3d printer "prints" working human organs in 3d

R

rdean

First commercial 3-D bio-printer makes human tissue and organs | R&D Mag

”Scientists and engineers can use the 3-D bio printers to enable placing cells of almost any type into a desired pattern in 3-D,” said Murphy. “Researchers can place liver cells on a preformed scaffold, support kidney cells with a co-printed scaffold, or form adjacent layers of epithelial and stromal soft tissue that grow into a mature tooth. Ultimately the idea would be for surgeons to have tissue on demand for various uses, and the best way to do that is get a number of bio-printers into the hands of researchers and give them the ability to make three dimensional tissues on demand.”

-------------------------

Designing insectlike microids | R&D Mag

Designing insectlike microids

microidsx250.jpg

------------------------

Ain't science grand? This is why we need to invest in education. You won't develop these in a garage. Could you imagine getting a new organ that didn't come from someone else dying?

Yep cool stuff. We design it and China builds em.

Not always. The company I work for tried to get a particular machine built in China, but the quality was so poor, they moved it back here to Chicago. Not only was the manufacturing quality poor, but even their stainless steel "rusted".

Yep cool stuff. We design it and China builds em.

Not always. The company I work for tried to get a particular machine built in China, but the quality was so poor, they moved it back here to Chicago. Not only was the manufacturing quality poor, but even their stainless steel "rusted".

Tiawan then maybe?

Japan used to have that rep of poor quality at first as well.
China is improving rapidly on quality.

I saw this a few years back in academia...cool that's it's finally made its way to industry.

Forum List

Back