40 Economists Agree: The GOP Is In Fiscal La-La Land

Jun 9, 2012
No-Neg-Rep Town, USA
40 Economists Say The GOP Has Abandoned Economic Reality | ThinkProgress

Before the Conservadopes scream "HATE SITE" and plug their fingers, note the first fucking sentence in the article:

A survey of forty economists from across the ideological and partisan spectrum has concluded that on some of its most cherished issues, the Republican Party has simply taken leave of economic reality.

So now economists are starting to see the same things as everyone else outside the Limbaugh/Beck/Faux News bubble. And I think even Republicans in Congress are starting to wake up to reality. Boehner pretty much told the GOP members of Congress that told him to SHUT THE GOVERNMENT DOWN over Obamacare to fuck off recently too. Orin Hatch wants to compromise on the tax issue.

Grover and the Tea Party's days of power are quickly coming to an end because after two years, America's independent voters are starting to see how off their tits the GOP is.

Before the Conservadopes scream "HATE SITE" and plug their fingers, note the first fucking sentence in the article:

A survey of forty economists from across the ideological and partisan spectrum has concluded that on some of its most cherished issues, the Republican Party has simply taken leave of economic reality.

So now economists are starting to see the same things as everyone else outside the Limbaugh/Beck/Faux News bubble. And I think even Republicans in Congress are starting to wake up to reality. Boehner pretty much told the GOP members of Congress that told him to SHUT THE GOVERNMENT DOWN over Obamacare to fuck off recently too. Orin Hatch wants to compromise on the tax issue.

Grover and the Tea Party's days of power are quickly coming to an end because after two years, America's independent voters are starting to see how off their tits the GOP is.

Oh whatever... the article does not even mention spending.... zero credibility.

Next.

The rights response will be to claim that all 40 economists are bias, Obama Supporters or hate America

Oh really, so they put forth a plan to pay down the debt.

Or they are just DNC mouth pieces.

Which is it?

Are these 40 economists part of that group of economists that never seem to get it right. The weatherman is more accurate.

You can't even get them to admit that tax cuts are no different than spending.

Which is it?

Thanks for proving my point in less than 1 post

I know 80 economist that thinks the GOP is on the right track. that report is a lot like polls, who paid for it and what did they want it to say. Lets move on to something with some substance to it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Which is it?

Thanks for proving my point in less than 1 post

oh for crying out loud, you didn't have a point..

You mean we really can't pay off debt by cutting taxes?

Just for shits, show us all how much raising taxes on the rich will pay down that deficit... You don't even have to show cause and effect with loss of investment and jobs due to raising taxes, you can pretend if you have 80% unavoidable taxes that people would just love to pay it if you like.

All I want is a number on how much taxes have to be raised, on who and how much revenue that pulls in to pay down the deficit. This should be easy for a smart guy like yourself who never just blurts out stupid talking points with no information to back their shit up.

I know 80 economist that thinks the GOP is on the right track. that report is a lot like polls, who paid for it and what did they want it to say. Lets move on to something with some substance to it.

Did you IGNORE the part where they asked people across the political spectrum?

It's cool, keep bitterly clinging to your FEELING that the Right Wing is right. The last 32 years tell a different story if you ask the Middle Class as opposed to asking the rich. And that, is the point.

LOL, A SURVEY of 40 economist...

:lol:

I know, that's what I thought... It's like they went out of their way to make the poll/survey meaningless by asking as few people as they possibly could.

Seriously, they asked like a classroom size of people what their opinion is on something... How broad can this "spectrum" be with so few people?

Last edited:
The best way to help the poor is to make them suffer more

You mean we really can't pay off debt by cutting taxes?

Just for shits, show us all how much raising taxes on the rich will pay down that deficit... You don't even have to show cause and effect with loss of investment and jobs due to raising taxes, you can pretend if you have 80% unavoidable taxes that people would just love to pay it if you like.

All I want is a number on how much taxes have to be raised, on who and how much revenue that pulls in to pay down the deficit. This should be easy for a smart guy like yourself who never just blurts out stupid talking points with no information to back their shit up.

Good illustration of how the republicans care deeply about the deficit until it comes time to actually pay it down.

Forum List

Back