3rd party moderate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Since we were discussing this alittle in the Cold war thread i figured id start a new on on this topic. Some people particularly CSM have advocated a 3rd more moderate party. What would this third party consist of? What would be its views.

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    yeah! good call...make a 3rd major party, and declare gop_jeff it's 'leader'.

:)

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153

Obey the leader...he will tell us what to think.

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I was thinking more like DK. We can have NATOAIR as our extreme left wing rep and RTWNG AVNGR as our extremme right wing rep. Dillo can be our centrists figure head spokesman.

Seriously, I have no idea what a third party should look like I am well aware that there are moral absolutes for people and that's ok. One thing I do know, a third party would have to cherish such values as integrity, loyalty, compassion, discipline and a whole host of politically incorrect words like responsibility, patriotism, and duty.

5. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Good idea! I hate thinking; it hurts my head. And sometimes when I try to think, nothing happens.

6. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    OUCH, OUCH, OUCH. Stop using those words. :laugh:

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    extreme left wing? :cry:

its all good though. i would love to see a third party actually truly develop into a viable platform.

it would need bold vision and the promise of a truly stronger america (in so many ways)

my contribution would be the rapid restructuring of the education system in order to put America back on top of world rankings in science and math. In addition, increase the government's R&D budget by 10x. We need to get way ahead of ourselves and the rest of the world in the technology field, in order to remain the world's leader in business, finance and science. perhaps even with such a push we could discover cold fusion technology or something else spectacular, like the cure for cancer.

8. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Science and Math is no good if you can't kick everyone else's asses. :)

More defense spending! :) Start by giving Civil Service ppl pay raises...10% at least :)

9. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Being in the extreme left wing of a moderate party would make you pretty reasonable over all. Anotherthing I would like to see as a plank in that party's platform (besides education reform and additional research) is a real energy policy that diminishes our dependence on foriegn sources and fosters new and innovative technologies for energy production and distribution. Obviously, I would like a strong stance on the military posture of the US.

10. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    we need to expose to the american people the reality that too many of our important systems (education, energy, business development) were truly built in the 50's and haven't been upgraded significantly since. that is a travesty, we need 21st century technology and systems to be stronger and more prosperous.

i propose increasing the army by 200,000 troops indefinitely. this could/would be offset partially by the replacement of certain military positions in the homeland with civilians.

(that's good for about 50,000 more jobs for america)