4 year old black boy..."I'm gunna have me a gun"

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
TV Station Takes Four-Year-Old Child

A Chicago television station is being blasted by civil rights leaders and news media professionals for airing edited video of a 4-year-old boy that took his statements out of context, violating the basics of journalism ethics.

The following is a transcript of what the station aired June 30th.

Boy: “I’m not scared of nothing.”

Reporter: “When you get older are you going to stay away from all these guns?”

Boy: “No.”

Reporter: “No? What are you going to do when you get older?”

Boy: “I’m going to have me a gun!”

Anchor Steve Bartelstein ended the story saying, “that was scary indeed.” Co-anchor Susan Carlson exclaimed, “hearing that little boy there, wow!”

After the story ran July 21, the Maynard Institute received another video that contained the rest of the boy’s interview. The sender said he was blurring the video and reduced its quality to try and protect the youth. Here is that transcript.

Reporter: “Boy, you ain’t scared of nothing! Damn! When you get older are you going to stay away from all these guns?”

Reporter” “You are! Why do you want to do that?”

Boy: “I'm going to be the police!”

Reporter: “Okay than you can have one."

Last edited:
They also left out the little song he performed:

"I'm gonna' buy me a shotgun and kill every Honkie I see!
I'm gonna' buy me a shotgun and kill every Honkie I see!
Cause if I kill every Honkie I see, then they won't bother me.
I'm gonna' buy me a shotgun and kill every Honkie I see!"

*shaking my head*

All of us need to keep this in mind whenever reading anything from the so-called 'journalists'.

They had a message they wanted to make

Heres the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPJOPQpciqw&feature=player_embedded]‪Park Manor Shooting‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And here is the part that's edited out (at the end).

Thanks to the University of Maryland's school of journalism for finding this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1sMwsVuX6A]‪Pathetic: Black 4-Year-Old Misquoted To Sound Violent!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Its whiteys not honkies

Him wanting to serve his community didnt fit the image the station wanted to proffer.

How sad is that when we want our children to bad because it makes money for somneone.

Its whiteys not honkies
Yeah I know that, Garret Morris told that story on SNL back in the 70's. I was using a little "creative license" there.

If the reporter kept his job I'd like to hear station management's rationale.

It seems like the reporter on the scene asked the correct follow-up question. It was whoever edited the clip for broadcast that made the kid out to be a future gang banger

I just don't see why a reporter is interviewing a four year old in the first place

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBw8jS3sMw]‪SNL's Garrett Morris- Gonna Get Me a Shotgun‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

*lola* There should be on every paper printed and every news show casted the disclaimer that *creative licenses* (thank you mad scientist) are necessary to print what they print and say what they say.

TV Station Takes Four-Year-Old Child

A Chicago television station is being blasted by civil rights leaders and news media professionals for airing edited video of a 4-year-old boy that took his statements out of context, violating the basics of journalism ethics.

The following is a transcript of what the station aired June 30th.

Boy: “I’m not scared of nothing.”

Reporter: “When you get older are you going to stay away from all these guns?”

Anchor Steve Bartelstein ended the story saying, “that was scary indeed.” Co-anchor Susan Carlson exclaimed, “hearing that little boy there, wow!”

After the story ran July 21, the Maynard Institute received another video that contained the rest of the boy’s interview. The sender said he was blurring the video and reduced its quality to try and protect the youth. Here is that transcript.

Reporter: “Boy, you ain’t scared of nothing! Damn! When you get older are you going to stay away from all these guns?”

Reporter” “You are! Why do you want to do that?”

Boy: “I'm going to be the police!”

Reporter: “Okay than you can have one."

Must be a Fox station, those racists.

Oops, CBS.

Forum List

Back