4 people in 2026 go to Mars.

Before we send a manned ship all we have to do is send an SUV and leave it running, the CO2 it pumps out will terraform Mars into a tropical oasis in no time

mars.halfsize.jpg

Perhaps we should just send all the people who think that excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is a good thing.

We'll remember them like we remember Columbus! Or the Vikings!.
No we won't and I doubt it will happen. It's stupid and very expensive. We would effectively be sentencing them to death. Mars isn't like going from Scandinavia to the Poconos, where food, water, weather, etc. was all within our capacity for survival.

I don't understand the wet dream anyway. Send robots to explore it, they don't need air or moderate temperatures. By 2026 they will be much better than they are today. While Mars would be fascinating, just how fascinating can it be? Do you expect to find some element that will power Earth's energy needs?

We'll remember them like we remember Columbus! Or the Vikings!.
No we won't and I doubt it will happen. It's stupid and very expensive. We would effectively be sentencing them to death. Mars isn't like going from Scandinavia to the Poconos, where food, water, weather, etc. was all within our capacity for survival.

I don't understand the wet dream anyway. Send robots to explore it, they don't need air or moderate temperatures. By 2026 they will be much better than they are today. While Mars would be fascinating, just how fascinating can it be? Do you expect to find some element that will power Earth's energy needs?

I agree with you in terms of not sharing unrealistic enthusiasm about manned Mars mission. However, it once was a very interesting planet and I think it has some promise for us.

Forum List

Back