4 Presidents Visit the Wizard of Oz

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, George W. and Bill Clinton went to see the Wizard of Oz. The Wizard welcomed them to the Kingdom of Oz and asked what he could do for them.

Carter spoke up first and said he would like some courage because most people thought he never had the courage to do what was right. The Wizard said everyone could use some courage and granted Carter’s request.

Next Nixon said he would like a heart because people thought he was very cold and calculating and never let anyone get very close to him. The Wizard said that was a very good thing to request and he granted Nixon’s wish.

George W. asked the Wizard to grant him a brain because he said most people thought he was brainless, although he was the first American president to hold an MBA from an elite university. The Wizard was somewhat confused but granted his wish anyway.

Clinton was busy looking around--as if he were trying to find something--and didn’t notice that the Wizard was waiting for him to make his request. The Wizard cleared his throat loudly and got Clinton’s attention. He asked if Clinton had a request to make. Clinton said, “No, not really. But can you tell me if Dorothy is here.”

Adam's Apple said:
Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, George W. and Bill Clinton went to see the Wizard of Oz. The Wizard welcomed them to the Kingdom of Oz and asked what he could do for them.

Carter spoke up first and said he would like some courage because most people thought he never had the courage to do what was right. The Wizard said everyone could use some courage and granted Carter’s request.

Next Nixon said he would like a heart because people thought he was very cold and calculating and never let anyone get very close to him. The Wizard said that was a very good thing to request and he granted Nixon’s wish.

George W. asked the Wizard to grant him a brain because he said most people thought he was brainless, although he was the first American president to hold an MBA from an elite university. The Wizard was somewhat confused but granted his wish anyway.

Clinton was busy looking around--as if he were trying to find something--and didn’t notice that the Wizard was waiting for him to make his request. The Wizard cleared his throat loudly and got Clinton’s attention. He asked if Clinton had a request to make. Clinton said, “No, not really. But can you tell me if Dorothy is here.”

I can understand Clinton's question...after all, he already lives with the Wicked Witch!

From the day he said "I do", Clinton has always been looking--can't say I blame him. Have you heard about his new Canadian girlfriend?

Adam's Apple said:
From the day he said "I do", Clinton has always been looking--can't say I blame him. Have you heard about his new Canadian girlfriend?
I'll bite...

No, I haven't heard about his new Canadian girlfriend.

This is not humor, but rather rumor from the Brits. Here's a link. It is older but contains a picture of the lady.

http://www.apfn.net/messageboard/6-21-03/discussion.cgi.78.html

Here's a more timely article from The First Post, a daily online magazine in the U.K. The url won't work for me.

Bill and Belinda’s Excellent Adventure

But Clinton’s new, er, friendship isn’t helping his wife’s presidential aims, writes ERIC REGULY

As potential girlfriends go, Belinda Stronach would rank as a true catch. She is single, youngish (she just turned 40), attractive, wealthy, impeccably well-connected and politically ambitious - glamorous in every respect. Two years ago, Time magazine listed her as one of the 100 most powerful people on the planet. The tabloids cut to the chase: they called her the "blonde bombshell" or "Bubba's blonde."

Bubba, of course, is Bill Clinton. He has been photographed with Stronach several times. The sightings seem to be getting more frequent, leading to press speculation that their relationship has moved beyond official "friendship" - the description used by Stronach's PR people - to true romance. Poor Hillary Clinton. In the run-up to her presidential campaign, the last thing the New York senator needs is lurid stories about her skirt-chasing husband.

Two years ago, the woman Canadians refer to as "Belinda" quit both her job as CEO of the C$10 billion Magna International auto parts empire (created by her father, Frank Stronach) and her then husband - Norwegian speed-skating champion Johann Koss - for politics.

She was elected in a Conservative riding (constituency) just north of Toronto. More important, despite supporting abortion rights, gun control and same-sex marriages, she ran for leadership of the Conservatives - but lost to the right-winger Stephen Harper.

Adam's Apple said:
This is not humor, but rather rumor from the Brits. Here's a link. It is older but contains a picture of the lady.

http://apfn.net/messageboard/6-21-03/discussion.cgi.78.html

Here's a more timely article from The First Post, a daily online magazine in the U.K. The url won't work for me.

Bill and Belinda’s Excellent Adventure

But Clinton’s new, er, friendship isn’t helping his wife’s presidential aims, writes ERIC REGULY

As potential girlfriends go, Belinda Stronach would rank as a true catch. She is single, youngish (she just turned 40), attractive, wealthy, impeccably well-connected and politically ambitious - glamorous in every respect. Two years ago, Time magazine listed her as one of the 100 most powerful people on the planet. The tabloids cut to the chase: they called her the "blonde bombshell" or "Bubba's blonde."

Bubba, of course, is Bill Clinton. He has been photographed with Stronach several times. The sightings seem to be getting more frequent, leading to press speculation that their relationship has moved beyond official "friendship" - the description used by Stronach's PR people - to true romance. Poor Hillary Clinton. In the run-up to her presidential campaign, the last thing the New York senator needs is lurid stories about her skirt-chasing husband.

Two years ago, the woman Canadians refer to as "Belinda" quit both her job as CEO of the C$10 billion Magna International auto parts empire (created by her father, Frank Stronach) and her then husband - Norwegian speed-skating champion Johann Koss - for politics.

She was elected in a Conservative riding (constituency) just north of Toronto. More important, despite supporting abortion rights, gun control and same-sex marriages, she ran for leadership of the Conservatives - but lost to the right-winger Stephen Harper.

Linkey no workey.

Forum List

Back