3rd White House Gate Crasher

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Third White House crasher is local event planner

WASHINGTON —
The third gate-crasher at November's White House state dinner turns out to be a local event planner who got in with members of the Indian delegation.

Politics | Third White House crasher is local event planner | Seattle Times Newspaper

___

Now if this administration cannot control the security for the White House, what kind of job are they capable of doing in keeping the nation safe????

I did not vote for the guy - but he is the POTUS and as such should have the very best security possible. These cases represent a far too indifferent approach to protecting Obama. One must wonder if this indifference is systemic within the entire administration...

I did not vote for the guy - but he is the POTUS and as such should have the very best security possible. These cases represent a far too indifferent approach to protecting Obama. One must wonder if this indifference is systemic within the entire administration...

Oh stop it.

The Secret Service doesn't change hands with each administration.

Ever read [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Presidents-Secret-Service-Behind-Protect/dp/0307461351/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262803064&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect (9780307461353): Ronald Kessler: Books[/ame] ?

Oh stop it.

The Secret Service doesn't change hands with each administration.

Ever read [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Presidents-Secret-Service-Behind-Protect/dp/0307461351/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262803064&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect (9780307461353): Ronald Kessler: Books[/ame] ?
____

It is a legit question.

We have Homeland Security announcing the "system worked" before the administration backtracks repeatedly from that asinine statement.

We had the President unwisely declaring the Christmas Day Bomber as some lone radical, before having to backtrack yet again on that.

And now three incidents of people getting into the White House who should not have been allowed?

This is not a campaign anymore - these folks need to wake up now. If the Secret Service is part of the problem, then they need to be held accountable - as does Homeland Security, and any other agency that continues to muddle about while putting a nation at risk...

While the Secret Service is tasked with protecting the President the White House has a say in different levels of this protection. Receptions and meetings are controlled by the White House staff and determination of security levels can be and are routinely fluctuated at different levels for varieties of reasons. The primary protection unit is always present with the President regardless of the strictness or relative laxity of outer security features and these determinations are made in conference with all responsible parties.
In essence, while I'm sure the Secret Service will accept the blame and take the heat whether they are responsible for the security break down or not, the security levels may have been directed by the White House staff which perpetuated the lapse.
Just a thought before people start demanding that heads roll.

While the Secret Service is tasked with protecting the President the White House has a say in different levels of this protection. Receptions and meetings are controlled by the White House staff and determination of security levels can be and are routinely fluctuated at different levels for varieties of reasons. The primary protection unit is always present with the President regardless of the strictness or relative laxity of outer security features and these determinations are made in conference with all responsible parties.
In essence, while I'm sure the Secret Service will accept the blame and take the heat whether they are responsible for the security break down or not, the security levels may have been directed by the White House staff which perpetuated the lapse.

I find it hard to believe that WH staff has the authority to over-ride the Secret Service; it's my understanding that even the President himself must submit to their protocol. BUT, if that is the case, then the staffers' heads should roll right along with the officers that allowed this breach.

It would be interesting to know (tho' I doubt they'd ever release the info) how often this has occurred in the past. I think the only reason why we even know about these incidents is because the dimwits posted pics online.

I find it hard to believe that WH staff has the authority to over-ride the Secret Service; it's my understanding that even the President himself must submit to their protocol. BUT, if that is the case, then the staffers' heads should roll right along with the officers that allowed this breach.

It would be interesting to know (tho' I doubt they'd ever release the info) how often this has occurred in the past. I think the only reason why we even know about these incidents is because the dimwits posted pics online.

The President does submit to their protocol but even that is somewhat limited in scope within the restrains of political/social function and location. When I mention the White House staff I do mean the senior personnel working in conjunction with the President's wishes or normal White House SOP. It's not an "override" so much as it is a level of security need or perception based on each individual function.

Why are they so surprised at this gate crashing thing? All the sheep come running at feeding time down on the farm. It should be the same thing there with the Obama sheep.

Forum List

Back