4 Blacks Charged in BLM Shooting

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Man Charged In Shooting Of Black Lives Matter Protesters

Prosecutors have charged four men in connection with a shooting at a Black Lives Matter protest in Minneapolis last week.

Allen Lawrence Scarsella, the 22-year-old who allegedly fired the shots, was charged with one count of rioting while armed with a dangerous weapon and five counts of assault with a dangerous weapon. Twenty-seven-year-old Joseph Martin Backman, 21-year-old Nathan Wayne Gustavsson and 26-year-old Daniel Thomas Macey each face a single riot charge.

Scarsella, Backman and Gustavsson, who are all white, and Macey, who is Asian, were arrestedlast Wednesday. Minneapolis police are working with the FBI on the case and said they are not seeking any more suspects.

The shooting occurred at a protest in which Black Lives Matter’s Minneapolis chapter was demanding justice in the death of Jamar Clark, a 24-year-old black man shot by police this month.

One of the arrested men called a high-school friend, who is a police officer, and confessed the crime, according to a search warrant obtained by CBS Minnesota. The man claims he and his friends went to the protest with the intention of live-streaming it, and said the altercation began when protesters tried to get them to leave.

SNIP*

The website participants referred to blacks in derogatory terms and said they intended to do some “reverse cultural enriching.” The acquaintance held up a handgun before the camera in one posting and ended the video with the words “stay white.”

About 1 o’clock the next morning, a police officer [identified in other court documents as being from the Mankato Police Department] said Scarsella told him he shot five people near the police station. The officer told Scarsella to turn himself in.

The officer knew Scarsella as someone who carried firearms, “had very intense opinions,” considered himself “a sovereign citizen and pro-Constitution,” and had “negative experiences with and opinions about African Americans.”

(AKA REPUBLICAN)

SNIP*

Though the suspects were not charged with committing a hate crime or with domestic terrorism, it's worth pointing out that at least 48 people have been killed in the U.S. by radical anti-government groups or white supremacists since the Sept. 11 attacks -- almost twice the number killed by self-identified jihadists -- according to a study released in June by the New America Foundation.

Was it self defense?? I've seen stories showing the blacks became violent and attacked them.

Was it self defense?? I've seen stories showing the blacks became violent and attacked them.

No you didnt...Ol "I heard it through the grapevine" lying ass

Then you didn't research the story much. Here's a video of blacks involved in it saying they "all rushed them at once" and initiated an assault on the whites:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Google. Many say it was self defense. They were there recording and a mob of blacks began to swarm, assault and chase them. So....they shot in self defense. Moron. Read up before you post.

Then you didn't research the story much. Here's a video of blacks involved in it saying they "all rushed them at once" and initiated an assault on the whites:

Google. Many say it was self defense. They were there recording and a mob of blacks began to swarm, assault and chase them. So....they shot in self defense. Moron. Read up before you post.

Not one person in that video said they "initiated assault". God dam boy, you dont have an honest bone in your body. Thats why your "I heard it through the grapevine" shit doesnt work, you lie even when you dont have too

FTA:

Someone who knows Scarsella confirmed to investigators that he and Scarsella had been at the protest site a few days earlier to record. The acquaintance said the two made “inappropriate comments to [the] protesters, which sparked anger between BLM and his group and led to angry Internet postings…” These Internet forums, where commenters talked about dressing in plain clothes but carrying a firearm, were reviewed by investigators, according to the charging papers obtained by the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Not one person in that video said they "initiated assault". God dam boy, you dont have an honest bone in your body. Thats why your "I heard it through the grapevine" shit doesnt work, you lie even when you dont have too

Hey dipshit go to 1:02 when he says "someone out the crowd goes up and punches one of em...."

That's called "initiating and assault".

God damn. You are one retarded bastard. So there you go. The defendants were filming on a public street. Got swarmed and assaulted and chased by a mob. Defended themselves. And got arrested....because hey....if they weren't arrested Minneapolis burns.

Hey dipshit go to 1:02 when he says "someone out the crowd goes up and punches one of em...."

God damn. You are one retarded bastard. So there you go. The defendants were filming on a public street. Got swarmed and assaulted and chased by a mob. Defended themselves. And got arrested....because hey....if they weren't arrested Minneapolis burns.

They said after they ran away from the cameras waaay after the punch then they shot.

You can try self defense but thats hard to sell when he went down there twice stirring up shit, posted on the internet that he was going to start some shit and then guess what? He found some shit.

Play stupid games get stupid prizes, right?

They said after they ran away from the cameras waaay after the punch then they shot.

You can try self defense but thats hard to sell when he went down there twice stirring up shit, posted on the internet that he was going to start some shit and then guess what? He found some shit.

So you admit you were wrong. Apologies accepted.

Yes. They went and used freedom of speech to express some stupidity....angered a mob....and got attacked. They STILL HAVE a right to self defense.

Just like when a thug attacks a cop and finds some shit....right? Stupid game stupid prizes. Right? Oh wait....that's different you say?

Yes. They went and used freedom of speech to express some stupidity....angered a mob....and got attacked. They STILL HAVE a right to self defense.

Thats an interested way to describe inciting a riot. That must be the white version

Thats an interested way to describe inciting a riot. That must be the white version

Yes. Freedom of speech is often uncomfortable. If a mob swarms and attacks me....well....if you're unarmed you're fucked. If armed...defend yourself.

But again....this debate ended when you said I lied....then I linked to the 1:02 mark in the video....and you began the "yeah....but...." logic. Sorry. It's over. You lose.

But these white guys were charged just like Zimmerman. They'll go free....then sue Minneapolis for a nice check.

Yes. Freedom of speech is often uncomfortable. If a mob swarms and attacks me....well....if you're unarmed you're fucked. If armed...defend yourself.

Inciting a riot is not Freedom of Speech unless ones whiteness reduces that charge on sheer privilege

But again....this debate ended when you said I lied....then I linked to the 1:02 mark in the video....and you began the "yeah....but...." logic. Sorry. It's over. You lose.

But these white guys were charged just like Zimmerman. They'll go free....then sue Minneapolis for a nice check.

Inciting a riot is what they are charged with. They went down to cause problems because they hate free speech but they're white so you defend it

Forum List

Back