31 American Troops Killed In Afghanistan...

Yes it does seem that Seal Team 6 has been decimated in this attack. How did this happen? How did the Taliban know where to find these guys? This smells of an inside job for sure. Afghans had to be involved in revealing the location of this chopper.

That's bad but this is the unnecessary war Bush started. This is war and people die in wars.
A slight disagreement. The war in Afghanistan was completely necessary. If a mistake was made there, it was when the Bush administration diverted our military forces to Iraq in 2003 before the Afghan war as wrapped up. Now we are almost having to start over again there.

It is important that we do the job right so we don't have to go back in 5 or 10 years.

What are you babbling about now?

Draft? I do recall Democrats wanted a stupid draft...

Another idiot....

"Bush started this war." Yeah, Bush was behind 9/11, right?

Oh, it was only Bush that wanted to get back at those behind 9/11.

Liberals weren't claiming Afghanistan was the "legit" war during the 2008 election?

You asshole just make things up week to week trying to look smart.

How many of the dead were draftees?

My point is none of the 31 were drafted into the military, they all joined of their own accord. Most had probably re-upped and knew the dangers they were facing. Their service and memory deserves more then yours and others partisan blame games.

Actually, we never left Afghanistan we just handed over most of the mission under NATO.

That is exactly what liberals claim we should do, fight wars in an alliance/coalition. Of course, it's Bush's fault that NATO can't get the job done...eh?

It must be Bush's fault NATO is screwing up in Libya too, eh?

That's bad but this is the unnecessary war Bush started. This is war and people die in wars.
A slight disagreement. The war in Afghanistan was completely necessary. If a mistake was made there, it was when the Bush administration diverted our military forces to Iraq in 2003 before the Afghan war as wrapped up. Now we are almost having to start over again there.

It is important that we do the job right so we don't have to go back in 5 or 10 years.

Yes it does seem that Seal Team 6 has been decimated in this attack. How did this happen? How did the Taliban know where to find these guys? This smells of an inside job for sure. Afghans had to be involved in revealing the location of this chopper.

Possible, but not necessarily. It could have just been bad luck. The Chinook is noisy. If someone with the right equipment, such as an SA-7 or -9 shoulder-launched anti-aircraft missile or modified RPG, happened to be close enough to it when it flew over, that's all it would take.

You're just a typical liberal that doesn't make sense. You try to divert blame on Obama that you threw at Bush with some lame "they weren't drafted" BS. I was just pointing out how you're full of shit and hypocrites.

Sure they weren't drafted, I should know given my job (hint, hint). You would be amazed at my proximity to them.

Obama wasn't responsible for them dying just Bush wasn't for others before them, but don't let that ruin your stupid thoughts in your little head. We can point out your stupidity and hypocrisy if we like, especially when we are "in the game" and you aren't.

My point is none of the 31 were drafted into the military, they all joined of their own accord. Most had probably re-upped and knew the dangers they were facing. Their service and memory deserves more then yours and others partisan blame games.

I've never liked the Chinook for dangerous inserts, it is big and loud. A blackhawk is better but it carries less people, so someone soldout stealth for a larger strike force onboard.

Possible, but not necessarily. It could have just been bad luck. The Chinook is noisy. If someone with the right equipment, such as an SA-7 or -9 shoulder-launched anti-aircraft missile or modified RPG, happened to be close enough to it when it flew over, that's all it would take.

Yea i hear ya but what are the odds it just happened to be Seal Team 6? This one just doesn't pass the smell-test. Something's wrong with this picture.

Actually, we never left Afghanistan we just handed over most of the mission under NATO.

That is exactly what liberals claim we should do, fight wars in an alliance/coalition. Of course, it's Bush's fault that NATO can't get the job done...eh?

It must be Bush's fault NATO is screwing up in Libya too, eh?
No. Of course not.

Of all the über-right wingers I know who advocate that we send our troops to be the world's policemen, not a single one of them has ever been in the service themselves. They're chickenhawks. I guess waving the flag and chanting "War! War! WAR!!!" makes them think they are patriotic.

Yea i hear ya but what are the odds it just happened to be Seal Team 6? This one just doesn't pass the smell-test. Something's wrong with this picture.

First, I have no idea how many SEALs are in SEAT team 6. Second, SEAL team 6 is involved in extremely hazardous operations all the time. Eventually the odds catch up to everyone.

FWIW, the helicopter shot down belonged to the 160th SOAR. Not a good day for our side.

AP sources: Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6 - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee
WASHINGTON -- The Associated Press has learned that more than 20 Navy SEALs from the unit that killed Osama bin Laden were among those lost in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

The operators from SEAL Team Six were flown by a crew of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. That's according to one current and one former U.S. official. Both spoke on condition of anonymity because families are still being notified of the loss of their loved ones.

One source says the team was thought to include 22 SEALs, three Air Force air controllers, seven Afghan Army troops, a dog and his handler, and a civilian interpreter, plus the helicopter crew.

The sources thought this was the largest single loss of life ever for SEAL Team Six, known as the Naval Special Warfare Development Group.

The reports are that over 20 of the victims were SEALs from DEVGRU, commonly known as SEAL Team VI.

This one is especially hard to accept for all Americans. Only a few months after getting Bin Laden,Seal Team 6 is now gone.

365 Coalition Troops killed this year? Man,that's a lot. I didn't realize the casualties were that high this year. Our MSM doesn't seem very interested in covering the Afghan War much. I'm really not sure why.
The ‘MSM’ merely reflect public opinion, and the public has tuned-out the war. The ‘MSM’ are businesses, they follow the money and ‘report’ on what generates ratings and profit, just like any other business. It’s a textbook example of the free market at work.
This is true. I've always said the "Anti-War Left" are by far the biggest frauds in America. Where are all those 'Human Shields' they sent over to save Saddam Hussein? Not seeing them being sent over to save ole Gaddafi huh? Why not? Do the Math. It's all about that 'D' & 'R' thing for these people.

The ‘human shields’ from the Gulf War had nothing to do with the ‘left.’ Progressives have been consistent opponents of Iraq and Afghanistan with both GWB and Obama in the WH.

I've never liked the Chinook for dangerous inserts, it is big and loud. A blackhawk is better but it carries less people, so someone soldout stealth for a larger strike force onboard.

Being the crack operations guys you claim to be, you would certainly know that TF 160 was undoubtedly flying these Chinooks and that their platforms are a little *ahem* different then the typical fair.

I would assume you would also know that, in a mountainous region like Wardak, the C-47 is one of the few platforms that has the horsepower to get around the Mountains in that part of the country.

Either way, this is a bad deal. The mission is still inherently dangerous and helicopter operations in that country is a very dangerous undertaking. I was almost in a crash on a routine flight to Bagram.

My condolences to the families of the fallen. American and Afghan.

I really hope that this isn't some sort of backhanded way of implying that since they volunteered, and weren't drafted, that their death is somehow less tragic or more deserving
:doubt:

This one is especially hard to accept for all Americans. Only a few months after getting Bin Laden,Seal Team 6 is now gone.

I vehemently disagree. Yes, this is a tragedy, but you can't kill an idea. You can't kill an attitude. Yes, SEALs are mortal, but the spirit of what makes a SEAL, a Green Beret or any other American who is willing to put their life on the line for their country lives on. No rocket, bullet or any other weapon can kill that idea until the last American willing to fight for it is dead.

Forum List

Back