31 of 53 teen girls at FLDS ranch are pregnant or had baby

Once again.
If the state is taking custody of girls who are underaged and pregnant, they should also take into custody a huge percentage of their clientele, who apply for foodstamps and medical EVERY DAY. But those girls get a pass. It doesn't matter where they're living or who with. I know families with 3 girls who all got pregnant when they were 14. I know of a family now where the girl is going to high school and has three children, and lives rent free in a trailer her father provides.
Her boyfriend is older and works.

Nobody's telling me I should be investigating that situation. Know why? Because they aren't fundamentalists.

I don’t think that religion has anything to do with it. It just happens that this religious group happened to have a lot of statutory rape, child abuse, etc. It could have been any group that engaged in this behavior. The Branch Dividian fiasco did not happen because David Koresh was the leader of an unusual church. It happened because authorities had reason to believe that there was abuse and illegal activity at the compound. You really should get over this notion that many people are getting persecuted or prosecuted because they follow a religion. Look. It is easier to catch criminals when there is a group of them than when you try to track down criminals individually one-by-one all over the place.

Which is completely legal if its done by other minors.

Its NOT legal if its done by adults.

http://www.sexlaws.org/what_is_statutory_rape

In accordance with the FBI definition, statutory rape is characterized as non-forcible sexual intercourse with a person who is younger than the statutory age of consent. The actual ages for these laws vary greatly from state-to-state, as do the punishments for offenders.

Many states do not use the actual term "statutory rape," simply calling it rape or unlawful sexual penetration among a variety of other titles. These laws rarely apply only to intercourse, but rather to any type of sexual contact. Dating someone without sexual contact cannot be considered a form of statutory rape, and is almost never illegal. All states have an "age of consent," or an age at which a person can legally consent to sexual activity and can then no longer be a victim of statutory rape.

Some states also have laws that take into consideration the "age difference" between both people involved. In many states, the more years there are between the adult and the minor, the more serious the offense. All states have laws with special consideration and age restrictions where a relationship involves a person of authority over a minor; this includes but is not limited to, teachers, coaches, assistant coaches, or tutors.

Generally, the age of consent is 18 in these situations and the penalties for violation of these laws are more severe. These laws change, and can vary depending on other circumstances.

All you have to do is look at the reaction of the howler monkeys on this site to anything even remotely "Christian" and see that there's a problem.

I'm a case worker. I'm telling you, we see stuff every day that is far more out-there than this, and we absolutely don't get the army and move in.

Once again.
If the state is taking custody of girls who are underaged and pregnant, they should also take into custody a huge percentage of their clientele, who apply for foodstamps and medical EVERY DAY. But those girls get a pass. It doesn't matter where they're living or who with. I know families with 3 girls who all got pregnant when they were 14. I know of a family now where the girl is going to high school and has three children, and lives rent free in a trailer her father provides.

Nobody's telling me I should be investigating that situation. Know why? Because they aren't fundamentalists.

And you HAVEN'T called and talked to someone because???????

Not minors.
It never is. These girls almost always are impregnated by adults.

Evidence of this?

The state knows it. We have a "don't ask" policy. Just as abortion clinics do.
Which is proof in the pudding that this whole FLDS thing is a crock. The same people who are harassing them now absolutely don't pursue this sort of behavior as "evidence" of child abuse when any of their other clients engage in it.

Did they ask if they were having sex with men over the age of 18?

No. They didn't. Rather someone called to report abuse. You claim to be a case worker? Tell us all what happens if someone calls in a case of abuse. You don't ignore it because they aren't Christians. :rolleyes:

Ohh look only 9 girls under the age of 17 actually are listed by the State as having had sex or being married. What happened to that 30 something of 53? And explain again how that justifies seizing over 450 children.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080509/ap_on_re_us/polygamists_family_tree

States case gets weaker and weaker. But no worries they will just use family Court to keep the children by demanding the parents prove the children are not "brainwashed".

It actually says that nine of those listed as age 16 or 17, not nine of those under seventeen.

Three wives to reach the perfect heaven is required...I wonder what happens when they meet up with the muslims and their 72 virgins in heaven?

Some only complain because it is the "State" doing this action in America, in Iraq or Africa the rights of people don't matter quite as much. Curious how we can place things in boxes and think differently of the each.

It is the largest obstacle to people in the U.S. understanding a lot of what is really going on, except those who have ventured out.

I don’t think that religion has anything to do with it. It just happens that this religious group happened to have a lot of statutory rape, child abuse, etc. It could have been any group that engaged in this behavior. The Branch Dividian fiasco did not happen because David Koresh was the leader of an unusual church. It happened because authorities had reason to believe that there was abuse and illegal activity at the compound. You really should get over this notion that many people are getting persecuted or prosecuted because they follow a religion. Look. It is easier to catch criminals when there is a group of them than when you try to track down criminals individually one-by-one all over the place.

Really? I'm sure you have some evidence to back that up. All I've heard are allegations from two people..one of whom is probably going to be prosecuted for fabricating accusations, and the other who "can't be found". The only other allegations I've heard are about the guy who is now in prison, so he isn't there anymore.

Missed this. I suggest you read historical content. Kouresh was not raided for child abuse at all, those charges were fabricated weeks after the siege began by an FBI desperate to not look like total idiots.

The compound was raided by the BATF. ALCOHOL, Tabaco and Firearms. And the excuse used to raid them was so weak that as it came to light the now stuck FBI had to do damage control. The BATF claimed illegal gun buying was going on, that fully automatic weapons were present and that they had live Grenades. What they did not admit was that all the guns were LEGALLY purchased by several members that had Federal licenses to buy and sell firearms. The BATF secretly suspended the licenses just before the raid. The Grenades were empty shells, again, LEGALLY purchased and legally shipped. There was no evidence ever provided that any grenade had ever been assembled. And no real evidence that fully automatic weapons existed in the compound. No evidence any vehicle was even shot during the raid except from the parking lot ( as in the BATF team). The door which survived the fire was evidence. The BATF claimed that weapons fire coming from in the compound was fired through the door at them. The door however had no bullet holes originating from INSIDE the building. Guess what happened? The FBI "lost" the door from their evidence room. A completely intact front door was "lost"

If you are going to make claims please do us all the favor of researching what it is you are claiming.

Once again.

THe difference Allie, is that these girl have boyfriends and have sex with them. The parents have nothing to do with their situation. The girl goes out and screws her boyfriend and gets pregnant without the help of her parents. Alot of the times, the boyfriend gets registered as a sex-offender if he's over the age of 18. There's a big difference from the things you are suggesting and trying to make analogous. These kids were being placed (knowingly or unknowingly) in these situations where they could get pregnant or be abused. The girls in real society that have kids did so under there own actions AWAY from their parents. Now, the second the parents start soliciting there 15 year old to have sex, then there's a problem where the teen can be taken from the home.

As far as the family you know, did the parents invite the boy over and say, "Have sex with my daughter please. There's a bed upstairs."? If they didn't then they weren't facilitating the sex or alleged abuse. You should really think about analogies before you blurt them out on the board.

Forum List

Back