37 Examples Of Real College Courses That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

My question is: who in the hell is paying for these? Vampires. Zombies. Hooking up.

#1 MCL 135: Vampires: Evolution of a Sexy Monster (University of Kentucky)

#2 HIST 336: Saints, Witches, and Madwomen (University of Nebraska)

#3 WOMGEN 1225: Leaning In, Hooking Up (Harvard University)

#4 SOAN 261: Campus Sex in the Digital Age (Washington & Lee University)

#5 GSWS 434: The Politics of Ugly (University of Pennsylvania)

#6 AMS 398: FAT: The F-Word and the Public Body (Princeton University)

#7 GWS 462: Hip Hop Feminism (University of Illinois)

#8 GWS 255: Queer Lives, Queer Politics (University of Illinois)

#9 SOC 388: Marriage in the Age of Trump (Davidson College)

#10 HISTORY 330-0: Medieval Sexuality (Northwestern University)

#11 AI 318: Zombies: Modern Myths, Race, and Capitalism (DePaul University)

#12 SOCI 332: Alternative Genders (Texas A&M University)

#13 AMCULT 103: Drag in America (University of Michigan)

#14 AMCULT 334: Race, Gender, Sexuality and U.S. Culture in Video Games (University of Michigan)

#15 AMCULT 411: Rednecks, Queers, and Country Music (University of Michigan)

#16 WGS 255: Deconstructing the Diva (DePaul University)

#17 GLBT 3404: Transnational Sexualities (University of Minnesota)

#18 GSFS 0208: Unruly Bodies: Black Womanhood in Popular Culture (Middlebury College)

#19 MC 2002: Media, Sport and Culture: Amplifying the Sporting-Ism (Louisiana State University)

#20 THEO 025: The Bible and Horror (Georgetown University)

#21 SOAS 3500: Queerness in South Asian Literature and Cinema (University of Iowa)

#22 AADS 2204: Black Women and the Politics of Blackness and Beauty (Vanderbilt University)

#23 AFR 334: Radical Theories of Political Struggle: Anti-Black Racism and the Obama Administration (Williams College)

#24 COLT 0510F: Fidel Castro and Che Guevara, The Men and the Myths (Brown University)

#25 HIST 379: Queering Colonialism (Washington & Lee University)

#26 AMST 274: Rainbow Cowboys (and Girls): Gender, Race, Class, and Sexuality in Westerns (Wellesley College)

#27 AFA 4430: Black Lives Matter (University of Florida)

#28 RELI GU 4355: The African American Prophetic Political Tradition from David Walker to Barack Obama (Columbia University)

#29 RELG 032: Queering God: Feminist and Queer Theology (Swarthmore College)

#30 RELG 033: Queering the Bible (Swarthmore College)

#31 ENVS 042: Ecofeminism (Swarthmore College)

#32 FRSEMR 61D: Trying Socrates in the Age of Trump (Harvard University)

#33 GSWS 2219: Deconstructing Masculinities (Bowdoin College)

#34 GSFS 0325: American Misogyny (Middlebury College)

#35 BLSTU 3850: Gender, Hip Hop, and the Politics of Representation (University of Missouri)

#36 AAS 301: Black to the Future: Science, Fiction, and Society (Princeton University)

#37 SOC 105: Race, Religion, & Donald Trump (Davidson College)

And the article follows up with 2 more ignorant courses @ Vampires, Zombies And 'Hooking Up': 37 Examples Of Real College Courses That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

So you're condemning entire courses as "ignorant' ---- based on nothing but their titles huh?

Nothing like a good dollop of :lalala:

That ought to serve you well in you daily thread flooding..
Oopsie.
Educate us then. Pick one course and tell us why it is important.

I don't know what's "important" in there at all, but nor do I know they're "ignorant" or "crazy" based on nothing but a title. For that matter I don't even have any reliable info that any of these courses EXIST. The OP provided no links to any course descriptions, nor does his link. We have nothing to go on but hearsay from some unknown website that could be anything.

Maybe that''s sufficient for you to run with. I have higher standards.

I know it's too difficult for you to understand, but there is enough information in every single course so YOU can determine its content.

Example: #30 RELG 033: Queering the Bible (Swarthmore College)

Go to Swathmore College @ Swarthmore Home :: Swarthmore College

Do a search for RELG 033

And you get this:

RELG 033. Queering the Bible - Acalog ACMS™
RELG 033. Queering the Bible. This course surveys queer and trans* readings of biblical texts. It introduces students to the complexity of constructions of sex, gender, and identity in one of the most influential literary works produced in ancient times. By reading the Bible with the methods of queer and trans* theoretical ...
catalog.swarthmore.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=7...

Where you can link to further information.

Now, I understand that's a bit much for a Dainty Little Flower like you so I'll accept that your response is based upon dislike of the factual information I post.

My question is: who in the hell is paying for these? Vampires. Zombies. Hooking up.

#14 AMCULT 334: Race, Gender, Sexuality and U.S. Culture in Video Games (University of Michigan)

#18 GSFS 0208: Unruly Bodies: Black Womanhood in Popular Culture (Middlebury College)

#19 MC 2002: Media, Sport and Culture: Amplifying the Sporting-Ism (Louisiana State University)

#21 SOAS 3500: Queerness in South Asian Literature and Cinema (University of Iowa)

#22 AADS 2204: Black Women and the Politics of Blackness and Beauty (Vanderbilt University)

#23 AFR 334: Radical Theories of Political Struggle: Anti-Black Racism and the Obama Administration (Williams College)

#24 COLT 0510F: Fidel Castro and Che Guevara, The Men and the Myths (Brown University)

#26 AMST 274: Rainbow Cowboys (and Girls): Gender, Race, Class, and Sexuality in Westerns (Wellesley College)

#28 RELI GU 4355: The African American Prophetic Political Tradition from David Walker to Barack Obama (Columbia University)

#35 BLSTU 3850: Gender, Hip Hop, and the Politics of Representation (University of Missouri)

#36 AAS 301: Black to the Future: Science, Fiction, and Society (Princeton University)

And the article follows up with 2 more ignorant courses @ Vampires, Zombies And 'Hooking Up': 37 Examples Of Real College Courses That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

So you're condemning entire courses as "ignorant' ---- based on nothing but their titles huh?

Oopsie.

Those two men, their actions and effects of their actions played a huge part in the cold war, and almost brought the world to the brink of WWIII. They changed the dynamic of our hemisphere, sphere of influence and built a government, depsite our best efforts that lasts today. Their rise contains lessons in economics, the cold war, foreign relations, soviet communism, not to mention are great case studies in effective revolutions.

"Che Guevara and Fidel Castro are among the twentieth century’s most iconic figures, thanks to their roles in the Cuban Revolution and in anti-imperialist struggles across the globe. They are also among the most divisive, eliciting passionate disapproval among some and strong admiration among others. In this seminar, we will read Guevara and Castro’s speeches and writings alongside literary, visual and cinematic representations of them, paying particular attention to the ways in which their lives and deaths have generated distinct interpretations, in Cuba and beyond. Open only to first-year students. FYS"

Courses @ Brown

Now insert Robert E Lee.
Now insert Adolf Hitler.

You lefties freak out over a statue of Lee let alone students learning about him.

I think there is a little difference between learning about history and errecting statues and monuments to Generals from enemies who killed thousands of Americans. Maybe in the same gardens we errect Robert E Lee statues, we can erect one honoring Rommel or Tojo. I like my heros American. Not traiterous, American murdering, terrorist scumbags, which is exactly what Lee, Jefferson Davis and the so-called Confederacy was. Thaddeus Stephens was right. Lincoln was too light on those traitors.

Some of the courses look pretty interesting but I highly doubt they all exist and not even sure if some of them existed at one time.
Wingers like making shit up.
Be that as it may, unless a student looks deeper than the class title - then they should avoid college and flip burgers.

All YOU have to do is conduct a search like I did!

Some of the courses look pretty interesting but I highly doubt they all exist and not even sure if some of them existed at one time.
Be that as it may, unless a student looks deeper than the class title - then they should avoid college and flip burgers.

I did - the top result is Alex Jones' INFO-FUCKING-WARS

thumb_COLOURBOX10196509.jpg

Denial is just typical leftist head in the sand BS.

They exist. I picked a few, did a search and bingo, there they are.

Denial is just typical leftist head in the sand BS.

They exist. I picked a few, did a search and bingo, there they are.
Maybe the left need to take a course on how to use internet search engines.

As opposed to actual classes:

CHML 305. Chemical Engineering Principles II. 3 Credits.

Theory and practice of heat transfer. Fundamentals of conduction and convection, with application to design of heat transfer equipment and systems. Three lectures. Fall. Prerequisite: CHML 207, CHML 208, MATH 286.

CHML 306. Separation Process Design I. 3 Credits.

A study of the principles of mass transfer operations. Application to the design of stagewise and continuous separation processes with emphasis on absorption and distillation, and equilibrium stage operations. Three lectures. Fall. Prerequisites:CHML 209, MATH 286.

CHML 316. Computer Simulation and Design. 3 Credits.

Use of modern simulation software to solve problems arising in chemical engineering processes and unit operations with an emphasis on material and energy balances and equipment specification. Pre-requisites: CHML 209,CHML 305, CHML 306, ENGS 116. Corequisite: CHML 321.

CHML 321. Chemical Reaction Engineering. 3 Credits.

A review of reaction rate theories, rate equations, reaction order, and reaction velocity constraints. Development of equations for batch, tank flow, and tubular flow reactors. Application of equations to engineering processes. Design of fixed and fluid bed reactors. Three lectures. Spring. Prerequisites: CHEM 310,CHML 209, MATH 286.

Oopsie.

I don't know what's "important" in there at all, but nor do I know they're "ignorant" or "crazy" based on nothing but a title. For that matter I don't even have any reliable info that any of these courses EXIST. The OP provided no links to any course descriptions, nor does his link. We have nothing to go on but hearsay from some unknown website that could be anything.

Maybe that''s sufficient for you to run with. I have higher standards.

I know it's too difficult for you to understand, but there is enough information in every single course so YOU can determine its content.

Example: #30 RELG 033: Queering the Bible (Swarthmore College)

Go to Swathmore College @ Swarthmore Home :: Swarthmore College

Do a search for RELG 033

And you get this:

RELG 033. Queering the Bible - Acalog ACMS™
RELG 033. Queering the Bible. This course surveys queer and trans* readings of biblical texts. It introduces students to the complexity of constructions of sex, gender, and identity in one of the most influential literary works produced in ancient times. By reading the Bible with the methods of queer and trans* theoretical ...
catalog.swarthmore.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=7...

Where you can link to further information.

Now, I understand that's a bit much for a Dainty Little Flower like you so I'll accept that your response is based upon dislike of the factual information I post.
:banghead: DOOD.

I don't fucking ***NEED*** to do a search on Swarthmore College. YOU DO. This is YOUR ass-ertion. It ain't my job to look up your shit for you, it has never been my job to look up your shit for you, and it NEVER WILL be my job to look up your shit for you. Get up off your lazy ass and do your own research.

Understand??

Forum List

Back