4 Reasons the Right-Wing Propaganda Machine Has Failed to Destroy OWS

Now they just look like a bunch of college students who want the rest of us to forgive their student loans because they picked majors that aren't helping them land jobs. Poor babies. There are people who've been out in the workforce for decades who find themselves in tough staights... but annoying them by blocking their way into city hall or their work place or even when they are trying to have a nice day out at the park isn't helping anyone.

Only if you don't turn the channel off Fox "news". According to polls of the rest of the country, OWS is increasing in popularity the more people hear about it.

More Americans Supporting Occupy Wall Street

The survey, taken Oct. 28-31, shows more adult Americans saying they have heard of Occupy Wall Street than when the question was asked in early October. Sixty-four percent of respondents now say they've heard of the movement, compared to only 51% in the earlier poll.

The new poll also shows more Americans supporting the movement. Thirty-six percent say they agree with the overall positions of Occupy Wall Street, while 19% say they disagree.

That reflects an increase in support since early October, when 27% of those polled said they agreed with Occupy Wall Street's position.

64% of the respondents say they've "heard" of the movement? That translates into supporting it? That's quite amusing, Sea. I imagine an even larger number have heard of the KKK but that doesn't mean they support the Klan.

Most Americans don't have the faintest idea what the OWS protestors WANT because the OWS protesters themselves don't know what they want. So when they've got a clear agenda and some workable solutions to the problems we face then get back to me. Until then it's just a bunch of idiots getting arrested because it's a "cool" thing to do.

Now they just look like a bunch of college students who want the rest of us to forgive their student loans because they picked majors that aren't helping them land jobs. Poor babies. There are people who've been out in the workforce for decades who find themselves in tough staights... but annoying them by blocking their way into city hall or their work place or even when they are trying to have a nice day out at the park isn't helping anyone.

Only if you don't turn the channel off Fox "news". According to polls of the rest of the country, OWS is increasing in popularity the more people hear about it.

The survey, taken Oct. 28-31, shows more adult Americans saying they have heard of Occupy Wall Street than when the question was asked in early October. Sixty-four percent of respondents now say they've heard of the movement, compared to only 51% in the earlier poll.

The new poll also shows more Americans supporting the movement. Thirty-six percent say they agree with the overall positions of Occupy Wall Street, while 19% say they disagree.

That reflects an increase in support since early October, when 27% of those polled said they agreed with Occupy Wall Street's position.

64% of the respondents say they've "heard" of the movement? That translates into supporting it? That's quite amusing, Sea. I imagine an even larger number have heard of the KKK but that doesn't mean they support the Klan.

Most Americans don't have the faintest idea what the OWS protestors WANT because the OWS protesters themselves don't know what they want. So when they've got a clear agenda and some workable solutions to the problems we face then get back to me. Until then it's just a bunch of idiots getting arrested because it's a "cool" thing to do.

:eusa_eh:

It's mighty damned hard to destroy an idea whose time has come.

What "idea" is it you're referring to?

The idea that the problems on Main Street can be followed directly back to WALL STREET.

What that message really is is not the antithesis of what the Tea Pary Folks are bitching about, but the compliment to their frustration.

You see we have two POPULIST movements who, dpespite all the attempts made by agent provocateurs to pit them each agains the other?

Work rather well together.

The day is going to come when the TPM and OWS folks are going to join forces against the common enemy of the American people.

I can only hope that they come together politically before things get entirely out of hand.

:eusa_eh:

If you asked those same Americans what it is that the OWS protesters WANT...how many of them could give you an answer? My guess would be almost none since the OWS protesters themselves aren't able to answer that question when it's put to them. Instead we get some vague "99%" rant.

The idea that the problems on Main Street can be followed directly back to WALL STREET.

What that message really is is not the antithesis of what the Tea Pary Folks are bitching about, but the compliment to their frustration.

You see we have two POPULIST movements who, dpespite all the attempts made by agent provocateurs to pit them each agains the other?

The day is going to come when the TPM and OWS folks are going to join forces against the common enemy of the American people.

I can only hope that they come together politically before things get entirely out of hand.

With all respect, Ed? The problems on Main Street can be traced back to the problems we have inside The Beltway. This is as much a problem with Washington as it is a problem with Wall Street...yet nobody is "occupying" DC. Why?

You mean OWS might wake up and go to Washington? They might police the anarchists from their midst?

Best to keep waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

OWS is Obama's movement; he owns it and all the violence, hate and crime that goes with it

They are as antisemitic as he is, they are as anti free enterprise as he is they are as anti American as he is.

Last edited:
The reason that the OWS movement and the Tea Party movement will never merge is quite simple. Tea Party protestors didn't seek the end of capitalism. They sought smaller government and sane fiscal policy. The OWS protesters are looking for bigger government and more entitlements. How do you get those two diametrically opposed views to mesh?

I've seen polls that show that their negatives are outweighing their positives, and people are getting a little tired of their shit.

Seen them, but can't produce them?

Can produce them but feel you'll discard them without a glance.

It does no good to show evidence to someone who will always look for an excuse to ignore whatever evidence clashes with their ideology.

I've seen polls that show that their negatives are outweighing their positives, and people are getting a little tired of their shit.

Can produce them but feel you'll discard them without a glance.

It does no good to show evidence to someone who will always look for an excuse to ignore whatever evidence clashes with their ideology.

Can't produce them either eh?

Only spend so much time wasting it on pointless arguments...

You've got google...

Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably - 2012 Decoded

The poll, released today, show 30 percent of voters surveyed view the movement favorably, 39 percent unfavorably, with an additional 30 percent not hearing enough to have an opinion. It's one of the first national polls to suggest voters are growing skeptical of Occupy Wall Street- and it comes as police have clashed with protesters in several cities. Previous national polls have shown a plurality of adults supporting the movement.

People are getting tired of their shit... they've worn out their welcome much faster than the TEA Party did.

Forum List

Back