32.5%??

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
That is the rate at which my first bonus check was taxed.
Apparently bonuses are considered a "luxury" and are subject to Luxury Tax and that's the current rate.

Now, I'm not a banker making truckloads of money off of shady investments.
My bonuses are performance and result driven.
As a big thank you, Uncle Sam takes 1/3???

:evil:

Your government is in action to serve the public which of course does not include individuals like you.

Apparently bonuses are considered a "luxury" and are subject to Luxury Tax and that's the current rate.

I feel your pain. Happens to me too. IT SUCKS!!!

You hush. The government knows how to spend your money better than you. Consider yourself lucky they let you keep any of it.

Thanks......

It just tickles me to hear some carry on about how the "rich" aren't taxed enough.
If that's anything like their rate, I think 1/3 is plenty high enough of a rate.

It's strange how something that is part of my pay structure can be considered a "luxury"
:eusa_eh:

That is what is withheld. The tally will be known after you file.

apparently your comment fell on deaf ears.

With holdings are not the final tax rate. They are just what the IRS exacts upfront before your actual rate of tax is determined in your return according to ordinary income and deductions data.

Thanks......

It just tickles me to hear some carry on about how the "rich" aren't taxed enough.
If that's anything like their rate, I think 1/3 is plenty high enough of a rate.

It's strange how something that is part of my pay structure can be considered a "luxury"

Don't worry, you will get a generous refund.

You're lucky Republicans weren't able to send your job to China.

Thanks......

That would be a shock considering the amount deducted is nowhere near what I ended up having to pay last year.

But, hey, thanks for the hug nonetheless.
:eusa_whistle:

You're lucky Republicans weren't able to send your job to China.
One of the perks of being a rest. mgr.
:cool:

Thanks......

That would be a shock considering the amount deducted is nowhere near what I ended up having to pay last year.

But, hey, thanks for the hug nonetheless.
:eusa_whistle:

Then you jumped a tax bracket with your bonus. No other explanation fits neatly.

you got off ...mine was always at the supplemental rate of 48%.....enjoy!

When I do before or after school tutoring, the same thing hortey is talking about applies to the money we are paid too, since it's considered "bonus" money instead of our 'contract' money. I don't get it, we are working for the money, it's not a bonus. :confused:

The gubmint knows how to spend your money better than you...

Just keep working and shut up...

Thanks......

It amounts to a forced loan at zero interest, and an opportunity cost interest rate (if he has credit cards he wants to pay off) of 21%.

Say the bonus was 2000, so the government takes 600+ as a loan at 0%and he is therefore out the $15 he has to shell out extra on his bills.

Still sleazy.

Thanks......

It amounts to a forced loan at zero interest, and an opportunity cost interest rate (if he has credit cards he wants to pay off) of 21%.

Say the bonus was 2000, so the government takes 600+ as a loan at 0%and he is therefore out the $15 he has to shell out extra on his bills.

Still sleazy.

Sure, it is sleazy. But he does get back whatever he is due by the time his return is processed.

Whatduya think quarterly returns do? And those are also mandatory.

New Topics

Forum List

Back