4 More

sagegirl

Oct 11, 2004
I have a couple of quick opinions about the election: first I am so glad that the process went fairly smoothly,( although waiting in line for hours to vote seems excessive, )secondly, those of us who wanted change are going to have wait for some other time.

I understand the enthusiasm Bush supporters feel, it has been a long hard fought campaign. Congratulations on your victory!!!!!

I have read a couple of posts suggesting the rest of us leave the country, or a variety of other comments that are crude and in my opinion inappropriate.
I say revel in your victory, but show some class as you do so. To the victor go the spoils.

We all have alot of work to do.......it is a time to come together on as many issue as we can....find our common ground....and work together for solutions to our problems.

I for one will continue to read and post, and I hope in the end that we are all winners.

sagegirl said:
I have a couple of quick opinions about the election: first I am so glad that the process went fairly smoothly,( although waiting in line for hours to vote seems excessive, )secondly, those of us who wanted change are going to have wait for some other time.

I understand the enthusiasm Bush supporters feel, it has been a long hard fought campaign. Congratulations on your victory!!!!!

I have read a couple of posts suggesting the rest of us leave the country, or a variety of other comments that are crude and in my opinion inappropriate.
I say revel in your victory, but show some class as you do so. To the victor go the spoils.

We all have alot of work to do.......it is a time to come together on as many issue as we can....find our common ground....and work together for solutions to our problems.

I for one will continue to read and post, and I hope in the end that we are all winners.
Thank you for your congratulations and I hope we can all work together on making changes too ! I appreciate your attitude and apologize that some of us over-celebrate and bash our fellow citizens. We know you are disappointed but hope you can proceed with us ! :beer:

The 'leave the country' comments were written from a 'if the shoe fits' perspective. It wasn't directed at democrats - it was directed at the mindless liberal pansies.

:)

sagegirl said:

Sage, that is sound advice. But I'm going to have to pass on it in some cases. There is a handful of libs whose aim has been to be as obnoxious as possible. They have denigrated our values and asserted their moral and intellectual superiority.

So you'll excuse me if I engage in just a teeny bit of retribution - as soon as certain of those troglodytes get up the nerve to raise their ugly heads in here again.

sagegirl said:

I was peaking around DU forums, and noticed there were a number of folks there who were getting ready to start packing thier bags...having second and third homes in Canada and Europe...going there with their significant other to open accounts, and get ready to move.

Damn shame, I think the differences we have in America are what makes us unique in the world.

Standing in line to vote is not excessive.....even for if but a few hours. We have a representative republic that has endured for over 200 years, and hopefully will continue for a good long time more. I would gladly walk uphill through the snow barefoot to vote...and even stand in a line for (gawd forbid) 2 hours.....it is not Mc Lunch, sweetie!

Sagegirl, I believe the "leave the country" comments are intended for those who said they WOULD leave the country.

Sagegirl, I hope this ratification of Bush and American ideals signals the beginning of the defeat of the liberal left wing of your party and hopefully the moderates such as the Joe Lieberman and Zell Miller types will take back your party.

Thanks for the congrats!

sagegirl said:

Classy posting. I am happy, relieved and, hopefull!!

Bush Wins!!!! Bush Wins!!!!Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo hooo!!!

:nine: on Kerry!!!!

:dance:
:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

Very nice post, Sagegirl! And thank you!
But this...
sagegirl said:
it is a time to come together on as many issue
For the past (at least) 3 years, all we've heard is Bush Bash. No dems cared to work with Bush, just against him. So, now that he's, thankfully, won again, why is it not time for Republicans to finally be able to breathe again and maybe gloat a little (we have put up with ALOT of shit!!!)? Why must WE, once again, have to take the higher road? I be damned if Kerry would have won we would be hearing it ALL right now!!!
This is not necessarily directed at you, I'm sure you're probably trying to be sincere, it's just a thought. I know you're right, we should all be able to work together to better America, it's just some people are saying it for the wrong reasons and that irks me!

Others have already said anything I might say about this post, but I will touch on one thing.

sagegirl said:
I have a couple of quick opinions about the election: first I am so glad that the process went fairly smoothly,( although waiting in line for hours to vote seems excessive, ).

I look at it this way: Waiting in line for a long time might seem excessive to us, but at least none of us waited in line for hours with the fear of car bombs going off or people trying to kill us. Well, not a legitimate worry of that happening anyway. A long wait may be a bit inconvenient, but there are people who have been waiting their entire lives to wait in that long line. We should enjoy the fact that we have the freedom to not only do it, but to live in a place where it can be so openly unappreciated. I know that sounds weird, but it's true when you think about it.

Forum List

Back