4,500 Chinese escape Libya by sea; Americans stuck

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Two ferries braved rough seas Thursday to evacuate 4,500 Chinese workers from Libya's eastern port of Benghazi, but high winds to the west left hundreds of Americans stranded on a docked ferry in Tripoli.

As tens of thousands of foreigners sought to flee the turmoil in Libya, Britain pondered whether to send in its military to evacuate oil workers stranded in remote sites by fierce fighting in the North African nation.

Those who made it out of Libya described a frightening scene — with bodies hanging from electricity poles in Benghazi and militia trucks driving loaded up with the dead. In the capital of Tripoli, witnesses said the airport was a madhouse, crammed with desperate people who stampeded any open door

4,500 Chinese escape Libya by sea; Americans stuck - FoxNews.com

So the US is evacuating people by ferry instead of by air (because the airport is complete chaos)....

And you're complaining about what, exactly?

Where does it mention that I"m complaining you freak of nature? Underline it for me. We'll wait.

So the US is evacuating people by ferry instead of by air (because the airport is complete chaos)....

Where does it mention that I"m complaining you freak of nature? Underline it for me. We'll wait.

So you and Fox included the "American's stuck" part just for kicks? (Nevermind that by "Stuck" you really mean sitting comfortable on ferry out of harms way)

So you and Fox included the "American's stuck" part just for kicks? (Nevermind that by "Stuck" you really mean sitting comfortable on ferry out of harms way)

YOu look stupider by the minute. It's an ASSOCIATED PRESS Peice next question???? kool aid drinker??? got another question:" well doyahuh?>>>

I guess the Asshole has no more questions.. can't bash fox so he runs like a derailed rat.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

phukin phunny

YOu look stupider by the minute. It's an ASSOCIATED PRESS Peice next question???? kool aid drinker??? got another question:" well doyahuh?>>>

An AP Peice?

I ask again: what is the relevance of Americans "Stuck" on a ferry?

An AP Peice?

I ask again: what is the relevance of Americans "Stuck" on a ferry?

don't know asswipe, take it up with whoever wrote the peice.. think you can handle that? anymore questions?

[Associated Press writers across Europe contributed to this report.

/B]

I suggest you contact AP ASAP and get them to remove the word STUCK.. we'll wait. Let me know, then I'll repost the article more to your liking.. I'm waiting.

One significance is evacuation capability or the lack thereof. Typically during times like these, one of the first questions the American president asks is, "Where are the carriers?" I would guess that even if he did not know to ask the question, someone would tell him to ask it. Since there is no sign of an aircraft carrier doing box ops off the Libyan coast, there probably isn't one in the Med. No surprise there as our Navy is over-committed. One of the advantages of having a military twice the size of the rest of the world combined is that it allows us to defend U.S. citizens even when they are 10,000 miles away.

Last edited:

/B]

I suggest you contact AP ASAP and get them to remove the word STUCK.. we'll wait. Let me know, then I'll repost the article more to your liking.. I'm waiting.

Speaking of morons....

The AP didn't write the headline.

Who did moron..?

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

:lol::lol::lol: cut him some slack, he's going to make AP remove the word STUCK until then we're STUCK here waiting.. albeit comfortably.. :eusa_angel:

/B]

Speaking of morons....

The AP didn't write the headline.

Who did moron..?

Holy shit...here's a clue, free of charge: The people who published the AP article.

You can find that exact story under a couple dozen different headlines.

Forum List

Back