boy, you really are fucking stupid, aren't you?

And they did stick the taxpayers with it. Have you heard of TARP?

I heard of TARP! The banks paid back their part, at a profit to the government.
The automakers haven't and never will, because Obama paid off the UAW with taxpayer funds.
Any other questions about TARP? I'll be glad to educate you further.

I noticed your avatar picture of BILL CLINTON saying "miss me yet"--so I thought it might INTEREST you to know that President Clinton has endorsed MITT ROMNEY'S record at Bain Capital.:clap2: stating that Romney certainly meets the QUALIFICATION threshold to be the next POTUS.

Give a liberal a brick wall and they're certain to run into it--head first---:badgrin:

images

President Bill Clinton veered sharply off message Thursday, telling CNN that Mitt Romney's business record at Bain Capital was "sterling."

"I don't think that we ought to get into the position where we say 'This is bad work. This is good work,'" Clinton said. "The man who has been governor and had a sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold."

Clinton also went on to say that Romney's time at Bain Capital represented a "good business career."
Bill Clinton: Mitt Romney's business record 'sterling' - POLITICO.com

And by saying this--we must assume that Bill Clinton never believed Barack Obama had the experience to become POTUS. In fact--the Clinton's have referred to Obama as the Amateur.

"If you don't have a record to run on--you have to paint your opponent as someone people need to run from"--Barack Obama

Last edited:

I noticed your BILL CLINTON picture--so I thought it might INTEREST you to know that President Clinton has endorsed MITT ROMNEY record at Bain Capital.:clap2:

Give a liberal a brick wall and they're certain to run into it--head first---:badgrin:

images

President Bill Clinton veered sharply off message Thursday, telling CNN that Mitt Romney's business record at Bain Capital was "sterling."

"I don't think that we ought to get into the position where we say 'This is bad work. This is good work,'" Clinton said. "The man who has been governor and had a sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold."

Clinton also went on to say that Romney's time at Bain Capital represented a "good business career."
Bill Clinton: Mitt Romney's business record 'sterling' - POLITICO.com

And by saying this--we must assume that Bill Clinton never believed Barack Obama had the experience to become POTUS. In fact--the Clinton's have referred to Obama as the Amateur.

And that has to do with this topic...how?

And who has Clinton endorsed for President?

You want me to watch a video that you feel says government debt was rebundled as a derivative? That's funny!
Why don't you watch the video and post the proof in your own words?
I'll wait. Good luck!

There's nothing wrong with people speculating with their own money. NOTHING AT ALL!

Sell short. Write puts. Buy exotic derivatives. Do whatever the fuck you want, just don't make the taxpayer liable for your fuck ups. If you win great, if you lose, tough shit

They weren't speculating with their own money, dumbfuck. They were speculating with the money of municipalities and governments. Boy, you really are fucking stupid, aren't you?

I heard of TARP! The banks paid back their part, at a profit to the government.
The automakers haven't and never will, because Obama paid off the UAW with taxpayer funds.
Any other questions about TARP? I'll be glad to educate you further.

Link?

Not the point

Republicans refuse to accept ANY tax increase regardless of the amount of spending cuts associated with it

NEVER

That is exactly the point. The Dems could promise to cut trillions from spending, in return for billions in tax hikes and simply continue increasing spending. They've lied about it before, to Reagan and GWHB.

You want me to watch a video that you feel says government debt was rebundled as a derivative? That's funny!
Why don't you watch the video and post the proof in your own words?
I'll wait. Good luck!

Here. Let me google that for you.

Goldman Secret Greece Loan Shows Two Sinners as Client Unravels - Bloomberg

On the day the 2001 deal was struck, the government owed the bank about 600 million euros ($793 million) more than the 2.8 billion euros it borrowed, said Spyros Papanicolaou, who took over the country’s debt-management agency in 2005. By then, the price of the transaction, a derivative that disguised the loan and that Goldman Sachs persuaded Greece not to test with competitors, had almost doubled to 5.1 billion euros, he said.

Goldman Sachs details 2001 Greek derivative trades | Reuters

Greek Debt Crisis: How Goldman Sachs Helped Greece to Mask its True Debt - SPIEGEL ONLINE

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/business/global/14debt.html?pagewanted=all

BBC News - How Goldman Sachs helped mask Greece's debt

Goldman Sachs Shorted Greek Debt After It Arranged Those Shady Swaps - Business Insider

I wipe my dick clean of thee.

I believe we could be headed in that direction, at least I hope so, but we are not there yet. Unfortunately, there are still an awful lot of people who believe we should cut government spending in half and cut taxes by another 80%. We see them post on this board everyday.

Forum List

Back