4.3 billion for small business

The small-business lending program was set up in September 2010 by Congress and the administration of President Barack Obama to provide low-interest capital injections to community banks that increase their lending to small businesses. The program permits them to use the new capital to refinance their Troubled Asset Relief Program debt.

please stop lying about what the article says

It is a testiment to how messed up in the head the right is to attack a sound economic plan like getting small business the loans they have been asking for a couple of years now.

i guess the republicans couldnt find a way to stop this good move.

TM, you should know what the SBA deems a 'small biz'

~S~

why do you people refuse facts?

small business has been complaining that they could not get loans for months now.

I posted links to that fact already.

How do you make things better if you refuse all information?

All you are doing is transferring debt from one program to another. It's like paying off one credit card with another, you idiot!

Again, answer the fucking question, long term... I dare you. What happens when a company gets more money to expand?

They expand.

What happens when there is not enough demand for their product... Then what happens when the company folds? Sounds like 1995-2008 all over again…
You forgot about what happens if they succeed.

Its harder now than its been in a while.
Now when demand is at an all time low because people are spending so little due to high unemployment and high costs of living why would expanding your business be important?
41% of small businesses cannot get adequate financing.

Small Business Can’t Get Loans From Bailed-Out Banks - Businessweek

How many small businesses are “maxed” out on output because of such high demand?

Its really amazing that a chicken and egg dilemma can fuck your head up so much.

We can't have new jobs without demand - we can't have demand if people don't have jobs - OMG lets just throw up our hands and give up. - The Republican Way

I'm not a Republican dumb ass...

It is a testiment to how messed up in the head the right is to attack a sound economic plan like getting small business the loans they have been asking for a couple of years now.

TM, you should know what the SBA deems a 'small biz'

~S~

Manufacturing: Maximum number of employees may range from 500 to 1500, depending on the type of product manufactured;
Wholesaling: Maximum number of employees may range from 100 to 500 depending on the particular product being provided;
Services: Annual receipts may not exceed $2.5 to $21.5 million, depending on the particular service being provided;
Retailing: Annual receipts may not exceed $5.0 to $21.0 million, depending on the particular product being provided;
General and Heavy Construction: General construction annual receipts may not exceed $13.5 to $17 million, depending on the type of construction;
Special Trade Construction: Annual receipts may not exceed $7 million; and
Agriculture: Annual receipts may not exceed $0.5 to $9.0 million, depending on the agricultural product.

What is SBA's definition of a small business concern? | SBA.gov

Again, answer the fucking question, long term... I dare you. What happens when a company gets more money to expand?

They expand.

How many small businesses are “maxed” out on output because of such high demand?

Its really amazing that a chicken and egg dilemma can fuck your head up so much.

We can't have new jobs without demand - we can't have demand if people don't have jobs - OMG lets just throw up our hands and give up. - The Republican Way

Great, then you agree with the rest of the post.

You guys are so funny....a tiny, insignificant $4.3 billion.
When the 3 largest banks in America needed money - they received $700 Billion.
They received the money to pay off toxic assets, but those toxic assets are still there.
Instead they used the money to invest in the stock market and invested heavily in FOREIGN assets.
After they received $700 B I L L I O N
These banks had the best year on record (2009)
The stock market had the highest gains in history.
Salaries and bonuses for the entire financial sector rose more than any year in history.
They had a regular f*cking party off of taxpayer money.

But...we are still unemployed, we are not well at all.
So the gov't wants to toss out a paultry $4.3 billion...when the private sector since 2008 has lost $14 TRILLION.

You guys are so lost.

They expand.

How about this...

When the economy still sucks, you go fuck yourself because we told you this was bullshit in the first place. Just like with the Stimulus, TARP and Obamacare.

Treasury Approves $4.3 Billion for Small Business Lending Fund - Bloomberg

The Obama administration has supported 17 tax breaks providing tax relief of more than $50 billion for small businesses, Don Graves, the Treasury’s assistant secretary for small business, wrote in a blog posting Sept. 2. Small businesses employ about half the workforce and account for 60 percent of gross job creation, Graves said.

Im sure the cons will hate this one for SOME reason
WHY must it come from TAXPAYERS? Here's a thought? Get RID of excessive taxation, excessive regulations and let the free market breathe FREE again?

Here it is again--YOUR LINK--read it very slowly and carefully:

The U.S. treasury approved $4.3 billion for 382 financial institutions as part of its Small Business Lending Fund.

The Treasury has completed more than $1.8 billion in funding for 130 lenders, according to a department white paper obtained by Bloomberg News today. Of 932 applications received, more than 40 percent “failed to meet minimum statutory or program requirements and therefore could not be approved,” the Treasury paper said. Those requirements include size of the bank and whether it had missed dividend payments.

The small-business lending program was set up in September 2010 by Congress and the administration of President Barack Obama to provide low-interest capital injections to community banks that increase their lending to small businesses. The program permits them to use the new capital to refinance their Troubled Asset Relief Program debt.

IOW--If banks loan money to small business-- the BANK can use capital aka "injection" from this program to refinance THEIR troubled sset relief program debt.

So basically the Federal Government is using taxpayer dollars to BRIBE BANKS into loaning money to small business'es in this country.

I know these articles can get very tough to understand and sometimes you have to read them over and over again to get the point. What this will result in is another round of bad lending practices--BAD LOANS made to small businesse's that are failing-- by banks to get this PERK.

Last edited:
We don't need loans....we need customers.

If there are no customers, pray tell, why do they need to hire?

You need people to buy stuff and the demand creates a reason to expand your business.

Demand is flat or nonexistent

Agreed, demand-side policies are what're needed now to fight unemployment and promote growth. The question is how you balance that need for expansionary policy with the opposing push for deficit reduction--right now--currently sucking up most of the oxygen in Washington.

Treasury Approves $4.3 Billion for Small Business Lending Fund - Bloomberg

The Obama administration has supported 17 tax breaks providing tax relief of more than $50 billion for small businesses, Don Graves, the Treasury’s assistant secretary for small business, wrote in a blog posting Sept. 2. Small businesses employ about half the workforce and account for 60 percent of gross job creation, Graves said.

Im sure the cons will hate this one for SOME reason

So what your saying is that we won the argument and you agree that tax cuts create economic growth?

Seriously?

Answer the fucking question or get the fuck out IMO.

I fucking dare you to answer it.

Its pretty fucking easy. To expand a business and make new jobs you need capital. A business loan is a way of obtaining capital. Please stop being stupid.

You need customers with money first. It's plain stupid to turn out product that no one can afford.
Look! Companies that received loans from TARP burned through the cash without holding onto the few jobs they were able to fund. The money is gone and no one will lend them any more money without good reason to expect that they will be repaid.
Along come our lord and savior, barack obama. He looks good claiming he's lent money to small business and can later claim these businesses are paying off TARP loans.Win/win, huh?
The end result is the government is in effect, allowing TARP recipients to pay off one credit card with another one, just to pump up obama's poll numbers.
The only thing that will create demand is MONEY. Let taxpayers hold onto some, and they'll buy things, create demand and businesses will hire to meet the demand.

Last edited:
The small-business lending program was set up in September 2010 by Congress and the administration of President Barack Obama to provide low-interest capital injections to community banks that increase their lending to small businesses.

You left out this part:

Of 932 applications received, more than 40 percent “failed to meet minimum statutory or program requirements and therefore could not be approved,” the Treasury paper said. Those requirements include size of the bank and whether it had missed dividend payments.

Large banks generally don't lend to small businesses. Small banks do.

How about this...

When the economy still sucks, you go fuck yourself because we told you this was bullshit in the first place. Just like with the Stimulus, TARP and Obamacare.

TARP? What do you think would happen if all the major banks failed? You know FDIC has limited funds, right?

Ever heard of bank runs? Want to lose all your money?

We don't need loans....we need customers.

If there are no customers, pray tell, why do they need to hire?

You need people to buy stuff and the demand creates a reason to expand your business.

Demand is flat or nonexistent

Agreed, demand-side policies are what're needed now to fight unemployment and promote growth. The question is how you balance that need for expansionary policy with the opposing push for deficit reduction--right now--currently sucking up most of the oxygen in Washington.

Easy, end the wars, all 4 of them. Truth of the matter is you ain't gonna get Obama/Dems to do that... Oh, I mean the Tea Party will force Obama to stay in all the warsm that's what I meant... lol.

Forum List

Back