39 Years Ago Today

Did you happen to notice the title of this thread, Aristotle?
You know, the one about the Yom Kippur War?
Hindus would seem like unqualified authorities, not unlike Winnie the Racist and morality.

I don't really see the problem with Arabs spending two years in Palestine in order to qualify for refugee status, since European Jews qualified for Arab land after spending two minutes in Palestine.

Possibly there's a Community College in your area with some logic classes that would be useful to you?

You are confused, Princess. Jews qualify for citizenship in Israel.
Perhaps a community college course could offer you some help with geography.
BTW, the fact that only two years residency (or for that matter, only two minutes) was required isn't really the point but rather that those "refugees" weren't necessarily "Palestinians" for centuries.
Context, Princess, is everything. :D

Hindus would seem like unqualified authorities, not unlike Winnie the Racist and morality.

I don't really see the problem with Arabs spending two years in Palestine in order to qualify for refugee status, since European Jews qualified for Arab land after spending two minutes in Palestine.

Possibly there's a Community College in your area with some logic classes that would be useful to you?
Why, Socrates, I wonder if you were out with those Pakistani Americans in your town who were protesting what happened to the young girl. After all, they would have appreciated a good "humanitarian" like you giving them a hand. And besides, all the Muslims had to do is move over from India and qualify for citizenship in the country of Pakistan, displacing all those Hindus whose families had lived there for thousands of years. So sorry that you don't want mentioned what is happening to other people in this world since it doesn't serve your purposes (if it doesn't involve the Jews). I can see that Georgie didn't like Churchill getting reports from the British officials in the area about the hordes of Arabs coming for jobs the Jews had for them. After all, Georgie wants us to think that these Arabs were in the areas for thousands of years and those "lousy Jews" kicked them out. Georgie doesn't even need any government official telling him about the population change in his own city. All he has to do is open his eyes to see all the people who came here for jobs.

"In the present Israeli Arab conflict the news media mostly represent the Arabs as the aggressors. Recalling that the Vatican has not recognised Israel, and the Pope's frequent expression of sorrow at the plight of the Palestinian refugees, we Christians should strive to be as objective as His Holiness and consider a few facts of the war:
— Egypt and Syria. in attempting to regain possession of their lands occupied by Israel, can hardly be called aggressors.

"2 — Israel in refusing to obey Resolution 242 of November 1967 of the U.N. which demanded she withdraw from territories occupied after the June war, provoked this attack."

Arb-israel Aggression - from the Catholic Herald Archive

You seem sadly lacking in objectivity, Christian.

Quote: Originally Posted by georgephillip

BTW, the fact that only two years residency (or for that matter, only two minutes) was required isn't really the point but rather that those "refugees" weren't necessarily "Palestinians" for centuries.
Context, Princess, is everything.

What's the difference between "citizenship" and "nationality" in Israel?
Is it dependent on "context" or religion or ethnicity?
In your case, ignorance is everything.

The nationality of all of Israel's citizens is ... drum roll, please ... Israeli.
Perhaps it is you who needs that logic course, Princess.

"In the present Israeli Arab conflict the news media mostly represent the Arabs as the aggressors. Recalling that the Vatican has not recognised Israel, and the Pope's frequent expression of sorrow at the plight of the Palestinian refugees, we Christians should strive to be as objective as His Holiness and consider a few facts of the war:
— Egypt and Syria. in attempting to regain possession of their lands occupied by Israel, can hardly be called aggressors.

"2 — Israel in refusing to obey Resolution 242 of November 1967 of the U.N. which demanded she withdraw from territories occupied after the June war, provoked this attack."

A lame opinion piece from someone named George Richardson. For all I know you are George Richardson.
Should I be impressed?
Should anyone?

The nationality of all of Israel's citizens is ... drum roll, please ... Israeli.
Stick to the NFL.

"Israel refused to recognize an Israeli nationality at the country's establishment in 1948, making an unusual distinction between 'citizenship' and 'nationality.' Although all Israelis qualify as 'citizens of Israel,' the state is defined as belonging to the 'Jewish nation,' meaning not only the 5.6 million Israeli Jews but also more than seven million Jews in the diaspora.

"Critics say the special status of Jewish nationality has been a way to undermine the citizenship rights of non-Jews in Israel, especially the fifth of the population who are Arab. Some 30 laws in Israel specifically privilege Jews, including in the areas of immigration rights, naturalization, access to land and employment."

Are you clear on the distinction between "state" and "nation"?

Jonathan Cook, "'Israeli Nation' vs. 'Jewish State'"

A lame opinion piece from someone named George Richardson. For all I know you are George Richardson.
Should I be impressed?
Should anyone?
Which only proves one more time how stupidity or ignorance prevents you from responding to content.
Congratulations.

Stick to the NFL.

"Israel refused to recognize an Israeli nationality at the country's establishment in 1948, making an unusual distinction between 'citizenship' and 'nationality.' Although all Israelis qualify as 'citizens of Israel,' the state is defined as belonging to the 'Jewish nation,' meaning not only the 5.6 million Israeli Jews but also more than seven million Jews in the diaspora.

"Critics say the special status of Jewish nationality has been a way to undermine the citizenship rights of non-Jews in Israel, especially the fifth of the population who are Arab. Some 30 laws in Israel specifically privilege Jews, including in the areas of immigration rights, naturalization, access to land and employment."

Sure, Princess.
According to the tortured logic of you and Cook, Israel's citizens are not Israelis.
I get it now.
:lol::lol::lol:

Should I be impressed?
Should anyone?
Which only proves one more time how stupidity or ignorance prevents you from responding to content.
Congratulations.

His and your opinion may be important to you but neither of you are important to me, Princess. :D

Stick to the NFL.

Sure, Princess.
According to the tortured logic of you and Cook, Israel's citizens are not Israelis.
I get it now.
I doubt it.
Prove me wrong by answering this question:

"What kind of Democracy divides its citizens into two kinds?"

"Uri Avnery, a peace activist and former member of the parliament, said the current nationality system gave Jews living abroad a far greater stake in Israel than its 1.3 million Arab citizens.

"The State of Israel cannot recognize an 'Israeli' nation because it is the state of the 'Jewish' nation . . . it belongs to the Jews of Brooklyn, Budapest and Buenos Aires, even though these consider themselves as belonging to the American, Hungarian or Argentine nations."

Why does the Jewish State refuse to recognize an Israeli nationality?

Jonathan Cook is a professional propagandaist on the level of Geobbels you have cited a good example of his absurd sophistry

Stick to the NFL.

Sure, Princess.
I get it now.
I doubt it.

"Uri Avnery, a peace activist and former member of the parliament, said the current nationality system gave Jews living abroad a far greater stake in Israel than its 1.3 million Arab citizens.

"The State of Israel cannot recognize an 'Israeli' nation because it is the state of the 'Jewish' nation . . . it belongs to the Jews of Brooklyn, Budapest and Buenos Aires, even though these consider themselves as belonging to the American, Hungarian or Argentine nations."

"A nation may refer to a community of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history. In this definition, a nation has no physical borders.
However, it can also refer to people who share a common territory and government (for example the inhabitants of a sovereign state) irrespective of their ethnic make-up."
Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In this case, Cook is using the two meanings interchageably in order to express his hate for Israel and for Jews.
Bogus yet soooooo typical.
Citizens of any country (nation) are by definition of that nationality ... no state recognition of that fact is required!

Jonathan Cook is a professional propagandaist on the level of Geobbels you have cited a good example of his absurd sophistry
So why does the Jewish State refuse to recognize an Israeli nationality?
Kosher Pride?

I am not aware of this "REFUSAL" I do not even know how to say "ISRAELI NATIONALITY" in hebrew Does the USA recognize a "UNITED STATES NATIONALITY"??? I have no doubt that France recognizes a "FRENCH" nationality----but I am not sure it does so on some OFFICIAL DOCUMENT OF FRENCH NATIONALITY RECOGNITION what is 'kosher pride" I do know that Jews ---everywhere recognized a "PALESTINIAN" nationality for more than 1500 years------the "PALESTINIAN" nationality ----which was recognized thru USAGE in books and other writings and spoken language referred to JEWS LIVING IN PALESTINE or "eretz yisrael". The British recognized it, too. before 1948

how do we refer to the UNITED STATES NATIONALITY? united statesian? Obviously "american" is not a good choice -----since so many countries are part of the americas

I cannot wait to read some more of your sophistry-------it reminds me of islamic jurisprudence as in the issue of EDICT OF TAKFIR -----making rape by the west pakistani soldiers of the east pakistani women----LEGAL

So why does the Jewish State refuse to recognize an Israeli nationality?
Kosher Pride?

I am not aware of this "REFUSAL" I do not even know how to say "ISRAELI NATIONALITY" in hebrew Does the USA recognize a "UNITED STATES NATIONALITY"???

Precisely. The subject matter is bogus. Just an excuse for the Nazi types to whine about the Joooos.

give Georgie a chance------I am sure he can cite many many NATIONAL DOCUMENTS of------THE LAW OF NATIONALITY ------probably for every country in the world be patient say-it
over to you, georgie

Stick to the NFL.

Oh how nice, we get to hear from Jonathan Cook, who lives with his Palestinian wife in where is it, Georgie, Gaza or the West Bank? No doubt Jonathon Cook has no problem with Muslim countries being Muslims even though there are people of other religions living in these countries also.

Sure, Princess.
I get it now.
I doubt it.

"A nation may refer to a community of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history. In this definition, a nation has no physical borders.
However, it can also refer to people who share a common territory and government (for example the inhabitants of a sovereign state) irrespective of their ethnic make-up."
Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In this case, Cook is using the two meanings interchageably in order to express his hate for Israel and for Jews.
Bogus yet soooooo typical.
Citizens of any country (nation) are by definition of that nationality ... no state recognition of that fact is required!
True or False:

The Jewish State belongs to the Jewish nation, including the Jews of the diaspora.

In other words:

Forum List

Back