3rd party moderate

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Since we were discussing this alittle in the Cold war thread i figured id start a new on on this topic. Some people particularly CSM have advocated a 3rd more moderate party. What would this third party consist of? What would be its views.

-=d=- said:
yeah! good call...make a 3rd major party, and declare gop_jeff it's 'leader'.

:)

Obey the leader...he will tell us what to think.

-=d=- said:
yeah! good call...make a 3rd major party, and declare gop_jeff it's 'leader'.

:)

I was thinking more like DK. We can have NATOAIR as our extreme left wing rep and RTWNG AVNGR as our extremme right wing rep. Dillo can be our centrists figure head spokesman.

Seriously, I have no idea what a third party should look like I am well aware that there are moral absolutes for people and that's ok. One thing I do know, a third party would have to cherish such values as integrity, loyalty, compassion, discipline and a whole host of politically incorrect words like responsibility, patriotism, and duty.

CSM said:
I was thinking more like DK. We can have NATOAIR as our extreme left wing rep and RTWNG AVNGR as our extremme right wing rep. Dillo can be our centrists figure head spokesman.

Seriously, I have no idea what a third party should look like I am well aware that there are moral absolutes for people and that's ok. One thing I do know, a third party would have to cherish such values as integrity, loyalty, compassion, discipline and a whole host of politically incorrect words like responsibility, patriotism, and duty.
OUCH, OUCH, OUCH. Stop using those words. :laugh:

extreme left wing? :cry:

its all good though. i would love to see a third party actually truly develop into a viable platform.

it would need bold vision and the promise of a truly stronger america (in so many ways)

my contribution would be the rapid restructuring of the education system in order to put America back on top of world rankings in science and math. In addition, increase the government's R&D budget by 10x. We need to get way ahead of ourselves and the rest of the world in the technology field, in order to remain the world's leader in business, finance and science. perhaps even with such a push we could discover cold fusion technology or something else spectacular, like the cure for cancer.

Science and Math is no good if you can't kick everyone else's asses. :)

More defense spending! :) Start by giving Civil Service ppl pay raises...10% at least :)

NATO AIR said:
extreme left wing? :cry:

its all good though. i would love to see a third party actually truly develop into a viable platform.

it would need bold vision and the promise of a truly stronger america (in so many ways)

my contribution would be the rapid restructuring of the education system in order to put America back on top of world rankings in science and math. In addition, increase the government's R&D budget by 10x. We need to get way ahead of ourselves and the rest of the world in the technology field, in order to remain the world's leader in business, finance and science. perhaps even with such a push we could discover cold fusion technology or something else spectacular, like the cure for cancer.

Being in the extreme left wing of a moderate party would make you pretty reasonable over all. Anotherthing I would like to see as a plank in that party's platform (besides education reform and additional research) is a real energy policy that diminishes our dependence on foriegn sources and fosters new and innovative technologies for energy production and distribution. Obviously, I would like a strong stance on the military posture of the US.

we need to expose to the american people the reality that too many of our important systems (education, energy, business development) were truly built in the 50's and haven't been upgraded significantly since. that is a travesty, we need 21st century technology and systems to be stronger and more prosperous.

i propose increasing the army by 200,000 troops indefinitely. this could/would be offset partially by the replacement of certain military positions in the homeland with civilians.

(that's good for about 50,000 more jobs for america)

NATO AIR said:
we need to expose to the american people the reality that too many of our important systems (education, energy, business development) were truly built in the 50's and haven't been upgraded significantly since. that is a travesty, we need 21st century technology and systems to be stronger and more prosperous.

i propose increasing the army by 200,000 troops indefinitely. this could/would be offset partially by the replacement of certain military positions in the homeland with civilians.

Good point. How can we expect to maintain the leading edge with 50's technology and methods?

NATO AIR said:

Not opposed to adding more military, however those 50,000 more jobs for america would be supported by the US tax payer, so no net gain to the economy.

CSM said:
a real energy policy that diminishes our dependence on foriegn sources.

I propose the construction of hundreds of new nuclear power plants and the creation of a vast network of mag-lev trains connecting all of our major metropolitan areas initially for inter-city freight transportation and eventually expanded for mass public transportation between major cities. This will go a long way toward reducing our need for oil. By the time we're done building it, there probably won't be anymore oil anyways.

Put the mag-lev train in a vacumn tube and we could accelerate them faster than sound for longer, cross-country trips and not worry about sonic booms.

Zhukov said:
I propose the construction of hundreds of new nuclear power plants and the creation of a vast network of mag-lev trains connecting all of our major metropolitan areas initially for inter-city freight transportation and eventually expanded for mass public transportation between major cities. This will go a long way toward reducing our need for oil. By the time we're done building it, there probably won't be anymore oil anyways.

Put the mag-lev train in a vacumn tube and we could accelerate them faster than sound for longer, cross-country trips and not worry about sonic booms.

Not a bad idea, but the average US citizen has a love affair with their car so we need to figure out how to power the stupid things without needing gasoline (or at least not so much) and yet maintain the horsepower us Americans love so much.

isn't GM or Ford already working on that? i thought toyota had made considerable progress as well... i'm not very well-versed in the area of science though so i could be wrong

Forum List

Back