3rd 'new' Star Trek movie confirmed

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Reading around for other things atm, but this headline caught my eye promptly a login even though busy elsewhere. :)

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/30/8867719/star-trek-beyond-movie-name-release-date

"Director Justin Lin confirmed on Twitter last night that the third installment of the Star Trek series will be called Star Trek Beyond. The announcement includes a picture of the franchise's now familiar delta shield on a retro sleeve patch that takes you right back to the '60s. The film, now in production in Vancouver, will feature the return of Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, and Idris Elba.

The title echoes Lin's earlier statement that the new film won't borrow much from the original television show. "It's all new and fresh," Lin told Deadline Hollywood earlier this month. "The Klingons, Romulans, and other species are great, but it's time to go further. It has been fun to focus on creating whole new worlds and species."

Let the next Starfleet voyage begin! #StarTrekBeyond #LLAP pic.twitter.com/VZh9YvJgqA
— Justin Lin (@trailingjohnson) June 29, 2015

Paramount has Star Trek Beyond scheduled for a July 8th, 2016 release, two months to the day before the franchise's 50th anniversary on September 8th."

Maybe old news to some, but news to me and presumedly others. Warp speed if you please Mr. Scott. :)

oh sheees scotty is dead--------I cannot bear to see a star trek movie without him-------I wonder how spock
is doing ------and "number ONE" --------and our darling dear DATA

Shame that somehow putting millions of people to work and going after the resources of our solar system will hurt global economic expansion. I'm laughing...lol...

Yes, mr.scott, warp speed!!!! Because that is what we should do.

Reading around for other things atm, but this headline caught my eye promptly a login even though busy elsewhere. :)

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/30/8867719/star-trek-beyond-movie-name-release-date

"Director Justin Lin confirmed on Twitter last night that the third installment of the Star Trek series will be called Star Trek Beyond. The announcement includes a picture of the franchise's now familiar delta shield on a retro sleeve patch that takes you right back to the '60s. The film, now in production in Vancouver, will feature the return of Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, and Idris Elba.

The title echoes Lin's earlier statement that the new film won't borrow much from the original television show. "It's all new and fresh," Lin told Deadline Hollywood earlier this month. "The Klingons, Romulans, and other species are great, but it's time to go further. It has been fun to focus on creating whole new worlds and species."

Let the next Starfleet voyage begin! #StarTrekBeyond #LLAP pic.twitter.com/VZh9YvJgqA

Paramount has Star Trek Beyond scheduled for a July 8th, 2016 release, two months to the day before the franchise's 50th anniversary on September 8th."

Maybe old news to some, but news to me and presumedly others. Warp speed if you please Mr. Scott. :)
who cares....abrams and co. destroyed the franchise....now its just a space movie.....

Shame that somehow putting millions of people to work and going after the resources of our solar system will hurt global economic expansion. I'm laughing...lol...

Yes, mr.scott, warp speed!!!! Because that is what we should do.

scotty is dead--------maybe he can be transported from ----BEYOND

Star Trek Beyond is officially the next Star Trek movie

who cares....abrams and co. destroyed the franchise....now its just a space movie.....

I liked the 'alt history' aspect. Thinking destroying Vulcan went a bit too far but eh. :)

I liked the 'alt history' aspect. Thinking destroying Vulcan went a bit too far but eh. :)

!!!!! they <sob> destroy Vulcan???? spock's cute mom and dad too?? <sob>
I ain't gonna see that travesty

!!!!! they <sob> destroy Vulcan???? spock's cute mom and dad too?? <sob>
I ain't gonna see that travesty

:)

there was no need to do an alternate history ....its just abrams and co. wanting to make star trek their little thing and screw the 50 years of history the franchise has.....all they had to do was go back to day 1 when kirk took over the enterprise and go from there.....

I loved the first two. I will be at the theatre when it opens. :)

They announced this a few months ago, the title. The fact that there was a third one coming was known for quite some time. A fourth has been announced for 2019.

there was no need to do an alternate history ....its just abrams and co. wanting to make star trek their little thing and screw the 50 years of history the franchise has.....all they had to do was go back to day 1 when kirk took over the enterprise and go from there.....

I tend to agree with this sentiment, but it does not preclude me from enjoying what Abrams has done with the franchise. His choice to slightly tweak the timeline was well done and certainly done in the spirit of the original series. IMO.

I tend to agree with this sentiment, but it does not preclude me from enjoying what Abrams has done with the franchise. His choice to slightly tweak the timeline was well done and certainly done in the spirit of the original series. IMO.
slightly tweak the timeline?....i think it was more than a tweak mick....

slightly tweak the timeline?....i think it was more than a tweak mick....

Everybody wound up where they should...

Forum List

Back