4 Dolphins Shot to Death in Calif.

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By NOAKI SCHWARTZ Associated Press Writer
LOS ANGELES Jun 15, 2007 (AP)
Print Four dead dolphins have washed ashore with fatal bullet wounds and fifth with lacerations on its pectoral fin, said authorities who have offered a reward for information on the slayings.

The long-beaked common dolphins were all discovered between Carlsbad State Beach and Oceanside Harbor between May 29 and June 5. Photos showed their normally sleek gray skin mottled and stained with blood from the bullet wounds.

cont ... http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=3284465

Some people are just dicks.

Thats not right. I blame video games. And the parents. Not in that order.

I blame society on the whole, and its blatant disregard for life and lack of enough intelligence to not indiscriminately waste the limited natural resources left in the world.

And I most definitely do not believe in the needless killing of ANY living thing.

I am familiar with the area being stationed at both Camp Pendleton and MCRD San Diego.

But that DOES go a long way explaining what is wrong with you.:lol:

what years were you stationed at Pendleton?

Killing animals for shits and giggles is disgusting.

Doing it to any animal is bad, but especially to an animal as amazing and intelligent as a dolphin (much less 4).

I say we fry the perps now. That way, we won't be wondering why we didn't see the warning signs after they switch over and start senselessly killing humans.

Shit like this makes me so fucking angry :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I blame society on the whole, and its blatant disregard for life and lack of enough intelligence to not indiscriminately waste the limited natural resources left in the world.

And I most definitely do not believe in the needless killing of ANY living thing.

Bingo. If you aren't gonna eat it, don't kill it.

I hope the motherfuckers that did this are caught, and have the book thrown at them.

Dolphins are just amazing but there are idiots out there who see the fin out of the water and think its a shark.

I concur.

It could have been done by punks just looking for a thrill.

On the other hand, it could have been done by rogue fisherman. It's not uncommon for west coast fisherman to kill dolphins, sea lions, and sea otters, which they view as competition for commerical fish resources.

It, for me is unimaginable to deliberatly kill a living thing for enjoyment, it takes a certain kind of mind to kill one animal for fun, let alone 5 dolphins.

I still have a haunting memory of my first slingshot, I shot a marble at a bird on the top ledge of a church, and I hit it, it was not my intention to actually kill the animal, I didnt think i would even hit it.
But when it fell to the ground and I saw what I had done, the guilt and remorse were enough to let me know it was wrong and it wasnt something that should ever be repeated or enjoyed.

I lived in this area and Im telling you we get people from back east who see the Fin and think its a shark and will kill it.

Even if its a shark they should not be doing this shit but some people freak out when they see the fins and think the damn thing is going to jump on board and eat them like Jaws.

It, for me is unimaginable to deliberatly kill a living thing for enjoyment, it takes a certain kind of mind to kill one animal for fun, let alone 5 dolphins.

I still have a haunting memory of my first slingshot, I shot a marble at a bird on the top ledge of a church, and I hit it, it was not my intention to actually kill the animal, I didnt think i would even hit it.
But when it fell to the ground and I saw what I had done, the guilt and remorse were enough to let me know it was wrong and it wasnt something that should ever be repeated or enjoyed.

I totally agree.

I lived in this area and Im telling you we get people from back east who see the Fin and think its a shark and will kill it.

Even if its a shark they should not be doing this shit but some people freak out when they see the fins and think the damn thing is going to jump on board and eat them like Jaws.

Ignorance doesn't come just from the east coast. If I had to guess, I'd probably go with deadcandance's second option ... commercial fishermen. They don't give a damn who or what's ecosystem they're overfishing so long as they can make a haul, and anything that gets in the way and isn't "catch" is dead.

Forum List

Back