319 Square Miles

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
OUR FOUNDING FATHERS WERE GENIUSES
Illustrates the very reason the Electoral College was conceived

In their infinite wisdom, the United States' Founders created the Electoral College to ensure the STATES were fairly represented. Why should one or two densely populated areas speak for the whole of the nation?

The following list of statistics has been making the rounds on the Internet. It should finally put an end to the argument as to why the Electoral College makes sense.
Do share this. It needs to be widely known and understood.
There are 3,141 counties in the United States.
Trump won 3,084 of them.
Clinton won 57.
There are 62 counties in New York State.
Trump won 46 of them.
Clinton won 16.
Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes. (with illegal alien voters included)
In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens) Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties; Trump won Richmond)
Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.
These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.

The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 square miles.
When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election.
Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.) DO NOT and SHOULD NOT speak for the rest of our country!

Do you think the EC represents the states in the congress, gee I thought that is what Senators and Representatives did. Someone is not thinking clear, and it isn't me. They are 50 states.

Do you think the EC represents the states in the congress, gee I thought that is what Senators and Representatives did. Someone is not thinking clear. They are 50 states.
Yes it does. And protects them from not being represented. We learned this in the 5th grade.

Do you think the EC represents the states in the congress, gee I thought that is what Senators and Representatives did. Someone is not thinking clear. They are 50 states.
Yes it does. And protects them from not being represented. We learned this in the 5th grade.

5th grade in 1805!! No they do not represent the states in congress. We have the maj rule in Congress and the Supreme Court, good enough for both of them, its good enough for the national popular vote.

5th grade in 1805!! No they do not represent the states in congress. We have the maj rule in Congress and the Supreme Court, good enough for both of them, its good enough for the national popular vote.
You say no. I say YES. It represents the states, in the way that it protects them from being irrelevant in national elections.

You say no. I say YES. It represents the states, in the way that it protects them from being irrelevant in national elections.

They do not represent the state. Senators and Representatives do. It archaic. They are fairly irrelevant. They are like a pinhead among millions of people.

Only children wouldn’t recognize the needs of different areas of the country will be different.

California=55 EV

as many as Montana, Utah, Wyoming, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas, Idaho, and Arizona combined.

_45041481_electoral_map466.gif

But, the EV isn't fair?

They do not represent the state. Senators and Representatives do. It archaic. They are fairly irrelevant. They are like a pinhead among millions of people.
Too bad, Democrats will never win the White House again.

Thank you Founding Fathers!

Do you think the EC represents the states in the congress, gee I thought that is what Senators and Representatives did. Someone is not thinking clear, and it isn't me. They are 50 states.

That's because you're not American and don't grasp how America works. How you run Hamas is your own business, leave America to we who live here.

Each STATE elects who they desire to be the President. Once the STATE determines who they desire to be POTUS, they send electors to represent that state.

This is known as "Representative republicanism." You of Hamas have no experience with it, preferring a model known as "Brutal Dictatorship" instead.

Each state is awarded electors in PROPORTION to their population, so large states like the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia have more electors than smaller states like Road Island.

Hamas Penny didn't attend 5th grade over in Gaza.

Am I talking to a robot ? :confused:

My only point is that the EC protects the masses and sections of the country, from being dominated by small sectors (ex big cities, and populous states, ex California)

OUR FOUNDING FATHERS WERE GENIUSES
Illustrates the very reason the Electoral College was conceived

In their infinite wisdom, the United States' Founders created the Electoral College to ensure the STATES were fairly represented. Why should one or two densely populated areas speak for the whole of the nation?

The following list of statistics has been making the rounds on the Internet. It should finally put an end to the argument as to why the Electoral College makes sense.
Do share this. It needs to be widely known and understood.
There are 3,141 counties in the United States.
Trump won 3,084 of them.
Clinton won 57.
There are 62 counties in New York State.
Trump won 46 of them.
Clinton won 16.
Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes. (with illegal alien voters included)
In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens) Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties; Trump won Richmond)
Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.
These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.

The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 square miles.
When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election.
Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.) DO NOT and SHOULD NOT speak for the rest of our country!

Those numbers are way off.

You and your kind are exactly why the Electoral college was made part of the equation Numb nuts. So Small pockets of densely populated areas could not be held more important than the rest of the country. Dimwit! get an education and come back in about …….. well never would be fine!

Civics was never your strong suit was it..........

Forum List

Back