$319 BILLION in jobless benefits!

Because the Democrats have the unemployed believing that they can permanently receive unemployment checks large amounts of jobs are going unfilled. Bill Clinton recently appeared on Meet the Press & tried spinning the fact that we have record skilled worker positions go unfilled, despite high unemployment. He argued that there were millions of jobs available for immediate hire because workers were upside-down on their mortgages so they can't relocate & they have mismatched job skills.

Now that the Republicans have won the election & Congress is getting ready to cut the permanent unemployment checks you will see large gains in the size of the workforce & a large drop in unemployment because these unemployed will start legitimately try to get a job. The Democrats will try to spin it as Obama's Green Jobs agenda is finally working.

I don't understand. What's really going down with some of you people?

From my perspective the New Right is guided by Avarice, Bigotry and Censorship. It is a movement entirely focused on 'self' and a contradiction of the Judeo-Christian Values which they claim as there own.

For way too long entitlement fucks have been getting everything they whine for to the point they don't want anything else EXCEPT MORE !!!
The people in power are hungrier than ever and want MORE ... from who? The average working Joe who barely gets by paying for the elitist who have everything and the fucking entitlement pricks that want more.

So the left wants power and big government and the votes from everyone they buy off with added tax programs that benefit specific groups that who pays for ....

I think the purpose is to help people that are temporarily not working. And I just don't see what's wrong with that. Republicans always twist around what we say to make it sound as though it's a permanent thing we are seeking.

Collecting unemloyment is a temporary solution to a temporary problem. And it's so stingy!! Oh yeah, people don't want to work so that they can collect $300 a week and live the good life. :rolleyes:

Temporary.......99 weeks is temporary...I know for a fact there are some collecting unemployment right now will keep collecting it and not get a job.They said they will finally go out and START to look for a job only when their benefit runs out.Then and only when they have absolutely no choice but to finally go out and look for work because the money ran out...

nice huh?

I wish someone anyone on the left would answer this question.
How long is temporary?
When is enough enough?:cuckoo:

I was on extended unemployment in 1990. They required you to go and look for a job and get two signatures a week from employers stating they had no openings.

Face the fact, we are a nation in decline, and losing jobs in a recession that never come back even when the economy picks up is just one more symptom.

I would be ok with extending unemployment up to 99 weeks only for those enrolled in trade school or college. These people also qualify for government student loans & grants. I am no way in favor of letting anyone get more than 6 months of unemployment unless they are getting an education & looking for work.

What about those who have an education and still cannot find a job?

Oh, then by all means.. pay them for as long as needed. Let's say, five years cause they're so smart?

That was a legitimate question. Why can't you just answer it with a thoughtful reply?? The sarcastic comments really get old.

What about those who have an education and still cannot find a job?

Oh, then by all means.. pay them for as long as needed. Let's say, five years cause they're so smart?

That was a legitimate question. Why can't you just answer it with a thoughtful reply?? The sarcastic comments really get old.

Your question is silly. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Unemployed is unemployed. Just because you are educated (whatever that means), you are entitled to different compensation?

Sorry. No.

There are poeple out there with PhD's that are unemployed.... oh well. They are no better than the guy who worked for a yard service.

I think the purpose is to help people that are temporarily not working. And I just don't see what's wrong with that. Republicans always twist around what we say to make it sound as though it's a permanent thing we are seeking.

Collecting unemloyment is a temporary solution to a temporary problem. And it's so stingy!! Oh yeah, people don't want to work so that they can collect $300 a week and live the good life. :rolleyes:

Temporary.......99 weeks is temporary...I know for a fact there are some collecting unemployment right now will keep collecting it and not get a job.They said they will finally go out and START to look for a job only when their benefit runs out.Then and only when they have absolutely no choice but to finally go out and look for work because the money ran out...

nice huh?

How long is temporary?

I was on extended unemployment in 1990. They required you to go and look for a job and get two signatures a week from employers stating they had no openings.

Face the fact, we are a nation in decline, and losing jobs in a recession that never come back even when the economy picks up is just one more symptom.

Well...then based on that theory, people will be on unemployment forever?
Exactly how will that work?

Your question is silly. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Unemployed is unemployed. Just because you are educated (whatever that means), you are entitled to different compensation?

Sorry. No.

I didn't ask the question. It was asked by uscitizen. I was commenting on your sarcastic response. And who are you to say that anybody's question is silly??? All you had to do was say why you think she is wrong about the tax cuts being extended. Anybody should be able to get their point accross without being sarcastic. Look at your response to me. Angry and sarcastic. Like I said, it gets really old.

There are poeple out there with PhD's that are unemployed.... oh well. They are no better than the guy who worked for a yard service.

Nobody said they are any better. Don't you realize that they can't get a job in their field right now?? And they are turned down for other jobs because they are over qualified?? Potential employers think they will leave if they get a job offer in their field of expertise. And they probably all do!!

I have 2 friends that put their kid through college. Both are teachers and both were laid off of their teaching jobs. One is working as a server at a local restaurant. She was so lucky!! Only collected unemployment for 3 months.The other has not been able to find anything. So she had to move home. She's been on unemployment for some months now. I wonder what people like her are going to do that don't have the option of moving home?? What are they supposed to do??

nice huh?

How long is temporary?

No, it isn't nice!! It drives me nuts that conservatives always imply that we want to give everybody a free ride. Believe me, I don't at all. I worked really hard for 30 years. Got up every single day at 5am and sometimes worked until 6 or 7 and went in on Saturdays. But I loved it!! I will never understand people that will do anything to avoid work and just want to sit around all day and watch soaps!! Pisses me off and I don't understand it. How boring!!.

My concern is only for people that have worked hard all their lives and are in a real pickle right now because of no jobs. What's the answer to pay just them and not the deadbeats?? I don't know!! And is 99 weeks or more considered temporary?? Don't know that either!! I only know that I don't want hard working Americans to suffer because of this job situation. Its never happened to me, but it has got to be terrible. Can you understand my feelings here??

Um idiot. We pay for unemployment in every paycheck throughout our lives. That's what it's for.

Why don't you complain about the subsidies for the oil companies while they make record profits? Seriously. Pick something that makes sense and doesn't punish the working people who lost their jobs in a bad economy. Those people PAID into the unemployment insurance fund and now they are using THEIR OWN MONEY while they try to find another job.

I swear, FOX has really fucked your minds up right wingers. Your thinking is so twisted.

LOL!! I got a neg rep with the comment "fucking liar" for this post. Too funny. Some moron doesn't know we pay into the unemployment insurance fund.

How do such idiots survive in the world? :clap2:

Um idiot. We pay for unemployment in every paycheck throughout our lives. That's what it's for.

Why don't you complain about the subsidies for the oil companies while they make record profits? Seriously. Pick something that makes sense and doesn't punish the working people who lost their jobs in a bad economy. Those people PAID into the unemployment insurance fund and now they are using THEIR OWN MONEY while they try to find another job.

I swear, FOX has really fucked your minds up right wingers. Your thinking is so twisted.

Wrong not one dime comes out of your check for unemployment.
Your employer does pay into the fund but not one dime is withheld from your check, check your pay stub.

However the money spent is much better at helping the people of America during hard times than bailing out the finiancial sector or many other uses the stimulus money was put to.
And every dime rolls right back into the economy helping businesses and such.

Last edited:
If unemployment benefits are put away in a locked box why is it Ed Shultz on MSNBC is screaming every night that Congress needs to come up with the funding to pay the people who already have collected for 99 friggin weeks.That these poor unfortunate souls are in such dire straits and the evil Republicans are such heartless bastards that they wont approve the government coming up with the money to carry them for another couple of years.
Oh and another thing.Nancy Pelosi has said time and time again that paying unemployment benefits give the economy more bang for the buck then anything.For every dollar given to the unemployed the economy gets $2.00 back.
Then why should any of us work?....why not let me stay home from work and collect then every dollar that I get will bring double that back....crazy shit man.

If people don't want to look for work because they have unemployment checks coming in and many have admitted they will only begin to look for work when the checks run out and they have no other choice then why not move them over to welfare?

Last edited:

FOX? The news piece in the OP which you responded to is from CNN Money.

CNN Money: Unemployment insurance sent $319 billion to the jobless - Nov. 17, 2010

:iagree:

You know it takes intelligence and free thought to comprehend what you posted - neither of which can be found anywhere near or adjacent to FAUX Nous or to those who imbibe.

Conservative America doesn't know up from down and if it did it would just try to reverse it anyway. In the last election some of the really freaky Republican Congressional candidates (and there were some really freaky ones) told potential voters that Social Security and Unemployment were entitlements. You know like Welfare. And the unemployed preferred to be - that way they can live at poverty level and barely subsist.

I heard no voice on either side raised in contradiction - instead both sides proceeded as if they'd heard the truth.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights weren't written to protect us from Islamic Terrorists, they were written to protect us from our government.

Wrong not one dime comes out of your check for unemployment.
Your employer does pay into the fund but not one dime is withheld from your check, check your pay stub.

However the money spent is much better at helping the people of America during hard times than bailing out the finiancial sector or many other uses the stimulus money was put to.
And every dime rolls right back into the economy helping businesses and such.

About that you are right. However, there is eligibility which must be met before anyone qualifies to receive these benefits and Federal and State taxes are due upon all monies received.

I could be wrong, but what offends most is that Republican Congressional candidates out and out lied about the nature of unemployment and Social Security. They put forth the absurd notion to potential voters that the millions of unemployed in this nation remained so in order to live at poverty level rather than work.

Speaking of the biggest private handout of public monies in the history of the world - well let's not. It will probably take the majority of Americans several decades or more to fully comprehend just how badly they were screwed by George W. Bush and Company.

Last edited:
"I could be wrong, but what offends most is that Republican Congressional candidates out and out lied about the nature of unemployment and Social Security."

You want to talk about lies and misinformation, how about how the Left controlled media informed the people about what was going on with the deadline for the Bush tax rates.

What bothered me during this last battle was the way the Left shaped the argument about extending the Bush tax cuts.The Left was very intentionally sloppy in their reporting by saying the Republicans didn't want the extensions for the middle class only for the so called rich.

They also made it sound like the again so called rich were getting a windfall of new money,that the government/tax payers were paying out cash to the wealthy..

The truth in all of the was the Republicans wanted the Bush tax rated extended for all and the only change for EVERYONE was that there was no change,the tax rates would stay the same.No one was going to get a tax hike.

Last edited:
Unemployment insurance sent $319 billion to the jobless - Nov. 17, 2010

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were
living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet

FYI the recent compromise of $800 BILLION gave about 80 billion to 6 million unemployed families.

The other $720 billion of it was mostly went to tax breaks for billionaires, and pork for their corporations.

Does that trouble you, too?

Unemployment insurance sent $319 billion to the jobless - Nov. 17, 2010

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were
living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet

FYI the recent compromise of $800 BILLION gave about 80 billion to 6 million unemployed families.

The other $720 billion of it was mostly went to tax breaks for billionaires, and pork for their corporations.

Does that trouble you, too?

You mean the billionaires and corps who create jobs? Should it bother me? No one ever got rich by taking from the super wealthy. It doesn't happen, just like Obama hasn't created one job since coming to office. He's lost 3 or 4 million, but his policies are doomed to failure. What a smirking chimp.

Forum List

Back