325,000 New Jobs in December

Sundial

Class Warrior
Aug 1, 2011
Reuters) - Private-sector hiring surged in December as employers added 325,000 new workers while claims for jobless benefits fell, raising hope that recent labor market improvement would continue in 2012.

The ADP National Employment Report's December job tally surprised economists who had expected a 178,000 gain. It was also well above the 204,000 private jobs added in November.

"The number is stunning," said Wayne Kaufman, chief market analyst at John Thomas Financial in New York.

More good news for Democrats?

Didn't Boehner say something about Obama owning the economy back during the debt ceiling debacle? Am I misremembering? Google isn't helping for some reason.

Good to see employers have picked up hiring in the last three months. Let's hope the trend continues

Good to see employers have picked up hiring in the last three months. Let's hope the trend continues
Wanna' make a little bet Rightwinger?

If the hiring numbers remain the same or better for the next three months (Jan-Mar) you win. If the numbers are less (even by one) I win.

The Economy has to add 325,000 jobs every month for the next three months.

The Prize: The winner chooses the others avitar for a month.

Deal?

Once you use up your 2 years of unemployment you fall off the stats... You are "officially" no longer looking for work...

Ask the unemployed if the picture is rosey out there...

If the hiring numbers remain the same or better for the next three months (Jan-Mar) you win. If the numbers are less (even by one) I win.

Deal?

Why would anyone want to bet against our economy? Millions of Americans are struggling and any spike in hiring is welcome news. I would find such a bet to be distasteful

Deal?

Why would anyone want to bet against our economy? Millions of Americans are struggling and any spike in hiring is welcome news. I would find such a bet to be distasteful

Even if its a big lie? :eusa_hand:

Deal?

Even if its a big lie? :eusa_hand:

Sorry...can't read your font

Deal?

It's not as sick as the time I saw someone challenge someone to a bet on how many soldiers would get killed in Iraq in a given month but it's in the same city block.

Deal?

It's not as sick as the time I saw someone challenge someone to a bet on how many soldiers would get killed in Iraq in a given month but it's in the same city block.

Why would anyone want to bet on the misery of others?

All Americans should be glad that more jobs are becoming available, that auto companies are showing a profit, that the stock market has rebounded

It's time to put politics aside and root for your country

Forum List

Back