375,000 people lose their uneployment benefits each week.

Republicans are truly heartless. An end to unemployment benefits is an end to a respectable life for millions. Unemployment benefits should extend until suitable employment is found. :clap2:
Where do you propose we get the money, dumbass?

From the companies that laid the worker off to save a buck, the gilded pockets of the wealthy, from cuts in our defense- the money is there, Ebenezer. You just have to care. :cuckoo:

Republicans are truly heartless. An end to unemployment benefits is an end to a respectable life for millions. Unemployment benefits should extend until suitable employment is found. :clap2:
Where do you propose we get the money, dumbass?

From the companies that laid the worker off to save a buck, the gilded pockets of the wealthy, from cuts in our defense- the money is there, Ebenezer. You just have to care. :cuckoo:
The people I laid off were laid off to keep my doors open and to keep you from having to pay $30 for a babyback dinner or $10 or a sandwich.
Ask our "wealthy" owner how that re-fi is going for him, or our one location that had to close last month.
Is my location next?
Maybe my 20 employees will get UEC and that could stimulate my restaurant back in to business
:eusa_pray: Pelosi :eusa_pray:

Blaming the Republicans when you have a near super Majority and played politics with the extension bill is banking on Americans being complete idiots. People know you could have passed it if you wanted to. After all all your talking heads are telling us the Republicans are powerless to stop financial Reform or Judaical Appointments. Yet they want us to actually believe the republican Filibuster is why we don't have any more unemployment benefits, and ignore the fact we would not need them if the Democrat Economic plan was not such an utter failure.

You are damn right we vote. I am one of those who has ran out of benefits and still can not find a full time job that is capable of supporting my family, and I am sure as hell going to vote.

Can you guess who for?

LOL

Unemployment for those with a college degree or better is under 5 percent. The unemployed better upgrade skills or they will permanently be left behind.

Only losers should worry about unemployment. But your faux outrage is cute.

oh gee, unemployment might be a benifit we <gasp> pay for, and thus are entitiled to?

say it ain't so Editec

they've just gotta be lazy Americans who don't wanna do dirty jobs here

~S~

oh gee, unemployment might be a benifit we <gasp> pay for, and thus are entitiled to?

say it ain't so Editec

~S~

We are not entitled to much. But as to what workers pay for that was 16 weeks as I recall. What are we up to now? A hell of a lot longer and all that money comes from the Federal Government and business that can ill afford it.

your priorities are skewed Sarge

we should be taking care of our own first, well before trying to save the rest of the world>>>>>>

McGovern and Pingree on Afghanistan make it clear it’s guns or butter | The Seminal

We’re going bankrupt, we can’t extend unemployment insurance, but when it comes to Karzai, we’re a bottomless pit.

see, it's no longer Guns AND Butter here

we're going bankrupt inch by inch

so now it's Guns OR Butter

~S~

say it ain't so Editec

~S~

We are not entitled to much. But as to what workers pay for that was 16 weeks as I recall. What are we up to now? A hell of a lot longer and all that money comes from the Federal Government and business that can ill afford it.

That money comes from the Federal Government and business to pay for your retirement benefits we can ill afford, too.

But you earned it.

It's part of the social contract that you signed onto, so you deserve it.

And employees earned their unemployment benefits, too. They paid for it (indirectly, of course) with lower wages..JUST as YOU did in order to get that GOLDEN PARACHUTE you're currently floating on.

Now if the government decides that you deserve even better benefits, are you going to tell us you won't take them?

Will you REFUSE your NEXT pay increase because of your deeply held concern for the deficiet?

I don't think you will, mate.

I think you'll cash that check and say TO HELL with the US taxpayer.

Won't you?

we should be taking care of our own first, well before trying to save the rest of the world>>>>>>

McGovern and Pingree on Afghanistan make it clear it’s guns or butter | The Seminal

We’re going bankrupt, we can’t extend unemployment insurance, but when it comes to Karzai, we’re a bottomless pit.

~S~

Whether you like it or not the Federal Government has sole authority to wage war ANYTIME it wants. It does not have the authority to pay the unemployed to not work.

Claiming that the unemployed PAID for the unemployment check is a bald faced lie. They paid for 16 weeks, the Federal Government has extended that way past 16 weeks, the worker did NOT pay for that.

We the tax paying public are paying for that.

say it ain't so Editec

~S~

That money comes from the Federal Government and business to pay for your retirement benefits we can ill afford, too.

But you earned it.

It's part of the social contract that you signed onto, so you deserve it.

And employees earned their unemployment benefits, too. They paid for it (indirectly, of course) with lower wages..JUST as YOU did in order to get that GOLDEN PARACHUTE you're currently floating on.

Now if the government decides that you deserve even better benefits, are you going to tell us you won't take them?

Will you REFUSE your NEXT pay increase because of you deeply held concern for the deficiet?

I don't think you will, mate.

I think you'll cash that check and say TO HELL with the US taxpayer.

Won't you?

WRONG AS USUAL. the unemployment payment is ONLY funded to 16 weeks, everything after it is simply the Government tacking on. Claiming otherwise is a straight up lie.

McGovern and Pingree on Afghanistan make it clear it&#8217;s guns or butter | The Seminal

We&#8217;re going bankrupt, we can&#8217;t extend unemployment insurance, but when it comes to Karzai, we&#8217;re a bottomless pit.

~S~

For most people (myself included, incidently) it's really a question of WHOSE BUTTER gets cut off.

Now for those Americans who are in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM, riding on the US government gravy train, I am very sympathetic when THEY complain.

But when people whose careers were IN GOVERNMENT complain that other people are riding that train?

Well...that is bit much.

Claiming that the unemployed PAID for the unemployment check is a bald faced lie.

methinks you'll find the devil in the details of your paystub there Sarge....

~S~

~S~

For most people (myself included, incidently) it's really a question of WHOSE BUTTER gets cut off.

Now for those Americans who are in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM, riding on the US government gravy train, I am very sympathetic when THEY complain.

But when people whose careers were IN GOVERNMENT complain that other people are riding that train?

Well...that is bit much.

Ya cause I don't pay taxes, you fucking dumb ass. The Government has no business PAYING people not to work.

Those people needs skills upgrades, theta won't be getting real jobs without them. Everyday more lower level jobs go overseas, degreed peoples unemployment is under 5 percent

Forum List

Back