36,000 Calorie Bloomberg Cupcake

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
ROFLMAO! A bakery in Greenwich Village is offering a 36,000 calorie cupcake with Mayor Bloomberg on top. I wonder if they sell 5 gallon buckets o Mt. Dew to go along with it.

One Greenwich Village bakery is leaving a bad taste in the mayor’s mouth.

The House of Cupcakes recently revealed its Mayor Bloomberg cupcake — a gut-busting confection with a frowning Bloomberg on top.

“Its got over 12 pounds of sugar, five pounds of butter, four pounds of flour, six cups of cocoa powder, 24 eggs, two cups of milk,” owner and cupcake creator Ron Bzdewk told WCBS 880′s Marla Diamond.

The 36,000 calorie behemoth is certainly not helping in the fight against obesity....

House Of Cupcakes Unveils 36,000 Calorie Bloomberg Cupcake « CBS New York

Obesity is a problem, but I've reached the conclusion that power has gone to Bloomberg's head in a big way. Someone who doesn't want to practice healthy habits is going to find a way to not do it. Rather than stopping with a 16 oz cola, they'll drink three or four 8 oz colas.

Healthy habits are something that need to be taught at home. Perhaps it would be better to find a way to educate parents. Maybe they could have to take nutrition classes before getting food stamps ... and maybe lots of items could be removed from the list of acceptable food stamp purchases - no chips, dips, sodas, etc. They would have to pay out of pocket for those items. They will find a way to pay out of pocket, but at least the government would not be totally supporting the purchase of non-nutritious foods and abetting the obesity problem.

:lol:

Last sentence in article: Bzdewk said he also sent smaller, sugar free cupcakes to City Hall that were met with a positive reaction.

A small piece of the 36,000 cal cupcake would better for one to eat than the sugar free cupcakes (assuming an artificial sweetener has been subbed for sugar).

I agree w/Granny's post.

Obesity is a problem, but I've reached the conclusion that power has gone to Bloomberg's head in a big way. Someone who doesn't want to practice healthy habits is going to find a way to not do it. Rather than stopping with a 16 oz cola, they'll drink three or four 8 oz colas.

Healthy habits are something that need to be taught at home. Perhaps it would be better to find a way to educate parents. Maybe they could have to take nutrition classes before getting food stamps ... and maybe lots of items could be removed from the list of acceptable food stamp purchases - no chips, dips, sodas, etc. They would have to pay out of pocket for those items. They will find a way to pay out of pocket, but at least the government would not be totally supporting the purchase of non-nutritious foods and abetting the obesity problem.

Hi Granny,

I agree. Healthy habits are something parents or guardians should teach kids. Government micromanagement is ineffective.

I'd also like to see agri-subsidies eliminated. The tax money funneled into supporting sugar, corn, and wheat means more crap convenience food based on those ingredients.

Obesity is a problem, but I've reached the conclusion that power has gone to Bloomberg's head in a big way.

That's what happens when you leave a politician in office too long. Their fat head starts getting in the way of doing their f-ing job.

Forum List

Back