4 hour wait for early voting in Democratic Districts. Imagine election day.

R

rdean

South Florida Voters Waiting 4 Hours to Vote Early - ABC News

Florida GOP's early vote spin: Now 96 hours=was 120 hours

In 2008, with long lines forming at the early voting polls in South Florida, then-Republican Gov. Charlie Crist extended early voting hours by four hours daily for six days, or the equivalent of two full extra days.

South Florida Voters Waiting 4 Hours to Vote Early – ABC News

GOP Governor Rick Scott Declines Extra Hours

---------------------------------

Remember when Mitt Romney said we need to promote democracy overseas? If it's this crowded at Democratic Polling places during early voting, imagine how it's going to be on election day. We know Rick Scott will only extend voting in Republican districts if needed.

This is called "how to steal an election". Or as some refer to it, "Republicans shitting on the American People".

At least the USMB board Republicans can't say, "Oh, it's about "fairness" with voter ID". This is naked voter suppression. I hope some USMB Republicans will stand up and say, "Yea, we are subverting democracy. We are white and that makes us right. Fuck you America, we pissed on Obama for four years and we squat on you now".

Come on guys. Be proud. Defend this like you always do. Tell us how it's right.

----------------------------------------

121029_florida_voters_ap_605.jpg

Mudslinging rises as election nears

And there are reports of a strange documentary showing up in voters’ mailboxes that questions Obama’s father’s identity,

Early-Voting-Starts-In-Fl-010.jpg
1500_sl_flo_1031.jpg

638131_t607.JPG
A6T6_sNCMAIXuFa.jpg:large

Florida Democratic chief, League of Women Voters asks Gov. Scott to extend voting time » Naples Daily News

House Minority Leader Dan Gelber of Miami sent a letter to Scott with the same request, reminding him former Republican governors Jeb Bush and Charlie Crist extended voting hours when it became apparent that some voter would otherwise be disenfranchised.

Scott said NO.

I Voted! But It Wasn’t as Easy as It Should’ve Been | TIME

In Florida, for example, Scott’s massive campaign to purge the state’s voter rolls flopped, because 99.9% of the 182,000 voters on his purge list turned out to be legit. And a federal judge struck down a draconian Republican law that made it nearly impossible for nonprofits to register new voters. But that law was on the books for 10 months, setting back registration efforts in the state. And while the first few days of early voting in Florida have seen record turnout, it’s unlikely that 2012’s eight days will attract as many early votes as 2008’s 15 days. The GOP has killed voting on the last weekend before the election, including the Sunday that black churches have used to move “Souls to the Polls.” Judging from the scene at Miami Beach City Hall, that could mean chaos on Election Day, and not all Floridians have jobs that allow them to take an extended break to vote.

------------------------------------------

Republicans are giving it to the American people. With one of their Virginia Abortion sticks, right up the old Kazoo.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

I went on Tuesday afternoon. There were 9 staions. The line was about 60 deep. It took about 40 minutes. When I left, the line was closer to 80 deep.

I went on Tuesday afternoon. There were 9 staions. The line was about 60 deep. It took about 40 minutes. When I left, the line was closer to 80 deep.

Did the lines look like the lines in the pictures above?

I live in Florida as well. Way to cherry pick stats (especially since Democratic early voting is down in the state whereas Republican early voting is up). Now, to provide completely anecdotal evidence, I went to early vote today and the lines at the library were wrapped around the block. And I happen to live in a Republican leaning county. Took at least two hours to get in and out.

Serious question. What is the deal with lines in some states? Do they just not have that many polling locations or few booths? I've only lived in 2 locations since I've been eligible to vote. When I lived in Chicago there were about 10 polling locations within a half mile of where I lived. Now I live in an exurb of about 9300 people and there are 5 locations here for the town. I've never experienced lines at either.

People are given the benefit of voting early,
They are given an opportunity to vote days in advance.
Not one day,but days.

And they still complain.

I get one day 6AM-9PM

Boom I go in and vote.Done.
These folks go in and act like they are reading War and Peace on the can.

Al Sharpton is again screaming voter suppression.
How is it voter suppression if you are given extra days to vote.

Here's a helpful hint people.
Go online and look at a sample ballot beforehand for God's sake.
That way you have an idea of what it looks like.
Make up your fucking minds before you go in.
How about you do that.

You have got to be kidding me...
WTF is wrong with you people.

Last edited:
True story, My dad and mom moved to Ottawa County Ohio into a lake house for their retirement. Changed addresses and registered with their new address. They sent my mom and dad a card saying "be sure to vote on Nov 8th." Dad saw this and raised a uproar. If you google "election card wrong date, Ottawa county", that is my dads card in the picture. Proud of the old man!

South Florida Voters Waiting 4 Hours to Vote Early - ABC News

Florida GOP's early vote spin: Now 96 hours=was 120 hours

In 2008, with long lines forming at the early voting polls in South Florida, then-Republican Gov. Charlie Crist extended early voting hours by four hours daily for six days, or the equivalent of two full extra days.

South Florida Voters Waiting 4 Hours to Vote Early – ABC News

GOP Governor Rick Scott Declines Extra Hours

---------------------------------

Remember when Mitt Romney said we need to promote democracy overseas? If it's this crowded at Democratic Polling places during early voting, imagine how it's going to be on election day. We know Rick Scott will only extend voting in Republican districts if needed.

This is called "how to steal an election". Or as some refer to it, "Republicans shitting on the American People".

At least the USMB board Republicans can't say, "Oh, it's about "fairness" with voter ID". This is naked voter suppression. I hope some USMB Republicans will stand up and say, "Yea, we are subverting democracy. We are white and that makes us right. Fuck you America, we pissed on Obama for four years and we squat on you now".

Come on guys. Be proud. Defend this like you always do. Tell us how it's right.

----------------------------------------

121029_florida_voters_ap_605.jpg

Mudslinging rises as election nears

And there are reports of a strange documentary showing up in voters’ mailboxes that questions Obama’s father’s identity,

Early-Voting-Starts-In-Fl-010.jpg
1500_sl_flo_1031.jpg

638131_t607.JPG
A6T6_sNCMAIXuFa.jpg:large

Florida Democratic chief, League of Women Voters asks Gov. Scott to extend voting time » Naples Daily News

House Minority Leader Dan Gelber of Miami sent a letter to Scott with the same request, reminding him former Republican governors Jeb Bush and Charlie Crist extended voting hours when it became apparent that some voter would otherwise be disenfranchised.

Scott said NO.

I Voted! But It Wasn’t as Easy as It Should’ve Been | TIME

In Florida, for example, Scott’s massive campaign to purge the state’s voter rolls flopped, because 99.9% of the 182,000 voters on his purge list turned out to be legit. And a federal judge struck down a draconian Republican law that made it nearly impossible for nonprofits to register new voters. But that law was on the books for 10 months, setting back registration efforts in the state. And while the first few days of early voting in Florida have seen record turnout, it’s unlikely that 2012’s eight days will attract as many early votes as 2008’s 15 days. The GOP has killed voting on the last weekend before the election, including the Sunday that black churches have used to move “Souls to the Polls.” Judging from the scene at Miami Beach City Hall, that could mean chaos on Election Day, and not all Floridians have jobs that allow them to take an extended break to vote.

------------------------------------------

Republicans are giving it to the American people. With one of their Virginia Abortion sticks, right up the old Kazoo.

Yeah--they're voting for Mitt Romney-:badgrin:

Florida was called for Mitt Romney right after the 1st debate by Suffolk University.

Suffolk University pollster David Paleologos, whose polls are aggregated into mainstream averages to show where the presidential race stands in the swing states, said he’s finished polling in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia because President Obama has no shot of winning those states.

“I think in places like North Carolina, Virginia and Florida, we’ve already painted those red, we’re not polling any of those states again,” Paleologos said Tuesday night on Fox’s "The O’Reilly Factor." “We’re focusing on the remaining states.”
Pollster pulls out of Fla., NC and Va., says Obama can

Obama+Political+cartoon+humor+5+stars+phistars.jpg

Serious question. What is the deal with lines in some states? Do they just not have that many polling locations or few booths? I've only lived in 2 locations since I've been eligible to vote. When I lived in Chicago there were about 10 polling locations within a half mile of where I lived. Now I live in an exurb of about 9300 people and there are 5 locations here for the town. I've never experienced lines at either.

Both.

Where I vote 5,000 people share two booths. In 2008 they moved the location from a small elementary school's classroom to a hall that can hold about 400 people. They moved another polling location there, too, on the other side of the room. That precinct has about 5,000 voters too, with two booths.

For early voting everyone has to go to the county seat. The room is miniscule and every precinct from dozens of cities and townships has a separate ballot. It's a fucking nightmare.

Both.

Where I vote 5,000 people share two booths. In 2008 they moved the location from a small elementary school's classroom to a hall that can hold about 400 people. They moved another polling location there, too, on the other side of the room. That precinct has about 5,000 voters too, with two booths.

For early voting everyone has to go to the county seat. The room is miniscule and every precinct from dozens of cities and townships has a separate ballot. It's a fucking nightmare.

Thanks for the answer.

How much do a few fucking voting booths cost? I'm actually thankful I live in a state that takes voting seriously. Seriously, how do you justify having 5,000 people share two booths? Insanity!

I usually vote absentee or ask for a paper ballot that I fill out at a table - not in secret - to help shorten the line.

What would probably really help is if someone passed out sample ballots and the people in line could pass it up or down the line. Most of the time in the booth is spent reading every choice three times over, even if you have all the choices decided before hand. I went the absentee route.

Last edited:
What would probably really help is if someone passed out sample ballots and the people in line could pass it up or down the line. Most of the time in the booth is spent reading every choice three times over, even if you have all the choices decided before hand. I went the absentee route.

yea so did i.....voted weeks ago.....i have never seen lines out here......not even on Election Day....

the Florida ballot has 12 state constitutional amendments - the Republican legislature added the amendments to the ballot rather than the normal public initiative - the legislative amendments are not subject to Judicial review for single subject or clarity of the proposals - they include language to restrict abortion, allow public funding for religious institutions, encourage school vouchers etc etc - so there is a lot of reading involved that takes time.

surprisingly the wait on Saturday the first day of one hour now seems to have been the right time to vote.

the amendments by the Republican legislature are deliberately written without clarity of their intentions.

Forum List

Back