31 killed in Virginia

Emmett

Sep 1, 2005
Murrayville, Ga
Well I gotta tell ya I can't wait for the spin on this tragic, horrifying event that took place this am before most of America had awakened.

Who's fault will this be? GW because he advocates gun rights, right?

This event is nothing more than absolute proof to even an embalistic idiot that citizens NEED TO BE ARMED!!!!!!! A lone gunman (1 fucking individual) was able to meander his way throughout an entire campus killing at will while he was shot with what? Cellphones!!!!! Fucking Cellphones!!!!!!!! I dare one of you crybaby ass liberals to tell me that you think this was a result of Peoples right to own a gun. Those people died because of spineless folks who refuse to arm themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!

Had one of those teachers, professors or even a student, that's right a student would have had a small caliber handgun that was never mentioned or talked about, able to be used with precision and available, that lunatic would not have been able to do what he did! Yes when my granddaughter goes off to college she will most certainly have a handgun and be well trained to use it for the purpose of protecting herself.

I know I will be slaughtered here today with the opinion that I am over the edge. I very seldom start a thread. I am passionate about the right for a person to be able to properly defend themselves and it is a situation like this that brings it out in me. My soul is on fire at what happened this morning. I am absolutely crushed. I can only imagine the horror felt by all those families at the loss of their loved ones, children, fathers, mothers, etc,..... I am crying right now as I write this thread sitting here in the emergency lane of a highway in Houston Tx in my truck. I can't stand it!!!!!!

WHY DO WE CONTINUE TO LIVE IN THIS BLIND BEHAVIOR ABOUT GUNS. A dozen people were close enough to end that nightmare this morning but were armed with the wrong tools. A cellphonbe can't stop a mass murder. A gun can. I just wonder if the poor folks who suffered these losses today wished their loved one would have had a gun. I bet they do! I just bet they do!

31 people folks, THIRTY_ONE!!!!!!!!! I think every school teacher in the country should have a gun in his waisteline or her purse. Hidden, discreet, never talked about but known to killers. That worthless fuck would never had done that if he thought for a minute that the people he was going to kill had the ability to defend themselves. When will you liberals wake the fuck up and realize you are trying to disarm a nation!!!! Make us vulnerable to the first criminal who decides to walk the streets (maybe your neighborhood) killing at random. Where will it happen to you? Grocery Store, McDonald's, the Steakhouse maybe, your doctors office, where will you be when you suddendly hear gunfire from out of the blue. Suddendly you realize people are being shot all around you. You scamper for cover (cover from what). You hear one shot, a scream, a girgle, another, then another, then footsteps, they are getting louder, LOUDER, LOUDER, a gun cocks, your cover is kicked out of the way and all of a sudden you wish the fuck you had a gun, I guaren..damn..tee it! You are a damn liar if you say anything else and only your conscious knows I'm right.

The person who just killed your ass is not a legal, soveriegn American gun owner. It was a criminal killer. Removing guns from lawful American gun owners will not prevent this from happening it will multiply it!!!!!!!!!!!

The philosophy of taking guns from Americans is STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, spin it people. Who wishes one of those teachers would have had a gun and been able to use it properly?

Ask the surviving members of the families of those unfortunate Americans who were slaughtered this morning and see what they say.

Well I gotta tell ya I can't wait for the spin on this tragic, horrifying event that took place this am before most of America had awakened.

Who's fault will this be? GW because he advocates gun rights, right?

This event is nothing more than absolute proof to even an embalistic idiot that citizens NEED TO BE ARMED!!!!!!! A lone gunman (1 fucking individual) was able to meander his way throughout an entire campus killing at will while he was shot with what? Cellphones!!!!! Fucking Cellphones!!!!!!!! I dare one of you crybaby ass liberals to tell me that you think this was a result of Peoples right to own a gun. Those people died because of spineless folks who refuse to arm themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!

Had one of those teachers, professors or even a student, that's right a student would have had a small caliber handgun that was never mentioned or talked about, able to be used with precision and available, that lunatic would not have been able to do what he did! Yes when my granddaughter goes off to college she will most certainly have a handgun and be well trained to use it for the purpose of protecting herself.

I know I will be slaughtered here today with the opinion that I am over the edge. I very seldom start a thread. I am passionate about the right for a person to be able to properly defend themselves and it is a situation like this that brings it out in me. My soul is on fire at what happened this morning. I am absolutely crushed. I can only imagine the horror felt by all those families at the loss of their loved ones, children, fathers, mothers, etc,..... I am crying right now as I write this thread sitting here in the emergency lane of a highway in Houston Tx in my truck. I can't stand it!!!!!!

WHY DO WE CONTINUE TO LIVE IN THIS BLIND BEHAVIOR ABOUT GUNS. A dozen people were close enough to end that nightmare this morning but were armed with the wrong tools. A cellphonbe can't stop a mass murder. A gun can. I just wonder if the poor folks who suffered these losses today wished their loved one would have had a gun. I bet they do! I just bet they do!

31 people folks, THIRTY_ONE!!!!!!!!! I think every school teacher in the country should have a gun in his waisteline or her purse. Hidden, discreet, never talked about but known to killers. That worthless fuck would never had done that if he thought for a minute that the people he was going to kill had the ability to defend themselves. When will you liberals wake the fuck up and realize you are trying to disarm a nation!!!! Make us vulnerable to the first criminal who decides to walk the streets (maybe your neighborhood) killing at random. Where will it happen to you? Grocery Store, McDonald's, the Steakhouse maybe, your doctors office, where will you be when you suddendly hear gunfire from out of the blue. Suddendly you realize people are being shot all around you. You scamper for cover (cover from what). You hear one shot, a scream, a girgle, another, then another, then footsteps, they are getting louder, LOUDER, LOUDER, a gun cocks, your cover is kicked out of the way and all of a sudden you wish the fuck you had a gun, I guaren..damn..tee it! You are a damn liar if you say anything else and only your conscious knows I'm right.

The person who just killed your ass is not a legal, soveriegn American gun owner. It was a criminal killer. Removing guns from lawful American gun owners will not prevent this from happening it will multiply it!!!!!!!!!!!

The philosophy of taking guns from Americans is STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, spin it people. Who wishes one of those teachers would have had a gun and been able to use it properly?

Ask the surviving members of the families of those unfortunate Americans who were slaughtered this morning and see what they say.

5 hours and not one reply! I'm suprised

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K
Unlike you and the idiot numbers guy theorist, most posters are too horrified and shocked to try and make smalltalk at the moment.

5 hours and not one reply! I'm suprised

Most intelligent people do not wish to respond to the rantings of an insane psychopath. It offends them to read the shit that fills the screen as a result of the posting of a nutcase. This event proves just how insane conservatives are. There is no comprehension on their part of the fact that more people will die and college campuses will become less safe if they have their way. I did not respond to these posts earlier because I was sad at how evil those who advocated placing more guns in the hands of these type of people are. All because they want to be able to kill the killer after he has shot someone. It is obvious the original poster doesn't give a shit about the first victim. In fact, his position increases the liklihood of more "first victims dying" so that he can kill the shooter. If my child was the first person shot it wouldn't matter to me that this retards granddaughter shot the shooter because it would be his retarded ass who guaranteed that the shooter had the right to have a gun on a college campus. What's next? Everyone should have a gun in courtrooms because people can shoot the shooter after he kills the Judge? Conservatives are psychotic pieces of shit.

Unlike you and the idiot numbers guy theorist, most posters are too horrified and shocked to try and make smalltalk at the moment.

The libs and liberal media are starting their anti gun talking points

ABCNews.com Jumps to Push Gun Control; On TV Tapper Notes Greater Access Option
Posted by Brent Baker on April 16, 2007 - 20:25.
Monday afternoon ABCNews.com was quick to put up a speculative posting, without any real knowledge of what the shooter used, headlined, “Lapse of Federal Law Allows Sale of Large Ammo Clips” (NewsBusters item), and a bit later ABCNews.com posted an interactive poll with a very leading question: “Do you think this incident is a reason to pass stricter gun control legislation?” But in a World News story, while Jake Tapper highlighted calls for stricter gun laws, he also gave equal time to calls “for greater access to guns” so people can protect themselves and he undermined ABC's idle ammo clip posting by pointing out how since “politicians don't necessarily know the details” of what really occurred, “they don't know whether any laws were broken or any loopholes need to be closed.” Tapper also discredited the assumption of the unscientific ABCNews.com poll, citing how a Gallup survey found the public is “more inclined to blame these incidents on the ways parents raise their children or on popular culture than on the availability of guns.”

After recalling how following the Columbine shooting, then-President Bill Clinton “called for the Republican-controlled Congress to close the loophole. It did not, which still angers Marjorie Lindholm, at the time a Sophomore at Columbine,” Tapper pointed out how “a massacre in Texas in 1991 prompted a complete opposite reaction -- for greater access to guns” since a patron at the restaurant had to leave her gun in her car “so as not to violate the law against carrying a gun in public.”

Neither the CBS Evening News (at least in the first half of its one-hour broadcast, DC's CBS affiliate did not carry the second half), or the NBC Nightly News devoted a story to gun control or other remedies.

A “The Blotter” blog, run by ABC's investigative unit led by Brian Ross, at 2:30pm EDT posted: “Lapse of Federal Law Allows Sale of Large Ammo Clips.” An excerpt:

High capacity ammo clips became widely available for sale when Congress failed to renew a law that banned assault weapons....

Virginia law enforcement officials have not identified the weapon used in the shootings today at Virginia Tech, but gun experts say the number of shots fired indicate, at the very least, that the gunman had large quantities of ammunition.

"When you have a weapon that can shoot off 20, 30 rounds very quickly, you're going to have a lot more injuries," said Peter Hamm of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

The ABCNews.com home page, by late afternoon, asked: “As Seen on World News: Is Shooting Grounds for Gun Control?” Clicking on the link launched an interactive pop-up:

There are at least 29 confirmed dead in the shooting at Virginia Tech University, making it the worst campus shooting in American history. Law enforcement officials believe the gunman was firing at least two 9mm semi-automatic pistols.

Do you think this incident is a reason to pass stricter gun control legislation?

- Yes. This shows the violence that can occur when someone has access to handguns.

- No. Violent shootings are isolated incidents and it's irresponsible to link them to gun control.

- I'm not sure. I need more information.

Tapper's story on the April 16 World News:

“Gun violence on a campus, a reminder of that grim morning at Columbine High School eight years ago this week. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 24 others, before turning the guns on themselves that day. A public outcry followed. Violent video games and movies were blamed, as were goth culture, heavy metal music and bullying. Then-President Bill Clinton pushed for stricter gun control. Harris and Klebold bought their guns at a gun show, which are exempt from federal background check laws. So, Clinton called for the Republican-controlled Congress to close the loophole. It did not, which still angers Marjorie Lindholm, at the time a Sophomore at Columbine.”

Marjorie Lindholm, former Columbine student: “We're the ones who can change this and nothing's changed since Columbine. You know, and it does make me sick. It makes me physically ill.”

Tapper: “A massacre in Texas in 1991 prompted a complete opposite reaction -- for greater access to guns. At a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen, Texas, a gunman came in and killed 23 people. Suzanna Hupp who survived the attack, had left her handgun in her car, so as not to violate the law against carrying a gun in public. Convinced her parents might still be alive if she'd had her gun with her, Hupp led the change the law to allow Texans to carry concealed weapons. Whatever remedies they seek, Americans regularly react with revulsion to shootings such as today's, but so far these types of crimes have not fundamentally altered public opinion on guns. Polls show Americans support stricter gun control, but they are more inclined to blame these incidents on the ways parents raise their children [45% in Gallup poll shown on screen] or on popular culture [26%] than on the availability of guns [21%], a sentiment then-Governor Bush expressed in a presidential debate in 2000.”

Bush, October 11, 2000: “There seems to be a lot of preoccupation, not necessarily in this debate, butn just in general on law. But there's a larger law, love your neighbor like you'd like to be loved yourself.”

Tapper: “Americans seem skeptical, Charlie, that the evil intentions or actions of one man can necessarily be prevented by laws.”

Charles Gibson: “Jake, it's going to be some time in coming, I suspect, as we get reaction from law enforcement people around the country and from legislators about this. But has there been immediate reaction today?”

Tapper: “Nothing, in terms of any calls for action. People, politicians, don't necessarily know the details yet. They don't know whether any laws were broken or any loopholes need to be closed. So right now, there's just been an outpouring of sympathy and support.”

http://newsbusters.org/node/12075

This kind of in my back yard, I mean Hokies are as popular as the Terps. I'm wondering what the future brings because of this tragedy? Wasted time on the hill making grand plans to protect our kids from this kind of stuff? Hell we can't even protect our kids in public schools. Besides the tuitions rising nationally because of this; what is the answer? Hire ROBO~cop to keep order? I'm really mixed right now on this whole deal. Only good that came out of this situation was the gunman took his life and saved the taxpayers and the system time and money only to make him out to be mentally unfit. The part that will never be fully understood is how to fill the void of these lost children killed yesterday. I couldn't even grasp knowing my step daughter was killed or injured because of a wack job that got mad and wanted "them" to pay.
This will bring concerns over security at large universities and how to better protect students, teachers and innocent bystanders from future innocents like yesterday.

Here is how the liberal media reports this story

Attachments

• $2006-08-22.png
    $2006-08-22.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 85
WashPost Channels European Disgust at Tech Shooting: What Price Gun Rights?
Posted by Tim Graham on April 17, 2007 - 08:08.
The easiest place to find liberal disgust at American gun laws in Tuesday's Washington Post was in Kevin Sullivan's roundup of international reaction from London. The headline was "Shock, Sympathy, And Denunciation Of U.S. Gun Laws: British Newspaper Asks, 'What Price the Right to Bear Arms?'"

One British expert even claimed you could easily buy automatic weapons along with your yogurt and bologna at the supermarket:

"I think the reason it happens in America is there's access to weapons -- you can go into a supermarket and get powerful automatic weapons," Keith Ashcroft, a psychologist, told the Press Association. Ashcroft said he believed such access, along with a culture that makes gun ownership seem normal, increases the likelihood of such attacks in the United States.

Guns and butter? That might be true of a big chain store like a Target or Wal-Mart that has both, but "supermarket" isn't usually the term that comes to mind then. I can't buy an automatic weapon at the local Safeway. The psychologist's comment was preceded by this sentence: "In Britain, there was shock at the scale of the killings, but many people said they were not surprised, seeing the United States as a nation obsessed with guns, where firearms are easy to obtain." The article chronicled European disgust:

Early editions of Tuesday's London papers were dominated by huge headlines and photos of police hauling the wounded out of a building at Virginia Tech. "Executed at Uni," said the Daily Mirror, using British slang for university. The Daily Mail's headline, meanwhile, asked, "What price the right to bear arms?"

Gun ownership is strictly regulated in Britain. The Home Office, which is in charge of public safety, said gun crime accounts for less than half a percent of all crime recorded by police, according to the Press Association.

In a special report on BBC 24 Monday evening, a commentator, Gavin Hewitt, said mass murder on school campuses had become "part of the American landscape." The network showed video footage of Columbine High School in Colorado and the Amish shooting in Pennsylvania, and noted that the powerful U.S. gun lobby had blocked gun restrictions that Europeans regard as simple common sense. "Even after today's horrific tragedy, laws are unlikely to change," Hewitt said.

In France, news of the shootings dominated the Web pages of every major French newspaper. Bloggers responding to the reports overwhelmingly blamed the tragedy on what they called lax American rules on gun ownership.

"In France, it is incomprehensible for us to understand what could prompt someone to own a handgun," a blogger identified as Aliosha wrote on the Web site of the daily newspaper Liberation, adding that it is "the right (almost the duty) for each American to be able to obtain a weapon without much trouble."

I wonder if The Washington Post ever looks at a European social trend and interviews Americans to denounce how backwards the English or the French are for their laws. Or does the liberal press just aim to design a one-way street of denunciation to the American cavemen who have yet to adopt European laws wholesale?

http://newsbusters.org/node/12081

Gun control my ass! How about immigration control. Wasn't this nut job an exchange student? Immigration reform should be top priority. To hell with private education and money they are given for these programs. Let’s bring this home instead of making excuses. If the liberals and conservatives would work for real gun control laws that would keep the guns off the streets and out of thugs and whacko’s hands that would be a way of preserving the right to bear arms.
If the liberals and conservatives could work together to in act the immigration levels back to the 1960's we as a nation could better control our borders and keep out all these unwanted people that are a burden on our system. We could also make the jobs of the immigration workers in all aspects much easier to do. And restricting the amount of foreign students to our nation should be a priority when looking at the big picture. As we know this won't ever happen due to the amounts of money to be made and we also know without money you have chaos.

Gun control my ass! How about immigration control. Wasn't this nut job an exchange student? Immigration reform should be top priority. To hell with private education and money they are given for these programs. Let’s bring this home instead of making excuses. If the liberals and conservatives would work for real gun control laws that would keep the guns off the streets and out of thugs and whacko’s hands that would be a way of preserving the right to bear arms.
If the liberals and conservatives could work together to in act the immigration levels back to the 1960's we as a nation could better control our borders and keep out all these unwanted people that are a burden on our system. We could also make the jobs of the immigration workers in all aspects much easier to do. And restricting the amount of foreign students to our nation should be a priority when looking at the big picture. As we know this won't ever happen due to the amounts of money to be made and we also know without money you have chaos.

CNN First to Pursue Gun Control Angle With Virginia Tech Murders
Posted by Matthew Balan on April 17, 2007 - 17:26.
It’s not surprising that the mainstream media would quickly jump on the question of gun control in the wake of the mass shootings at Virginia Tech on Monday. On Tuesday, the second day for its new hosts, CNN’s "American Morning," broadcasting live from the Virginia Tech campus, jumped almost immediately on the gun control angle, citing from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, one of the leading gun control groups in America.

CNN correspondent Greg Hunter did two live reports on the guns that were used in the massacre during the competitive 7-9 am Eastern time slot. The first report, which came a mere 6 minutes after the top of the 7 am hour, cited that Virginia is "a state that is pretty easy to get a handgun, according to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence." Hunter then cited the reasons for this "finding" by the Brady Campaign, which included Virginia’s lack of a waiting period and no license requirements. He also cited the Brady Campaign’s advocacy of a "three-day background check."

In his second report, Hunter characterized one of the weapons used in the shootings, a Glock, as a "paramilitary weapon." He then repeated the Brady Campaign’s talking points about Virginia. He also contradicted what he had said earlier about gun shows in Virginia, stating that "there’s no checks at gun shows," when he had said in his first report that instant background checks are performed at gun shows. There was no mention of any gun rights group in either report.

A partial transcript of Greg Hunter’s first report, which started at 7:06 am EDT:

JOHN ROBERTS: I have read some reports that he may have purchased at least one of the guns on Friday the 13th, last Friday. Anything to confirm that?

GREG HUNTER: Nothing to confirm that, but this is a state that is pretty easy to get a handgun, according to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. You'll remember Jim Brady, who was shot in the head by John Hinckley at that failed assassination attempt in the early '80s. They say this is an easy state to get a gun in, only second only to the state of Georgia.

And the reason why, there's no waiting. You can walk in and get a gun that day. There's no license requirements, there are no -- where they have gun shows down here in the state, they don't really have any kind of background checks. At gun shows, they do have instant background checks to keep felons from getting guns. And also, someone from out of state with the right I.D., like me, can go out and buy a rifle. Not a handgun, but I can go out and buy a rifle today if I want."

ROBERTS: Right. But he had handguns.

HUNTER: He had handguns, that's correct.

ROBERTS: Right. Yes, I've been to a couple gun shows in the state of Virginia. I live here, and they always say, hey, it's easy to get the gun. Just a quick instant check.

Authorities say that gun dealers say that the insta-checks are enough to identify if anyone has a background of felonies. But what could they do to identify someone who perhaps had a grudge or had some reason to go commit violence as this person did yesterday?

We don't know if he had any kind of a felony background, but perhaps he didn't. Is there anything to stop a person like that from buying a gun in this state?"

HUNTER: That's just a great unknown. That really is a great unknown. And they tried to do the background checks, but who knows. It's one of those things.

ROBERTS: Yes. We should point out, too, the Bradys were advocating the three-day background check.

Also, the key part of Hunter’s second report, which started at 8:25 am EDT.

ROBERTS: Do we know more about how this student got a hold of these weapons or how he could in the State of Virginia get a hold of them?

HUNTER: Well, the State of Virginia has some pretty easy gun laws - that's according to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Now, just a little bit about the Brady Campaign. That is Jim Brady and Sarah Brady founded this. Jim Brady, of course, was the White House press secretary shot in the head by John Hinckley, and they say this is the second easiest state to get a gun, a handgun or a rifle. In this case, a handgun. There is no waiting. There's no license required. But if you get a license, you can buy more than one gun. That's the caveat there. Also, there's no checks at gun shows, and somebody from out of state could buy a rifle. That's neither here or there.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12100

New Topics

Forum List

Back