3rd party to take on Akin and Clair in Missouri?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Watching Palin on Greta's show and she is pushing hard for Steelman to challenge them both as a third party candidate. If she did I wonder if the RNC and Rove would financially back her.

If she ran as an independent, she could get a shitload of PAC money. It's hard to say if she'd actually have a shot at winning though.

I don't know anything about her, or that race - I haven't been following it at all.

There is still the problem of the plank in the GOP platform. And the problem that Akin just may be pissed enough that they are adapting his ideas while throwing him under the bus that he will point this out in a big way.

Watching Palin on Greta's show and she is pushing hard for Steelman to challenge them both as a third party candidate. If she did I wonder if the RNC and Rove would financially back her.

It would end up a democrat victory.....no doubt about that.

What other options do we have?

And I'm not sure that would be the end result. All the candidates were beating Clair easily before this nonsense started. Not doing anything could just as easily give us the results you speak of.

According to Missouri election law, if she wanted to run as an independent, she would have had to submit 10,000 petition signatures by last year's election day.

It's far too late for her to run, at this point.

According to Missouri election law, if she wanted to run as an independent, she would have had to submit 10,000 petition signatures by last year's election day.

If true and no loopholes are available then this is a moot issue.

One would think Palin would have checked into the requirements before spouting off on national tv.

Murkowski won her Senate seat as a write in candidate from Alaska ... good luck for Steelman.

I love the message to Missouri voters:

"Steeleman for Senate. Because the most important thing is ensuring the GOP wins the Senate."

Good luck, jackasses.

That includes Sean Hannity whose entire concern was ensuring the GOP could win.

Fucking douchebags.

If true and no loopholes are available then this is a moot issue.

One would think Palin would have checked into the requirements before spouting off on national tv.

Now that is funny...Palin caring about such things.

Forum List

Back