4 Officers Shot

The officers killed Sunday were a patrol squad made up of three officers and their sergeant. No threats had been made against them or other officers in the region, sheriff's officials said.

"We lost people we care about. We're working to find out who did this and deal with him." Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor told reporters at the scene.

Prayers to the families.

This thread is to talk about what happened. Keep your immature flaming and name calling to the other thread please. Frankly I'm disappointed you folks stoop to that when something like this happens. Can you give your partisan politics a rest for ONE FREAKING MINUTE and focus on the story? Thanks.

4 police officers shot dead at Wash. coffeehouse - Yahoo! News

I feel like this was a planned ambush. Which leaves the question as to motive.

Supposedly the police officers were investigating gangs. And this is a gangland style like hit.

This thread is to talk about what happened. Keep your immature flaming and name calling to the other thread please. Frankly I'm disappointed you folks stoop to that when something like this happens. Can you give your partisan politics a rest for ONE FREAKING MINUTE and focus on the story? Thanks.

I feel like this was a planned ambush. Which leaves the question as to motive.

Supposedly the police officers were investigating gangs. And this is a gangland style like hit.

Well, we don't know why it happened yet. But it's a tragic event, and let's hope they catch these assholes so the 'why' of it is discovered and justice is done.

YOu might want to quit discussing sports and merge this thread with this one, http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ts/96332-just-in-4-police-officers-slain.html

I think the thread you linked above should be entitled "Bunch of people arguing and bitching".

My thoughts are with the families of the slain. I hope they find the bad guys.

That about sums it up.

It is too early to speculate or make assumptions or take any of the media reports as fact. This happens constantly with these situations.... Speculation gets reported and becomes fact by virtue of being picked up and repeated.

My thoughts too are with the families of the dead and I sincerely hope the culprit is soon apprehended.

I guess I've just never been one for selective sympathy. Yes it's tragic, but no more tragic than soldiers dying in Afghanistan, or the countless people that have died today in car accidents, from cancer or from hippo attacks. All life ends in death. Sad but true.

I guess I've just never been one for selective sympathy. Yes it's tragic, but no more tragic than soldiers dying in Afghanistan, or the countless people that have died today in car accidents, from cancer or from hippo attacks. All life ends in death. Sad but true.

Agreed.

A 3 year old who lost his battle with leukemia is pretty damn tragic...probably more so than the above mentioned story.

Yea, all death is sad - not tragic - but sad.

Tragic is when it is violent, unnecessary or in the line of duty. There is, to me at least, something quite horrific about those who are sworn to protect us, being gunned down in this manner.

Could have been all were witness on same case, or all were on the take and got greedy.

What a dark, but accurate point.

The details are sketchy, so there's a lot of guessing going on right now. Exactly what do you want us to focus on? 4 cops get shot? Okay...

The other thread reveals much about how the posters feel about the incident...and how vehement they (we, actually) can be in responding to tripe posted with no respect for those slain.

The officers killed Sunday were a patrol squad made up of three officers and their sergeant. No threats had been made against them or other officers in the region, sheriff's officials said.

"We lost people we care about. We're working to find out who did this and deal with him." Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor told reporters at the scene.

Prayers to the families.
Ditto...to all the families involved, not only to those of the dead police but to their friends, co-workers and all associated with the perilous job of law enforcement.

Last edited:
No, 4 police officers who've committed to putting their lives on the line to make our lives better, to making the streets safer, to making our children's lives better who were brutally gunned down intentionally by some thug or thugs don't deserve ANY recognition at all by our pathetic lives.

Fuck that.

May the souls of these police officers rest in heaven and may the scumbag(s) who committed this cowardly act be sentenced to death.

Not only have I personally thanked US Troop members for putting their lives on the line for us, but I've attended at least two of their funerals when they've been killed. They too deserve recognition.

Forum List

Back