325,000 New Jobs in December

they dont want revcovery they want a republican majority.

Party over country at every turn

Good to see employers have picked up hiring in the last three months. Let's hope the trend continues
Wanna' make a little bet Rightwinger?

If the hiring numbers remain the same or better for the next three months (Jan-Mar) you win. If the numbers are less (even by one) I win.

The Economy has to add 325,000 jobs every month for the next three months.

The Prize: The winner chooses the others avitar for a month.

Deal?

Why would anyone want to bet against our economy? Millions of Americans are struggling and any spike in hiring is welcome news. I would find such a bet to be distasteful
Of course you would.

Attachments

• $No_Truth.jpg
    $No_Truth.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 59
Once you use up your 2 years of unemployment you fall off the stats... You are "officially" no longer looking for work...

Ask the unemployed if the picture is rosey out there...

absolutely 100% wrong. Unemployed is counted as anyone that meets 2 qualifications.
1) they say they want a job
2) they have looked for a job in the last 6 months.
Further this is a report about how many new permanent jobs were added, not an unemployment rate report.

Reuters) - Private-sector hiring surged in December as employers added 325,000 new workers while claims for jobless benefits fell, raising hope that recent labor market improvement would continue in 2012.

The ADP National Employment Report's December job tally surprised economists who had expected a 178,000 gain. It was also well above the 204,000 private jobs added in November.

"The number is stunning," said Wayne Kaufman, chief market analyst at John Thomas Financial in New York.

More good news for Democrats?

Don't get too excited just yet. This is the ADP jobs prediction not the official jobs report which is due out tomorrow. The two don't necessarily match.

Good to see employers have picked up hiring in the last three months. Let's hope the trend continues

If the hiring numbers remain the same or better for the next three months (Jan-Mar) you win. If the numbers are less (even by one) I win.

Deal?

Why would anyone want to bet against our economy? Millions of Americans are struggling and any spike in hiring is welcome news. I would find such a bet to be distasteful
No, you would be betting FOR the economy to recover. What, are you admitting that you don't really have confidence in Obama and this "recovery"? :confused:

I'll put this bet out to anyone then.

Deal?

No, you would be betting FOR the economy to recover. What, are you admitting that you don't really have confidence in Obama and this "recovery"? :confused:

Sorry....I do not wish to encourage those who hate our country

Then it really hasn't improved.
That is still 125,000 short of what is needed to just maintain the current employment figure.

It is good news only when it tops 450,000...PERIOD.
Anything below 450,000 means unemployment is increasing.

It is laughable when the pundits try and pass this off as good news to continue to excuse the market bubble.
We desperately need that number to get to 500,000 plus for months and months in a row.

Last edited:
Let's see....

Adding 325,000 jobs a month vs losing 700,000 jobs a month under republicans

Can you see why Republicans are so pissed?

Let's see....

On the contrary...again...maybe I need to type it out....s l o w e r.....

It isn't good news until it hits 450,000, anything less is still lousy.
What it is is "lesser bad news". But it is still bad news.
It means unemployment is still rising.

Let's see....

Best bad news in three years

Let me edit that..

Best bad news in five years

Last edited:
Let's see....

Best bad news in three years

No.
The economy has averaged 325,000 I believe for the past 3-4 months?
What that means is we are still bleeding jobs...not losing jobs in a waterfall fashion anymore thank God, but nevertheless - we are still losing the battle.

Deal?

Your bet is foolish: we haven't had 300k+ jobs created in a month in god know how many years. Make a reasonable offer and I'll take you up on it.

Your bet is foolish: we haven't had 300k+ jobs created in a month in god know how many years. Make a reasonable offer and I'll take you up on it.

450,000 created/new jobs is needed every month to keep up with that many new people entering the job market.
325,000 new jobs means 125,000 of those people will not find one.
No matter how you shake it 325,000 jobs still adds 125,000 more unemployed people than November.

C'mon people, where's the confidence? You say those are good numbers, put your "money" where your mouth is!

How about this: private sector jobs increased by 7 million from 2002 to 2007 - from after the end of the first Bush recession to before the beginning of the second one. That's about 100,000/mo.

Private sector payrolls will increase by at least that much for each of the next three months - Jan., Feb., and March.

If so, you wear a pro-Obama banner until after we win in November.

Deal?

450,000 created/new jobs is needed every month to keep up with that many new people entering the job market.
325,000 new jobs means 125,000 of those people will not find one.
No matter how you shake it 325,000 jobs still adds 125,000 more unemployed people than November.

Your numbers are WAY off. Why dont you do a google search on how many new people enter the market before posting stuff you obviously have no idea about. The number of new people entering the job market is usually found to be between 125k-150k not 450k

Forum List

Back