37% and sinking

nakedemperor said:
I mean I had to come back and report on this, because what's more fun that darting behind enemy lines to start a thread about how poorly America thinks they're doing? :dev1:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/14/bush.poll/index.html

So; sinking like a stone, or about to turn it all around?
-Reagan: 35% late January, 1983.
One of the best Presidents we’ve had. That tells should tell ya about approval polls and how they are conducted, IMO.

Lets move on to the next Liberal “The sky is falling” tactic, shall we, this poll shit is getting old, along with the other drum beats.

latest poll i saw was 38% which was up two points.

Does it really matter? Bush isnt running again.

nakedemperor said:
I mean I had to come back and report on this, because what's more fun that darting behind enemy lines to start a thread about how poorly America thinks they're doing? :dev1:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/14/bush.poll/index.html

So; sinking like a stone, or about to turn it all around?

Hey you guys will finally get your wish next presidential election. George W. Bush will not be elected. It took 8 years of wishing and hoping but finally your dream of GWB being out of office will be fulfilled. Of course, JEB might be taking that spot. Itll be Bush all over again. lol

I think what is amazing is that Democrats fail to realize something.

This poll includes Conservative who want more of the Conservative agenda pushed through. Not just Democrats opposing the President for no reason. And those conservatives will triumph and when they do the poll numbers will be back up.

insein said:
Hey you guys will finally get your wish next presidential election. George W. Bush will not be elected. It took 8 years of wishing and hoping but finally your dream of GWB being out of office will be fulfilled. Of course, JEB might be taking that spot. Itll be Bush all over again. lol

The biggest thing re: poor presidential approval ratings is how the nation feels about that president's party, especially in light of the Libby indictment, the Iraq War, Harriet Miers, etc. The cronyism rampant in the GOP will make it hard for stalwarts in the House and Senate to break rank with the White House when they'll need to in order to win back their seats. The governor positions, the struck down conservative props in Cali and in Washington, etc are all (I hope) the beginning of a larger snowball effect that will hopefully carry into the midterm elections of 2006.

I'll quote the movie Cable Guy and say, Red knight's goin' down. Down down down!

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/cgi-bin/hsrun.exe/Roperweb/PresJob/PresJob.htx;start=HS_index

Truman 22% 2/9-14/52, Gallup Poll
Nixon 23% 1/4-7/74, Gallup Poll
Carter 28% 6/29-7/2/79, Gallup Poll
Bush I 29% 7/31-8/2/92, Gallup Poll
Johnson 35% 8/7-12/68, Gallup Poll
Bush II 35% 10/30-11/1/05, CBS Poll
Reagan 35% 1/28-31/83, Gallup Poll
Clinton 36% 5/26-27/93, Yank/Time/CNN Poll
Ford 37% 1/10-13/75, Gallup Poll and 3/28-31/75,
Roosevelt 48% 8/18-24/39, Gallup Poll
Eisenhower 48% 3/27-4/1/58, Gallup Poll
Kennedy 56% 9/12-17/63, Gallup Poll

The ClayTaurus said:
Except Reagan crushed his opponent in the election, and Bush didn't.
Don't see a connection Clay..Reagans Numbers were lower..So he crushed his opponent...Hummm with that logic we can conclude, polls are in fact BS. :eek2:

But most of us know that anyway. :cheers2:

nakedemperor said:
The biggest thing re: poor presidential approval ratings is how the nation feels about that president's party, especially in light of the Libby indictment, the Iraq War, Harriet Miers, etc. The cronyism rampant in the GOP will make it hard for stalwarts in the House and Senate to break rank with the White House when they'll need to in order to win back their seats. The governor positions, the struck down conservative props in Cali and in Washington, etc are all (I hope) the beginning of a larger snowball effect that will hopefully carry into the midterm elections of 2006.

I'll quote the movie Cable Guy and say, Red knight's goin' down. Down down down!
The Libby indictment..... pffffffffffffffffffffffffft! Is that the best you can do? You mean you come around here to gloat about that?

I just read a good article in National Review about that. You know when Bill "I only lied about sex" Clinton was under investigation by Ken Starr, you heard nothing else but how Ken Starr was a stooge of the GOP, and how this person was trailer park trash and the invocation of executive privilege, attorney client privilege, mailman privilege and probably proctologist privilege. All because Clinton was stonewalling and obstructing an investigation into his affairs.

An investigation, by the way that resulted in Clinton's impeachment. Clinton was only the 2nd president in the history of our nation to get such an honor. And he came mighty close to being the first president to be convicted of a crime while in office, too.

Now, what have you heard coming out of the White House this time around? Nothing. This administration has cooperated with the investigation. And what did a two year investigation manage to come up with? That an aide to the vice president may have perjured himself about speaking to some reporters. That's it! And do you hear any of us on the right coming up with lines like "it was only about sex"? NO! If the guy lied under oath, he should go to jail.

Does that mean that Karl Rove is up to his eyebrows in this? No, Rove was not indicted (too bad, better luck next time!).

Now for the Iraq War, what is it with you people anyway? Are you going to start on "Bush Lied, People Died" BS? A bi-partisan investigation of pre-war intelligence showed beyond the shadow of any doubt that no intelligence was fudged. At this point the only people lying are the ones who say that Bush lied.

So on top of all of this, we should do... what? Elect a bunch of nitwits that have done absolutely nothing for the past several years but bitch, moan and hyperventilate about George W Bush. Bush stole the election, Bush didn't do enough to prevent 9/11, Bush lied about yellowcake, Bush lied about WMDs, Bush didn't work with the French, Bush had a tax cut for the rich, Bush is responsible for global warming, Bush is stupid, Bush can't pronounce "nuclear", Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush...... That's the party of the people for you, except they're not for the people, if any of those idiots on the Left came up with a constructive idea, it'd die of loneliness! The DNC has shown beyond the shadow of a doubt that it has no leadership in its midst.... period. They solve problems by spending more money, then when the consequences of their misguided policies come to fruition, they resort to what they do best (except for spending tax payer money) blame the Republicans.

P.S. By the way, you won't see any Republicans flocking into therapy over Bush's low approval ratings like your fellow milquetoasts did last year after Bush's election.

P.P.S. I daresay, that if Bush vetoed a few dozen spending bills (especially the ones with Senator Kennedy's name on them), held firm and made the tax cut bigger and permanent, firebombed a few cities in Iraq, and nominated a few justices like Robert Bork to the Supreme Court, Bush's approval rating would be over double what it is now.... and you can take that to the bank.

P.P.P.S and if the MSM tells you that the Earth is round, the sky is blue, and 1+1=2, then you'd better start believing in a flat earth, go out and look at the sky for yourself and start re-thinking the principles of arithmetic, 'cause if the MSM says it, it probably isn't true.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Yo NE.

Haven't seen ya about the area lately. Been out rabble rousing have you? Heh.

Anyway. Do you truly believe all that stuff about polls? Me, I think the only real polls normally occur in the second week of November. See, when you do sampling and extrapolate from a baseline, you lose accuracy unless your sampling base is huge, and diverse. But, the conundrum is that when you spike the base, it's obvious. Then you have to check the question itself.

Do you remember back in the eighties when you could walk in the mall? They give you a cracker and you drink soda. Then you eat a cracker and drink soda. Then they ask with an innocent smile. Did you like the Pepsi or the second drink? Your response becomes "4 out of 5 drinkers prefer Pepsi over coke".

Nope, your faith in polls is misplaced. I think 38% of America has determined that even if the road is tough, it's the road we need to travel. Check ya in November of next year.

a few quick points:

1. most of the polls lately have has more dems in their sampling then most polls should poll:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174523,00.html

Reasons for Ratings?

A new CBS poll (search) shows the president's job approval rating has hit an all time low of 35 percent and 68 percent of respondents tell CBS that the country is on the wrong track. CBS cites the Iraq war, the Libby indictment, and the response to Hurricane Katrina (search) as reasons for the decline, but the poll's weighted sample may be more telling.

Twenty-eight percent of those polled identified themselves as Republicans, compared to 35 percent who said they were Democrats. But CBS dropped the importance of Republican responses even further weighting the sample so that Republican responses counted for only 24 percent of the final results. Thirty-seven percent of voters in last year's election called themselves Republicans, while 37 percent said they were Democrats, and 26 percent called themselves Independents.

2. don't worry about polls. they don't mean shit

3. but if you do care about polls i'll say this: bush will be back over 60% by the time the one year anniversary of his swearing in for a second term probably sooner. something big is coming that will break his way. trust me.

Forum List

Back