40 Economists Agree: The GOP Is In Fiscal La-La Land

Too bad Milton Friedman isn't alive to weigh in on this one. I bet there are thousands of accounting students that posses a basic understanding of economics that have the ability to repudiate this pathetic excuse of economic theory proposed by the esteemed 40. As an old economics professor once stated, those that study the science of economics understand the inner-relationship between past data, mathmatical formulas, and theory, however, disgrace the discipline of economic science if they pretend to forecast the future, and for those that do, they are nothing more than charlatans waiting to have their heads handed to them.

Wow. So the only economist with a PhD you can think of that would debunk the supposed myth is dead.

Too bad Milton Friedman isn't alive to weigh in on this one. I bet there are thousands of accounting students that posses a basic understanding of economics that have the ability to repudiate this pathetic excuse of economic theory proposed by the esteemed 40. As an old economics professor once stated, those that study the science of economics understand the inner-relationship between past data, mathmatical formulas, and theory, however, disgrace the discipline of economic science if they pretend to forecast the future, and for those that do, they are nothing more than charlatans waiting to have their heads handed to them.

Wow. So the only economist with a PhD you can think of that would debunk the supposed myth is dead.

No, there's George Gilder, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams and Arthur Laffer.

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Keep in mind we are talking about living economists. I can name plenty of dead ones who would dispute the claim, Adam Smith being the most prominent one.

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Keep in mind we are talking about living economists. I can name plenty of dead ones who would dispute the claim, Adam Smith being the most prominent one.

Gilder's not an economist. He has zero credibility after leading his followers off the cliff after the Tech Bubble collapsed. Holding him up as an example is bizarre given that he had absolutely no understanding of economic and financial history.

Sorry, Sowell's degree is from University of Chicago, so since its from Chicago its corrupt and communist and you know it doesn't count.

40 Economists Say The GOP Has Abandoned Economic Reality | ThinkProgress

Before the Conservadopes scream "HATE SITE" and plug their fingers, note the first fucking sentence in the article:

A survey of forty economists from across the ideological and partisan spectrum has concluded that on some of its most cherished issues, the Republican Party has simply taken leave of economic reality.

So now economists are starting to see the same things as everyone else outside the Limbaugh/Beck/Faux News bubble. And I think even Republicans in Congress are starting to wake up to reality. Boehner pretty much told the GOP members of Congress that told him to SHUT THE GOVERNMENT DOWN over Obamacare to fuck off recently too. Orin Hatch wants to compromise on the tax issue.

Grover and the Tea Party's days of power are quickly coming to an end because after two years, America's independent voters are starting to see how off their tits the GOP is.

Oh whatever... the article does not even mention spending.... zero credibility.

Next.

It's think progress he wins in his mind :eusa_whistle:

Sorry, Sowell's degree is from University of Chicago, so since its from Chicago its corrupt and communist and you know it doesn't count.

Weak.

Weak.

no weaker than a strong right wing argument

You mean we really can't pay off debt by cutting taxes?
Can't pay it off by spending more either (Stimulus)

Cut Taxes: Republicans
Increase Taxes: Democrats

Cut Spending: Neither Party

You see the little game they play with us?

Yeah and by your post which party will suck us down quicker?

Democrats because the tax increases they offer have no real benefit. That 70 billion a year does not pay for a trillion in spending.

Adam Smith stressed the importance of paying for your wars when you have them.

The highly touted question states that the stimulus made for a lower unemployment rate at the end of 2010 than it would have been without one. No kidding? It saved a bunch of government employees jobs for a brief period of time. What wasn't asked or reported is, how much longer the stimulus has made the recovery. Creative reporting does not equal factual reporting.

Forum List

Back