4 Dead, 2 Critically Injured in NYC e-Bike Store Fire

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Funny how most e bike users are young idiots.

Get off your fat arse and peddle.

Four people were killed and two others left clinging to life when an explosive fire ripped through a Lower Manhattan e-bike store early Tuesday — and officials quickly determined the blaze was caused by a lithium-ion battery used to charge the bikes.

Appropriate safety percautions must be maintained on the safe storage of batteries.

This sort of lapse seems to be trending in America now, as it reminds one of the careless behaviour of the 'submersible' company that killed 5.

It wasn't the e-bikes themselves that caused the fire, but rather the shoddy way the shop owner ran their place and the numerous violations of unsafe wiring to charge the bikes, as well as improper storage.

Hey.................cell phones melt down and cause fires, so do RC vehicles with rechargeable batteries. Do you want those products taken off the market as well?

Improper charging, using the wrong chargers and other conditions can cause Lithium-Ion batteries to fail and either explode or catch fire.

Blame the batteries and the individuals using them rather than the products that they are supposed to run. What do you have against e-bikes anyway?

Chinese booby trap store. Devious them little yellow fuckers are.

I keep all my Chinese-made Li-Ion flashlight batteries in a sealed metal container, just for that reason. And never charge the cell phones while I'm sleeping.

Chinese booby trap store. Devious them little yellow fuckers are.

I keep all my Chinese-made Li-Ion flashlight batteries in a sealed metal container, just for that reason. And never charge the cell phones while I'm sleeping.

Interestingly enough, if you go shopping on Amazon for RC cars, many of them come with fireproof bags or boxes for recharging the batteries because they know there is a possibility of a hazard happening.

It wasn't the e-bikes themselves that caused the fire, but rather the shoddy way the shop owner ran their place and the numerous violations of unsafe wiring to charge the bikes, as well as improper storage.

Hey.................cell phones melt down and cause fires, so do RC vehicles with rechargeable batteries. Do you want those products taken off the market as well?

Improper charging, using the wrong chargers and other conditions can cause Lithium-Ion batteries to fail and either explode or catch fire.

Blame the batteries and the individuals using them rather than the products that they are supposed to run. What do you have against e-bikes anyway?
Do you even read what you post?
All fires started by the BATTERY.

“The Loudoun County fire marshal determined a faulty lithium-ion battery in a remote-control car started a fire in Aldie, Virginia”

BTW - keep your EV outside and away from combustibles.

Interestingly enough, if you go shopping on Amazon for RC cars, many of them come with fireproof bags or boxes for recharging the batteries because they know there is a possibility of a hazard happening.

Too bad they don't come with complimentary home insurance policies too.

Or at least a free bag of marshmallows to roast over the subsequent fire. :laughing0301:

Do you even read what you post?
All fires started by the BATTERY.

“The Loudoun County fire marshal determined a faulty lithium-ion battery in a remote-control car started a fire in Aldie, Virginia”

BTW - keep your EV outside and away from combustibles.

Apparently, you didn't read what I posted, because I clearly stated the problems come from the batteries and improper usage, not the products they are used to run.

Apparently, you didn't read what I posted, because I clearly stated the problems come from the batteries and improper usage, not the products they are used to run.
Pathetic liar.

Too bad they don't come with complimentary home insurance policies too.

Or at least a free bag of marshmallows to roast over the subsequent fire. :laughing0301:

I've been thinking about getting an RC car or drone, but am still combing the various places you can buy them to determine which ones are relatively safe to own.

I've been thinking about getting an RC car or drone, but am still combing the various places you can buy them to determine which ones are relatively safe to own.

Drones are fun. I bought five drones with cameras at Walmart a few years ago, when they marked them down to $20 after Christmas.

They were fun, but every damned one of them either got out of range for the controller, got lost in the woods somewhere, or got snagged in a tree.

Drones are fun. I bought five drones with cameras at Walmart a few years ago, when they marked them down to $20 after Christmas.

They were fun, but every damned one of them either got out of range for the controller, got lost in the woods somewhere, or got snagged in a tree.
I've never owned one but one I looked at said if it got out of range, it would immediately fly back toward its starting location. I would think that sort of thing would be a common feature.

We should ban lithium batteries

I've never owned one but one I looked at said if it got out of range, it would immediately fly back toward its starting location. I would think that sort of thing would be a common feature.

Auto-return is a common feature on the higher-priced drones, but these were just cheap camera drones.

Forum List

Back