32.5%??

To live in the USA, pay our taxes and earn 5 times more than you really deserve is a huge bargain.

To whom do you donate the money you get that you don't deserve?

we all donate it to ourselves, that's what makes being an American a bargain.
You keep what you don't deserve?

Funny, innit? When you do it, it's a great thing. When "the rich" do it, they should be flogged.

You'll take a leftist's double standards when you pry them from his cold, dead fingers.

Agreed. And if we did have such a policy, very few people would be in need of SS, which could then be reformed as real safety net for the truly needy instead of a broad entitlement.

Currently 37% of the entire budget of the United States.
Will be over $1 trillion by 2015.
Outrageous.
You are exactly right...it has become an uncontrollable behemoth that needs to be dramatically cut back to what it was designed to be.

Budget hmmm. It is a self supporting entity with close to 3 trillion in iou treasury bonds.
The real issue is that the govt does not want to pay back what they "borrowed" from the SS surplus.

I can't imagine you know this little. Seriously?
Does not want to pay back...geez...how about CAN'T pay back.
Oh...wait...how could I forget, they should just increase taxes.

Well, if you spend more than $7 per day on food, you just might be rich!

Our society is trending to the point where anyone who earns more than a bare subsistence level of income is deemed well off, and a plump pigeon for high tax rates.
Another perk of being a rest. mgr... ;)

You should be thankful.Every bonus check I received and that total is 3 maybe 4...The total taxes withheld were closer to 50 %....This is in New York the Flag ship state of the Democrat Lib so to speak.The Mother ship if you will for the Democrat Lib....if you get my meaning.Maybe that made a difference.You should have seen my co workers faces when we first heard we were getting a bonus and how much it would be...

Then you should have seen the faces after when we opened the envelope.I know Libs here will tell me that if they had their way I would have gotten only 5 % with the 95% withheld for their noble causes like studying the mating habits of the blue tailed swallow or the funding of the young mans gay choral
glee club....but still you hear you're getting a bonus and you think of doing something really cool..

To whom do you donate the money you get that you don't deserve?

we all donate it to ourselves, that's what makes being an American a bargain.
You keep what you don't deserve?

Funny, innit? When you do it, it's a great thing. When "the rich" do it, they should be flogged.

You'll take a leftist's double standards when you pry them from his cold, dead fingers.

That's just silly. Capitalism is the science of arranging for unearned income. That's why they call it "unearned income".

I am a capitalist. And I don't begrudge people enjoying our advantages over the rest of the world.

But I do take umbrage at people who benefit from income they never earned and still whine about it. Or people who feel entitled to income they didn't earn.

Ingrates are foul, unwholesome pieces of shit I'd just as soon crush with heavy equipment. Esp when there are not 25% of Americans who even know what hard work is anymore.

We are a nation of fat, lazy, diseased, unfit, pussies with bloated entitlement issues without enough clarity of mind to figure out why our middle class is headed down the drain while billionaires are record in number......

In the Darwinian world most "capitalists" worship, most of those whining idiots would be selected out of existence.

Last edited:
unearned income

unearned income
Definition
An individual's income derived from sources other than employment, such as interest and dividends from investments, or income from rental property. also called unearned revenue. opposite of earned income.

Read more: What is unearned income? Definition and Meaning

Ball players don't "earn" $40 million for playing games. CEO's don't "earn" $40 million/year. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet don't earn their fortunes and most Americans are paid 100 times as much for the same work that folks in China do.

Simply arranging for compensation is not the same as earning it.

Currently 37% of the entire budget of the United States.
Will be over $1 trillion by 2015.
Outrageous.
You are exactly right...it has become an uncontrollable behemoth that needs to be dramatically cut back to what it was designed to be.

Budget hmmm. It is a self supporting entity with close to 3 trillion in iou treasury bonds.
The real issue is that the govt does not want to pay back what they "borrowed" from the SS surplus.

I can't imagine you know this little. Seriously?
Does not want to pay back...geez...how about CAN'T pay back.
Oh...wait...how could I forget, they should just increase taxes.

Can't pay back? Then our govt is already bankrupt and failed.

Sure we can pay back it won't cost much more than the 2 wars we have going now.

Cut about 1/4 trillion from the military budget and we are there.
We can do that by shutting down 2/3 of our overseas miitary operations and still keep the USA protected.

There may be a technical definition, but it's been hijacked to be used anytime class warfare is indicated.

At what point did Bill Gates and Warren Buffet stop "earning?"

Class warfare is as constant as the weather and it is the primary preoccupation of the greedy and the rich.

According to Gates and Buffet the vast majority of their income was unearned, and according to the IRS as well, which is why they vowed to return it to society before or at the moment of their death.

But I don't suppose those two fools have anything to teach you!

There may be a technical definition, but it's been hijacked to be used anytime class warfare is indicated.

At what point did Bill Gates and Warren Buffet stop "earning?"

Class warfare is as constant as the weather and it is the primary preoccupation of the greedy and the rich.

According to Gates and Buffet the vast majority of their income was unearned, and according to the IRS as well, which is why they vowed to return it to society before or at the moment of their death.

But I don't suppose those two fools have anything to teach you!

No, class warfare is a marxist construct.

They can do what they want with their money.

What business is it of theirs to impose that one those with 1/10th the income they have, or less?

Hardly, Marx merely pointed out that class warfare had always been the political fulcrum of every society since the moment we figured out how to store durable wealth.

Is the speed of light merely an Einsteinian construct?

Is gravity merely a Newtonian construct?

Is the Pythagorean theorem merely a Pythagorean construct?

Hardly, Marx merely pointed out that class warfare had always been the political fulcrum of every society since the moment we figured out how to store durable wealth.

Is the speed of light merely an Einsteinian construct?

Is gravity merely a Newtonian construct?

Is the Pythagorean theorem merely a Pythagorean construct?

Not in free societies there was no "fulcrum."

Forum List

Back