32.5%??

The withholding is a ripoff pure and simple.

Hogwash. To live in the USA, pay our taxes and earn 5 times more than you really deserve is a huge bargain.

Without the taxes, the empire and the society we would all be as poor as wood rats, and live just as comfortably.

Get a clue!

Hogwash. To live in the USA, pay our taxes and earn 5 times more than you really deserve is a huge bargain.

Without the taxes, the empire and the society we would all be as poor as wood rats, and live just as comfortably.

Get a clue!
The evil empire must die so that the federated republic can be reborn.

Get a clue!
The evil empire must die so that the federated republic can be reborn.

revolution is messy. And I am not a fan of throwing the empire away so much as shrinking it toward a scope the size of the Americas.

Whether the empire ever does die completely I would still like to keep the nation intact, if possible. Revolution is messy.

Resturant managers are seldom rich.

Yet apparently Horysir found himself in the same tax brscket as Bill Gate and George Soros.

This is not an accident, of course.

Tht makes Hortysir an ally of the superrich who do not want their tax rates increased.

Tres clever these masters of ours.

In effect people like Hortysir pay a much greater percentage of the income as taxes so that people who are SUPERWEALTHY don't have to.

the 25% tax bracket (income between 34K and 82.4K) plus a 7.6% withholding for FICA is an effective rate of 32.6%. That's probably the source of the taxes (there is no 32.5% bracket)

That is the rate at which my first bonus check was taxed.
Apparently bonuses are considered a "luxury" and are subject to Luxury Tax and that's the current rate.

Now, I'm not a banker making truckloads of money off of shady investments.
My bonuses are performance and result driven.
As a big thank you, Uncle Sam takes 1/3???

:evil:

I pay that every week. After you have paid taxes like this year after year...it tends to change your entire outlook on government spending

Last edited:
That is the rate at which my first bonus check was taxed.
Apparently bonuses are considered a "luxury" and are subject to Luxury Tax and that's the current rate.

Now, I'm not a banker making truckloads of money off of shady investments.
My bonuses are performance and result driven.
As a big thank you, Uncle Sam takes 1/3???

:evil:

I feel your pain. Happens to me too. IT SUCKS!!!
Thanks......

It just tickles me to hear some carry on about how the "rich" aren't taxed enough.
If that's anything like their rate, I think 1/3 is plenty high enough of a rate.

It's strange how something that is part of my pay structure can be considered a "luxury"
:eusa_eh:

Well, if you spend more than $7 per day on food, you just might be rich!

Our society is trending to the point where anyone who earns more than a bare subsistence level of income is deemed well off, and a plump pigeon for high tax rates.

I still say all personal income Wages, capital gains, etc should be taxed the same at one flat rate with NO deductions. It souuld be 10% or less.

Even SS benefits once you draw more than you paid in.

I feel your pain. Happens to me too. IT SUCKS!!!
Thanks......

It just tickles me to hear some carry on about how the "rich" aren't taxed enough.
If that's anything like their rate, I think 1/3 is plenty high enough of a rate.

It's strange how something that is part of my pay structure can be considered a "luxury"
:eusa_eh:

Don't worry, you will get a generous refund.

You are missing the point - It is ludicrous that the government gets a interest free loan of his earnings until he files his tax return.

39% percent taken off mine. Enough to make your blood boil. Put yourself in the position of an upper income earner and you know the anger they feel on every single paycheck. How can almost half of what you make going to the government not infuriate people?

The tax burden paid by the upper income brackets as a percent of income is higher than that of medieval serfs.

39% percent taken off mine. Enough to make your blood boil. Put yourself in the position of an upper income earner and you know the anger they feel on every single paycheck. How can almost half of what you make going to the government not infuriate people?

That is where I am. However you also have to add other taxes...
Property Tax
Sales Tax
Gas Tax
Outside income tax

By the time you add these...you actually ARE at the 50% rate.

I still say all personal income Wages, capital gains, etc should be taxed the same at one flat rate with NO deductions. It souuld be 10% or less.

Agreed. And if we did have such a policy, very few people would be in need of SS, which could then be reformed as a real safety net for the truly needy instead of a broad entitlement.

Last edited:

Agreed. And if we did have such a policy, very few people would be in need of SS, which could then be reformed as real safety net for the truly needy instead of a broad entitlement.

Currently 37% of the entire budget of the United States.
Will be over $1 trillion by 2015.
Outrageous.
You are exactly right...it has become an uncontrollable behemoth that needs to be dramatically cut back to what it was designed to be.

Agreed. And if we did have such a policy, very few people would be in need of SS, which could then be reformed as real safety net for the truly needy instead of a broad entitlement.

Currently 37% of the entire budget of the United States.
Will be over $1 trillion by 2015.
Outrageous.
You are exactly right...it has become an uncontrollable behemoth that needs to be dramatically cut back to what it was designed to be.

Budget hmmm. It is a self supporting entity with close to 3 trillion in iou treasury bonds.
The real issue is that the govt does not want to pay back what they "borrowed" from the SS surplus.

Forum List

Back