$35 pedicure/Food stamps and kids mopping floors...

The connection is this...

So I'm in the supermarket and this well dressed lady with a manicure and pedicure that cost a minimum of $35.00 whips out her SNAP (food stamp) debit card and since it's the end of the month and the total is $10.00 her food stamp card only had $8.00.. so she swipes her bank debit card.

Now my frustration with the 40+ million Americans on food stamps is a certain percentage of them have:
Free cell phones..
free Section 8 rent..
get welfare checks,
some have people in household getting unemployment checks
and these same people can afford a $35 manicure/pedicure?

AND yet the MSM get's ALL bent out of shape when Newt says..

At a party fund raising dinner in the Des Moines suburbs, the former House speaker launched into a defense of his proposal to teach the nation's poorest children the connection between "showing up" and earning money — by putting them to work in their schools in the country's poorest neighborhoods.

"I believe the kids could mop the floor and clean up the bathroom and get paid for it, and it would be OK," he said to applause.

Gingrich said, mockingly, that those on the left would oppose his idea because it might prompt the children to earn more money and eventually escape poverty, "and then who would rich liberals worry about?"

Newt Gingrich expands on his support for child labor - latimes.com

AND what is wrong with THAT??

If democrats keep printing money out of thin air, we will all need food stamps.

There has been talk of QE 3

A few weeks ago I helped a non profit Social Service agency deliver food to supposedly needy people in the "Hood"

As we drove down the streets to distribute the packages I started looking at the types of businesses in this neighborhood.

I kid you not.

Every 4th business was a Hair and Nails Saloon. :doubt:

Do go on.

I'm sure every third business was a barber shop... and mixed in between all of those were a bunch of liquor stores, huh?
Not so much on the men's barber shops.

But the liquor stores were definitely the largest store on the block.

And had the most customer traffic going in and out. :cool:

It's a commentary on you that you let whatever businesses that are there in the neighborhood to sully your view of the people who live in it.

Big fuckin' deal!

We should be thankful we live in a country where even our poorest citizens can afford a lousy 35 bucks for a manicure/pedicure.

Then perhaps the teenagers could sweep the floors so they can afford a baseball uniform while mom gets manicures and pedicures. :(

Last edited:
Big fuckin' deal!

We should be thankful we live in a country where even our poorest citizens can afford a lousy 35 bucks for a manicure/pedicure.

Then perhaps the teenagers could sweep the floors so they can afford a baseball uniform while mon gets manicures and pedicures. :(

I have it on good authority from the left side of the isle that.......................

Tax payers have plenty of money

It's a commentary on you that you let whatever businesses that are there in the neighborhood to sully your view of the people who live in it.
So I should just ignore what I saw with my own two eyes?

Sorry, but I embrace reality.

That's why I am Not a lefty liberal or Democrat. :cool:

So... you see nail salons and you automatically assume because those businesses have set up shop in poor neighborhoods that all the poor people who live in it are "supposedly needy" but not really... compounded by the fact that there are alcoholic shops. Poor people certainly can't get imbibed. The homeless get wasted all the time. They must be just really inconspicuous with their wealth.

It has nothing to do with the fact that liquor markets are propped up to feed on people's vices does it? Those "supposedly needy people" didn't need any of your help with all those LUXURIES OF LIFE around them.

I am sure there are a very small minority of people that make $1 million or more a year that a) don't pay any taxes and b) resent stories like I posted as reasons why they resent paying taxes!

I am ALSO VERY SURE THOUGH there are a Majority of people that make $1 million or more that do pay taxes..(our President for ONE!!!) that take as many deductions (Obama took $245,000 off his tax bill for donations.. reducing his payments to 26%) and average about 24% they actually paid in taxes.
I AM SURE ALMOST ALL of them and like almost ANYONE that pays taxes though really question the USE of their tax monies being used to pay food stamps for people that paid for pedicures!
I AM 100% sure that all of us are very ticked off that the following examples of wasted tax money don't seem to be broadly publicized by the Democrats and their MSM minions so that more people get pissed at WHY Congress sees fit to continue the growth of the US budget!

Why should the USA borrow from China so we can fund $2.6 million to study Chinese prostitutes drinking habits or Vietnamese male prostitutes or the correlation between gayness and penis size or how much does a college girl need to drink before sex?

Really that's what ticks ALMOST ALL of us is examples of this WASTE and SNAP people getting free cell phones, free rent, and able to have $35 pedicures!

That's the major point!

And YET Demos especially seem happy to fund these wasteful uses of tax dollars!
WHY??

Big fuckin' deal!

she can't afford it asswipe. and neither can the American taxpayer.

Oh, shutup already. You have no clue what her financial situation is. You have no idea how much her nails cost. Get a fucking grip. You people are seriously demented.

Forum List

Back