32 million still not insured

From politifact:

Our ruling

Perry said Trump is "for single-payer health care."

Fifteen years ago, Trump was decidedly for a universal healthcare system that resembled Canada’s system, in which the government pays for care for all citizens. Recently, he's said he admires Scotland’s single-payer system and disses the Affordable Care Act as incompetently implemented.

However, a Trump spokesman denied that the candidate supported "socialized medicine" and suggested Trump prefers a "free-market" solution. Other than that, though, the Trump campaign has been silent about what his specific health care policies are; perhaps Trump will be pressed on this point during the Aug. 6 debate.

Given the current evidence, Perry's attack is partially accurate, but leaves out details. We rate the statement Half True.

My "ruling" is that Trump is a dangerous ego-maniac and we need to do everything we can to ensure he isn't elected to government.

From politifact:

Our ruling

Fifteen years ago, Trump was decidedly for a universal healthcare system that resembled Canada’s system, in which the government pays for care for all citizens. Recently, he's said he admires Scotland’s single-payer system and disses the Affordable Care Act as incompetently implemented.

However, a Trump spokesman denied that the candidate supported "socialized medicine" and suggested Trump prefers a "free-market" solution. Other than that, though, the Trump campaign has been silent about what his specific health care policies are; perhaps Trump will be pressed on this point during the Aug. 6 debate.

Given the current evidence, Perry's attack is partially accurate, but leaves out details. We rate the statement Half True.

My "ruling" is that Trump is a dangerous ego-maniac and we need to do everything we can to ensure he isn't elected to government.

If you said Trump and Clinton, I'd be on board.

From politifact:

Our ruling

Ego verses corrupt lying law breaker.

And the ego must go?

My, how things have changed since this thread was begun over nine months ago. Really one only has to look at the difference between November '15 and January '16 to understand the futility of those screaming "FAILURE!!!!!11!", facts notwithstanding.

Oh, and lest any of you get to fired up about costs.....

U.S. Health-Care Spending Is on the Rise Again

The national medical bill may be back to growing faster than gross domestic product. After five years of historically slow growth, new data show U.S. health-care spending accelerated significantly in 2014.

The analysis, from the Altarum Institute research group and based on preliminary government data, shows health spending increasing by 5 percent last year, compared to 3.6 percent in 2013. If confirmed by the final tally, health-care spending during 2014 would mark the biggest jump since before the recession.

1 of 3 people who did not have insurance before do have it now.

A new administration will make ACA into a medicare-style single payer system the services for which must be bid by the health care corporations. Healthy market competition will drive down prices and improve services.

From politifact:

Our ruling

And while I would agree...I still don't hear them talking about the realities of our current health care system.

We spend 8,500 per person per year. That is a reality. Many countries spend a great deal less.

Obamacare simply moves the burden around.

Everyone knows that many people who have it can't use it.

I Can’t Afford My Obamacare Deductible. Now What?

$5,731. That’s the average bronze plan deductible for individuals who purchase an Obamacare health insurance plan from HealthCare.gov, according to HealthPocket.com

We have a lot of people underemployed who need some type of coverage (and they want it) that does not break the bank.

How does anyone think that Obamacare, Single Payer, or As-Much-As-You-Want health care is going to work when, on average, a family of four is spending 34,000 per year on health care ?

There are some tough questions to be addressed.

Sun Devil's protests have easily been answered.

Let's go ahead and get a medicare-style single payer system in place to afford to all accessible, affordable, and quality health care like the rest of the civilized western nations.

another government failure.

no. but nice try. that's a decrease of nearly 9% from the year before. that is a government success. but if it bothers you, i think you should write to your state government and demand that they accept the medicaid extension.

Key Facts about the Uninsured Population

from the same link:
"Most uninsured people are in low-income working families. In 2014, over 8 in 10 were in a family with a worker, and over 5 in 10 have family income below 200% of poverty. Reflecting the more limited availability of public coverage in some states, adults are more likely to be uninsured than children. People of color are at higher risk of being uninsured than non-Hispanic Whites."

i'll also point out that texas has the highest number of uninsured people in the country. you should send a note to rick perry.

Census: Texas still No. 1 in rate of uninsured

Is this on a percentage basis or absolute numbers ?

From politifact:

Our ruling

And while I would agree...I still don't hear them talking about the realities of our current health care system.

We spend 8,500 per person per year. That is a reality. Many countries spend a great deal less.

$5,731. That’s the average bronze plan deductible for individuals who purchase an Obamacare health insurance plan from HealthCare.gov, according to HealthPocket.com

We have a lot of people underemployed who need some type of coverage (and they want it) that does not break the bank.

How does anyone think that Obamacare, Single Payer, or As-Much-As-You-Want health care is going to work when, on average, a family of four is spending 34,000 per year on health care ?

The most important thing in addressing health care is to recognize that we have two distinct problems, and they require different solutions. First we have a dysfunctional health care market that makes affordable health care impossible. Second, we have - and will always have - poor people who can't afford health care at all.

If the first problem is alleviated, the second is more manageable. It becomes a matter of maintaining a safety net for the poor.

If the first problem isn't resolved, the second is unsolvable. If prices continue to go up, none of us will be able to afford health care.

From politifact:

Our ruling

The most important thing in addressing health care is to recognize that we have two distinct problems, and they require different solutions. First we have a dysfunctional health care market that makes affordable health care impossible. Second, we have - and will always have - poor people who can't afford health care at all.

If the first problem is alleviated, the second is more manageable. It becomes a matter of maintaining a safety net for the poor.

If the first problem isn't resolved, the second is unsolvable. If prices continue to go up, none of us will be able to afford health care.

Please elaborate on the dysfunctionality.

I see an issue with to many artificial constraints.

I also see an unwillingness to accept the realities of mortality. We spend way to much money on losing battles.

Forum List

Back