33 successive days of misrepresentations and mischaracterizations of fact.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
According to one analyst, Donald Trump has averaged four falsehoods or misleading statements a day(!) in that time. There hasn't been a single day of Trump's presidency in which he has said nothing false or misleading.

From the essay:
“There’s never been a presidential candidate like Donald Trump — someone so cavalier about the facts and so unwilling to ever admit error, even in the face of overwhelming evidence,” WaPo lead fact-checker Glenn Kessler wrote during the heart of the 2016 campaign.

Substitute “presidential candidate” for “president” and Kessler's statement holds just as true for Trump's first month in office. All politicians stretch the truth to suit their political and policy purposes. None do so as often and as unapologetically as Trump has during his first 30-plus days in office.​

Screen-Shot-2017-02-21-at-11.57.44-AM.png

I don't care what anyone else does or did. Trump is POTUS now. He's the one on whom we must rely; thus he's the one who needs to be 100% factually and contextually accurate and truthful, every effin' day! If not "erry-day," at least on nine of ever ten days People like you and I manage to go about our lives doing exactly that. Why can't Trump? Why is that man so mendacious?

According to one analyst, Donald Trump has averaged four falsehoods or misleading statements a day(!) in that time. There hasn't been a single day of Trump's presidency in which he has said nothing false or misleading.

I don't care what anyone else does or did. Trump is POTUS now. He's the one on whom we must rely; thus he's the one who needs to be 100% factually and contextually accurate and truthful, every effin' day! If not "erry-day," at least on nine of ever ten days People like you and I manage to go about our lives doing exactly that. Why can't Trump? Why is that man so mendacious?

like he said, his administration is running like a well oiled machine .... bullshit machine to be exact.

From the essay:
“There’s never been a presidential candidate like Donald Trump — someone so cavalier about the facts and so unwilling to ever admit error, even in the face of overwhelming evidence,” WaPo lead fact-checker Glenn Kessler wrote during the heart of the 2016 campaign.

Substitute “presidential candidate” for “president” and Kessler's statement holds just as true for Trump's first month in office. All politicians stretch the truth to suit their political and policy purposes. None do so as often and as unapologetically as Trump has during his first 30-plus days in office.​

Well since turn about is fair play.
It would be running like a well oiled machine if obama hadn't hacked Indiana.

I don't have any problems understanding Trump.

Maybe he needs to have two press conferences.
One for those of us that understand him and one for snowflakes.

I don't know how we would keep the snowflakes out of our presser, you know they wouldn't be content with just their own.

Maybe if ours was held in a locker room...

From the essay:

Did you read far enough into the OP to get to this paragraph? Or did you just see the title and comment solely on it?
I have to ask because your remark doesn't make much sense in light of that paragraph being there. Were the OP's final paragraph not there, in response to your "turn about," I'd have said "touche."

I thought he has a pretty uneventful nite ... tweeting wise. Didn't bully any female reporters, didn't give away countries to Putin, didn't scare the shit out of people with make believe terror attacks, didn't piss all over the 14th with an EO a second year law student should know was illegal, didn't give a speech that caused a potential Natl Sec Advisor to run for Canada, didn't sell access to the presidency at his golf course .....

Maybe he's settling in. LOL

From the essay:

Did you read far enough into the OP to get to this paragraph? Or did you just see the title and comment solely on it?
I have to ask because your remark doesn't make much sense in light of that paragraph being there. Were the OP's final paragraph not there, in response to your "turn about," I'd have said "touche."
Where you been the last 3 months. Seems like everything that went badly for the dems was blamed on hacking.

I don't have a problem understanding him either. For example, he said, "The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years." What do you think that means? I think it means exactly what it says, and I know it's not factually correct.

Huffpost%20charts%202.png

Source

homicide_51yr.JPG

Source

Last edited:
I don't have a problem understanding him either. For example, he said, "The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years." What do you think that means? I think it means exactly what it says, and I know it's not factually correct.

Source
Oh yeah. When did he most recently misstate the crime data? That seems to be one of his favoriets

From the essay:

Where you been the last 3 months. Seems like everything that went badly for the dems was blamed on hacking.

Oh, I see now. You were quipping. I missed that. TY for the clarification.

Source
Oh yeah. When did he most recently misstate the crime data? That seems to be one of his favoriets

February 7, 2017, IIRC.

The media lies about president Trump daily, so do Dem's in congress, when they clean up their act then you libs can cry about president Trump.

Source

February 7, 2017, IIRC.
Seemed more recent.

I'm sort of on pins and needles for his UK trip, considering he told Princess Kate to put her shirt on after paparazzi caught her sunbathing. It's like he was never to Majorca

From the essay:

I think I see the problem here. "Progressives" are used to believing the government exists to kiss their boo boo's from cradle to grave and as a result, trust anything they are told. So trusting that they don't really pay an attention. They are told what they want to hear and therefore believe it. It's called confirmation bias. When faced with reality, their little apple cart gets turned over and they have no coping skills to deal with it. Their political leaders and the MSM is doing all it can to counteract reality by pumping out spin and fake news. I guess for some, reality bites. Snowflakes.

I thought he has a pretty uneventful nite ... tweeting wise. Didn't bully any female reporters, didn't give away countries to Putin, didn't scare the shit out of people with make believe terror attacks, didn't piss all over the 14th with an EO a second year law student should know was illegal, didn't give a speech that caused a potential Natl Sec Advisor to run for Canada, didn't sell access to the presidency at his golf course .....

Maybe he's settling in. LOL

Shit happens when you have a pen and a phone. Reference the last 8 years for examples.

From the essay:

This is the enemies tactics, it does two enlightening things though, makes the enemy visible to all [MEDIA] and makes it easier for trump to go forward with decisions he might otherwise consider not doing, heck if they are going to go after him no matter what he does he may decide to do some things he otherwise wouldn't even consider doing like adding 2 more seats to the SCOTUS and then filling them, that would even force the activist judges on the left to retire. [of course they would say it was in protest when it would really be because they are yesterdays news].

Forum List

Back