4 days till the greatest movie of all time!!

You know, I have never been one to really care about how much money other people make (hell, I don't even care about how much I make, and I should, I don't make much) but what gets me about American capitalism is how CEOs are rewarded even for failure.

Their companies can loose money, they can strip down great corporate institutions just to spike share price but in the long term destroy competitiveness, they can fire workers, even workers necessary for long term growth, they can even wreck the bottom line and they still make out like bandits.

It is a form cannibal capitalism that does not know how to make or create anything anymore, it just manipulates share price and creates financial products so byzantine that even they do not understand them.

Too many American CEOs are flim flam men selling financial snake oil.

Thank you, this shouldn't even be a partisan issues. Democrats and Republicans should be outraged at whats going on. The wealthiest 5% own more than the other 95% of the population. I mean they probably wipe their ass with the average income of families.

And if you want to open up your own small business, good luck. I mean you may have a decent business that gets you maybe a decent living. But get too big and the corporation will offer you a buyout and then if you don't take it, they run you out of business.

So every time I hear republicans say "Well we are here to protect the small business." :lol:

This corruption needs to end, soon the gap between the rich and the poor is going to get so ridiculous that a revolution will happen just like it did in Russia.

If it is a non-government owned company - those with ownership stakes make up the salaries of all members. Now those companies that took government bailout funds, that is another matter. Those salaries can be capped so long as that money has not been paid back - no problems with that.

You are aware though that you can take ALL top Wall Street salaries combined and they don't come close to matching what our government wastes every year on needless spending. Billions and billions and billions down the drain each and every year. There is no greater waste of capitalist dollars than the US government.

You want to complain about Wall Street salaries? Have at it. You best take some of that outrage and point it right at your government as well though, because it makes Wall Street look like chump change...

This is true, but how does anyone even begin to correct the situation? The GAO by periodic audits does its job and makes recommendations, many of which are never implemented. They do call attention to the public of the massive waste in various departments but then the public quickly loses interest and moves on (and of course so does Congress). One thing I find totally unacceptable, but I can't find anyone other than David Walker also willing to shout about it is that the Pentagon has never been audited. The GAO gives up because the DOD's books are such a mishmash that it's impossible. Why does the American taxpayer think that is acceptable?

Thank you, this shouldn't even be a partisan issues. Democrats and Republicans should be outraged at whats going on. The wealthiest 5% own more than the other 95% of the population. I mean they probably wipe their ass with the average income of families.

And if you want to open up your own small business, good luck. I mean you may have a decent business that gets you maybe a decent living. But get too big and the corporation will offer you a buyout and then if you don't take it, they run you out of business.

So every time I hear republicans say "Well we are here to protect the small business." :lol:

This corruption needs to end, soon the gap between the rich and the poor is going to get so ridiculous that a revolution will happen just like it did in Russia.

If it is a non-government owned company - those with ownership stakes make up the salaries of all members. Now those companies that took government bailout funds, that is another matter. Those salaries can be capped so long as that money has not been paid back - no problems with that.

You are aware though that you can take ALL top Wall Street salaries combined and they don't come close to matching what our government wastes every year on needless spending. Billions and billions and billions down the drain each and every year. There is no greater waste of capitalist dollars than the US government.

You want to complain about Wall Street salaries? Have at it. You best take some of that outrage and point it right at your government as well though, because it makes Wall Street look like chump change...

This is true, but how does anyone even begin to correct the situation? The GAO by periodic audits does its job and makes recommendations, many of which are never implemented. They do call attention to the public of the massive waste in various departments but then the public quickly loses interest and moves on (and of course so does Congress). One thing I find totally unacceptable, but I can't find anyone other than David Walker also willing to shout about it is that the Pentagon has never been audited. The GAO gives up because the DOD's books are such a mishmash that it's impossible. Why does the American taxpayer think that is acceptable?

Some don't and those that do are not paying attention.

And you make very valid points as to the obscene amount of waste and fraud within our goverment - it has been long institutionalized by both political parties and as already stated, the abuses of Wall Street are chump change compared to those of our government.

That fact alone gives ample credibility to the position of not adding trillions more to be managed by this corrupted system in handling government run healthcare. We must fix the house of the people first prior to moving in any more furniture...

I am for capping ALL executive pay and have that extra money go to the workers. These workers work hard for the company to make them money, they deserve a fair share.

Also, what is waste to you is something very important to other people, what makes your ideas so much better.
___

What is a "fair share" and who determines that?

Let the market determine salary - be it the common worker or the CEO.

The sooner you accept that, the sooner you might go out and be a more productive and financially secure member of society...

What fair share??? The CEO's determine that, not the market. They sit there and keep all the money for themselves, having their long lunch hours not dealing with the crap the average worker does yet freezes their hard earned pension and barely getting a raise ever working at their company.

I do work hard, everybody works hard. The fact that this country has let the private sector ruin this country makes me sick. We don't need de-regulation, we need more regulation.

Its time to put an end to greedy companies.

Da Tovaritch! Hail the Proletariat!

CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY
Overture Films

4 $30,399

-59.9% / $7,600
$328,949 / 6 $21,351

-29.8% / $5,338
$350,300 / 7 $21,734

+1.8% / $5,434
$372,034 / 8 $29,655

+36.4% / $7,414
$401,689 / 9
Domestic Total as of Oct. 1, 2009: $401,689
Distributor: Overture Films Release Date: September 23, 2009
Genre: Documentary Running Time: 2 hrs. 7 min.
MPAA Rating: R Production Budget: N/A

CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY
Overture Films

4 $30,399

-59.9% / $7,600
$328,949 / 6 $21,351

-29.8% / $5,338
$350,300 / 7 $21,734

+1.8% / $5,434
$372,034 / 8 $29,655

+36.4% / $7,414
$401,689 / 9
Domestic Total as of Oct. 1, 2009: $401,689

So? Does this mean that Fat Ass Mikey will be able to pay production costs for his Indoctrination efforts, and does it mean that he will be consuming a few less BIG MACS than he thought he would?

I see it as a BUST/Loss.

Sorry Mikey. But you might do well to buy into RAMEN Noodle Futures, or Buy a FARM...and grow yer food.

Funny Rumsfeldt found Department that about a trillion dollars was lost by the Pentagon during the Clinton Administration. Of course the alphabet soup media directed all it's outrage at the bearer of the message. The same sort of bait and switch was pulled thoughout the Bush administration. Ken Lay was supposedly a Bush crony but it was the Clintons that rented the Lincoln bedroom to Enron and got Enron a sweet heart deal in India.

When capitalism became a religion, the meek inherited the shit and the right to be trickled on.:lol:

His movie on Health Care was too much on the mark.

yea if you like tales that only show one side of the coin.....the positive side....its funny how the bloated one only shows the positive side of the country he is in....but when he is showing the US its only the negative side......keep your head shoved up this Crapheads ass Ray....im sure eventually you will get tired of the shit....

Domestic Total as of Oct. 2, 2009: $1,902,000 (Estimate)

I will wait for it to come out on DVD and then buy it at Mallwart for cheap.

Walmart: America's New Image

people-of-walmart1.jpg

Nearly half of the respondents chose Wal-Mart as the institution that best symbolizes America today, leaving in the dust runners-up Google, Microsoft, the NFL, and the banking and securities firm Goldman Sachs.

Jay does your wife know you took her picture and posted it?........

How can Moore charge ticket prices for a movie denouncing capitalism?

He doesn't denounce capitalism. He denounces theft disguised as capitalism.

Like His own theft of hard working peoples money by selling them lies?

The thing I don't get, all his "fans" already seem to know what he's saying, why are they wasting time watching his movies and not doing anything to change things instead?

Answer: Because they know it's all lies and just want to bitch.

You do realize that if you own more than one pairs of shoes, a change of underwear, and can eat 6 consecutive meals without problems if you chose to, that you are in that wealthiest 5% of the the world don't you?

Its amazing how many Americans hate themselves. If you have a problem with having all the money in the world, then share it. No one is stopping you. But lets stop pretending that it's somehow evil to work hard and do what you choose with what you earn.

]

Amen

I don't understand why "obesity" has to become the focal point. After all, critics of Rush Limbaugh rarely mention that he's a fat slob. They point to his propaganda, which is where it should stay regarding Michael Moore too. After all, two thirds of Americans are overweight and a good percentage of those are MORBIDLY obese, and since none of us knows what the others posting here anonymously looks like, it just seems like a stupid road to go down. For all I know, you could be posting from the Brookhaven Clinic with a laptop on your mountainous stomach and you therefore have great joy whenever you can point out someone else who is fat.

Limbaugh isnt fat.. and quite honestly thats all you ever say about the man.

I don't understand why "obesity" has to become the focal point. After all, critics of Rush Limbaugh rarely mention that he's a fat slob. They point to his propaganda, which is where it should stay regarding Michael Moore too. After all, two thirds of Americans are overweight and a good percentage of those are MORBIDLY obese, and since none of us knows what the others posting here anonymously looks like, it just seems like a stupid road to go down. For all I know, you could be posting from the Brookhaven Clinic with a laptop on your mountainous stomach and you therefore have great joy whenever you can point out someone else who is fat.

Limbaugh isnt fat.. and quite honestly thats all you ever say about the man.

And if that poster has been paying attention? Limbaugh has lost a tremendous amount of weight these past months.

But then, when does a Statist Liberal guide themselves to subject matter of a topic? rarely. They'd rather go after the messenger.

Again I say? Substance isn't their strong suit, nor in their lexicon. it's the 'Cult Of Personality' with them.

How can Moore charge ticket prices for a movie denouncing capitalism?

He doesn't denounce capitalism. He denounces theft disguised as capitalism.

Like His own theft of hard working peoples money by selling them lies?

yep. And Mikey says 'Capitalism hasn't done anything for him'?

LOL. It's done plenty, and the rubes that buy into it think he's the "bees kness" by their buying into it while paying money to be LIED to.

Sad and comical at the same time.

Michael Moore is a lying propagandist, pure and simple. If you enjoy being misled go see the slob's movie. Just know you are a fool. Moore does nothing honestly (except maybe eat food -he is an overfed endomorph) and is a shameless hypocrite.

Need proof of his hypocrisy? Just ask yourself: If "capitalism" has done nothing for him, why isn't he giving the movie away for free?

Michael Moore is a lying propagandist, pure and simple. If you enjoy being misled go see the slob's movie. Just know you are a fool. Moore does nothing honestly (except maybe eat food -he is an overfed endomorph) and is a shameless hypocrite.

Need proof of his hypocrisy? Just ask yourself: If "capitalism" has done nothing for him, why isn't he giving the movie away for free?

Obviously you didn't watch the movie. He said that the basic principles of capitalism are good. If you have a better product, you get to keep the customer over the not so good product.

The fact that in this country, businesses have sold crappy items like home loans, health insurance and other things. Yet have so much control over our money and how much it is worth and screw the people who have nothing so they can make more money is appalling.

And the fact that you and rest of your damn party defends these people in destroying the middle class is unbelievable. Stupid is the definition of the republican party.

Obviously you didn't watch the movie. He said that the basic principles of capitalism are good. If you have a better product, you get to keep the customer over the not so good product.

The fact that in this country, businesses have sold crappy items like home loans, health insurance and other things. Yet have so much control over our money and how much it is worth and screw the people who have nothing so they can make more money is appalling.

And the fact that you and rest of your damn party defends these people in destroying the middle class is unbelievable. Stupid is the definition of the republican party.

The rest of who's "damned party"? Mikey specifically said "Capitalism has FAILED"...does that mean it's failed him? The only reason it 'FAILS' is Government tinkering with it.

Looks like he has gained handsomly from it +/- a few cheeseburgers.

-BET-

Forum List

Back