4 million homeless in Pakistan floods

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- Floods in Pakistan have left more than 4 million people homeless, the United Nations said Thursday, as the U.S. plans to announce more funds for relief efforts.

U.S. Sen. John Kerry said Washington plans to boost aid to the nation by $150 million to prevent an increase of Islamist extremism amid the crisis.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will announce the increased aid later Thursday, Kerry said.

The latest number of homeless was double an earlier estimate of 2 million, prompting an urgent effort to secure more funds.

About a fifth of the country is submerged by floodwaters, and the threat of water-borne diseases such as cholera is a serious concern as families wade through chest-high, filthy water.

4 million homeless in Pakistan floods; U.S. to boost aid - CNN.com

An event like this will definitely fuel the Islamic extremist's agenda... Can already hear it now, "Allah has punished us because our politicians are conspiring with the infidels(ie us)."

So how much of your personal wealth or stash of pot money have you donated to charity to help them?? Or are you just waiting for our government to be generous with other people's money so that you can feel good about yourself?

Diamond Dave, some of us have limited charitable contribution budgets and a touch of compassion fatigue. But yes, I think it's a changable moment and we should be highly visible to Pakistanis.

The difference between the US and the Taliban should be obvious to those in need. We can, and do, deliver aid when disaster strikes. But 4 million? How in the hell can we provide enough aid for 4 million displaced, hungry, disease-prone people?

Diamond Dave, some of us have limited charitable contribution budgets and a touch of compassion fatigue. But yes, I think it's a changable moment and we should be highly visible to Pakistanis.

The difference between the US and the Taliban should be obvious to those in need. We can, and do, deliver aid when disaster strikes. But 4 million? How in the hell can we provide enough aid for 4 million displaced, hungry, disease-prone people?

Sacrifice and put off a dinner out and donate $30...

Why the hell SHOULD we provide governmental aid??

If anyone wishes to voluntarily donate time, effort, or money to charities that will help out these victims in Pakistan... more power to them... But I am rather sick of those who want to be generous or sacrificing, when of course it is not their money they want to be generous with

If anyone wishes to voluntarily donate time, effort, or money to charities that will help out these victims in Pakistan... more power to them... But I am rather sick of those who want to be generous or sacrificing, when of course it is not their money they want to be generous with

But YOUR Govt Throws away the biggest part of your money.

What other donate to what is NONE of your fucking business.
The government response to such global events IS all of our business.

This is a great opportunity to win over an a peoples hearts and minds in a country that we need good realtions with, the best part is we would actually be doing the decent thing instead of killing people.

And I have been for government wasteful spending WHEN?

And I have been for government wasteful spending WHEN?

I didn't say that i just mean they do it.

Heres a clue.

when it is tax dollars it is NO longer YOUR money its OUR money.

We vote on what to do with it by representation.

When you dont get your way its called democratic rule and when you do get your way its called democratic rule.

If you dont like to pay taxes move to a country that doesnt need taxes to build and maintain its society

Heres a clue.

When you dont get your way its called democratic rule and when you do get your way its called democratic rule.

If you dont like to pay taxes move to a country that doesnt need taxes to build and maintain its society

when does your flight for islamabad leave?

Heres a clue.

And you and your ilk contributed what part of that money??

Like I said... easy to be generous with the monies of others...

And please show me in the constitution where the Pakistani people are our government's responsibility

You don't have democratic rule, you ignorant motherfucker.... you have a representative constitutional republic... whether you vote on it or not, if it does not meet constitutional muster it is NIXED (or at least supposed to be nixed)

Heres a clue.

And please show me in the constitution where the Pakistani people are our government's responsibility

You don't have democratic rule, you ignorant motherfucker.... you have a representative constitutional republic... whether you vote on it or not, if it does not meet constitutional muster it is NIXED (or at least supposed to be nixed)

Hey asshole did you know a republic is a type of democracy?

Why the fuck do republicans NEVER know the definition of the word democracy?

Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Main Entry: de·moc·ra·cy
Pronunciation: \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural de·moc·ra·cies
Etymology: Middle French democratie, from Late Latin democratia, from Greek dēmokratia, from dēmos + -kratia -cracy
Date: 1576
1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b :a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
2 : a political unit that has a democratic government
3 capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the United States <from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy &#8212; C. M. Roberts>
4 : the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority
5 : the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges

Last edited:
Heres a clue.

Hey asshole did you know a republic is a type of democracy?

Why the fuck do republicans NEVER know the definition of the word democracy?

Why the hell don't you know the difference between a democracy and a constitutional republic?... and there is a BIG difference between the 2

Free aid! Just stop screwing around and hand over Osama Bin Laden first. Otherwise, die like pigs.

A republic IS a democracy you fucking asshole and YOU dont get to change the definition of words for your political hackery

Forum List

Back