4 Days in California

Sunday afternoon arrived in Burbank, drove to Malibu and wanted to eat at Neptune's. Too crowded with bikers. Drove up the coast to Pismo Beach. Watched sun set from the pier, ate dinner at The Cool Cat, stayed at the SeaVenture hotel (on the beach) in jaccuzzi suite.

Monday breakfast of crepes, then headed to The Hurst Castle (fantastic tour), watched Sea Elephants, then drove up the coast to San Francisco for Dungeness Crab at Crab House At Pier 39. Setting sun allowed a glimpse at Alcatraz. Riply's Believe-It-Or-Not entertained the kids whilst I drank Irish coffees in The Gold Dust Saloon.

Tuesday, should have had breakfast at Boudin's, should have reserved a bus tour; instead skipped breakfast and road The Duck (amphibious craft). Frieghtened kids with Chinese Markets, then went to little Italy for early dinner/dessert before driving to Bakersfield.

Wednesday, business in Bakersfield concluded in time to arrive in Hollywood about noon to camp at Hooter's across the street from Chinese Theatre to people watch, wandered the Blvd, then headed off to Warner Bros for Studio Tour. Saw Big Bang and Conan set. Retired to Burbank and went to see 300: Rise of Empire, 3D.

Thursday AM Flew out of Bob Hope Intl.

Hey, I was at Neptunes Net.

-Geaux

Used to drive down to Neptune's for lunch when we were stationed at Pt Mugu up the road.

Your pictures are awesome; I hope you had visited Niagara Falls if you have gone to California. Because Niagara falls is the main attraction of California. Especially when people go there in summer, they must visit this beautiful falls.
I’m also going there in coming few days though get bus tours with my family but we’ll go there from the other side of America. Means from Washington DC to Niagara Falls, I hope it will be memorable trip of mine.

You need to work on your geography

get bus tours suck

Oh no doubt, the Pizza in Chicago and the wine in Paris were my favorite parts of California.:cuckoo:

Sunday afternoon arrived in Burbank, drove to Malibu and wanted to eat at Neptune's. Too crowded with bikers. Drove up the coast to Pismo Beach. Watched sun set from the pier, ate dinner at The Cool Cat, stayed at the SeaVenture hotel (on the beach) in jaccuzzi suite.

Monday breakfast of crepes, then headed to The Hurst Castle (fantastic tour), watched Sea Elephants, then drove up the coast to San Francisco for Dungeness Crab at Crab House At Pier 39. Setting sun allowed a glimpse at Alcatraz. Riply's Believe-It-Or-Not entertained the kids whilst I drank Irish coffees in The Gold Dust Saloon.

Tuesday, should have had breakfast at Boudin's, should have reserved a bus tour; instead skipped breakfast and road The Duck (amphibious craft). Frieghtened kids with Chinese Markets, then went to little Italy for early dinner/dessert before driving to Bakersfield.

Wednesday, business in Bakersfield concluded in time to arrive in Hollywood about noon to camp at Hooter's across the street from Chinese Theatre to people watch, wandered the Blvd, then headed off to Warner Bros for Studio Tour. Saw Big Bang and Conan set. Retired to Burbank and went to see 300: Rise of Empire, 3D.

-Geaux

Used to drive down to Neptune's for lunch when we were stationed at Pt Mugu up the road.

I've heard more than one whistful sailor's comment regarding Point Mugu. Must be a great station.

You need to work on your geography

get bus tours suck

Yeah, I just skipped that one... Didn't seem worth the effort...

I plan on visiting the Everglades the next time I am in California. Do you think get bus tours will take me there?

Watch out for the Vicious California 'Gators.

sea-lion-shutterstock.jpg

-Geaux

That's funny... I used to drive down to Neptune's Net after getting stoned out on Mugu Rock...

Sometimes we'd climb out over the water with a sixer of Mickey's...

-Geaux

That's funny... I used to drive down to Neptune's Net after getting stoned out on Mugu Rock...

Sometimes we'd climb out over the water with a sixer of Mickey's...

Never knew so many have visited my stomping grounds for the last 35 years :lol:

It is a beautiful area

-Geaux

All the information about the trip is very comfortable and mostly peoples like to move toward the California but little bit cheap of the things of California is expensive...

Forum List

Back