30yrs Of Helping Us Out/18 Days For Us to Sell Him Out...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
I know everyone has their own take on this Egyptian Revolt but i think it's important to point out just how much our own U.S. Government sold Mubarak out. It sure didn't take our Government very long to throw him under the bus huh? The man spent 30yrs helping us out yet it took our Government just 18 Days to completely sell the man out. What does that say about own Country and our Foreign Policy? Something to ponder i guess. :eusa_think:

I know everyone has their own take on this Egyptian Revolt but i think it's important to point out just how much our own U.S. Government sold Mubarak out. It sure didn't take our Government very long to throw him under the bus huh? The man spent 30yrs helping us out yet it took our Government just 18 Days to completely sell the man out. What does that say about own Country and our Foreign Policy? Something to ponder i guess. :eusa_think:

You do realize he was a brutal Dictator responsible for very harsh treatment of his people right?

No i didn't realize that. I know i'm hearing an awful lot of propaganda on that now though. I've heard propaganda before so i'm not so easily convinced. I do know the man stuck his neck out for us over there for 30yrs. And in return we gave him just 18 Days before we completely sold him out. Who can really trust the U.S. Government anymore?

Last edited:
No i didn't realize that.

Now you do. He was a brutal dictator who enriched himself, his family and his cronies on the backs of an Egyptian populace that was under his oppressive thumb and remained poor.

You didn't hear about this much b/c he was also a good stooge for the US - so our government and our so-called independent media didn't tell you the bad parts.

He was a thug. He's still a thug. Good fucking riddance to him. And all respect to the people of Egypt who stood strong against oppression, displayed undo patience and toppled a government without mass violence.

You do realize he was a brutal Dictator responsible for very harsh treatment of his people right?

So much more reason for Libo to love him.

So much more reason for Libo to love him.
Remember when ""spreadin' 'mocracy was the Republican meme? Boy, that sure died fast.

The people are always right

Just took Mubarak a while to figure it out

How he treated his people is inconsequential, according to LibNow.... the only people who matter are Americans.

Whether this revolution will be the start of a new democracy or an opportunity for a power grab by extremists remains to be seen. The Iranians lived to regret theirs.

Yeah what Cali said. Mubarak was a shitty "President". And shit is shit, but some shits smell worse than others. What if he gets replaced by someone who makes him look like Mary Poppins? Wait and see I guess.

The following article shows prominent conservatives really don't agree with the premise of this thread.

Did Obama Help Oust Mubarak?
<snip>

"If I were the president, I would not want to take credit" for Mubarak's departure, said Boston University international relations professor Arthur Hulnick, a former Air Force and CIA intelligence officer.

Indeed, at his last news conference as White House spokesman, Robert Gibbs underscored that the challenges facing Egypt are "not going to be solved here. We will continue to play a constructive role in helping this process along but this started with the Egyptian people and it will end with the Egyptian people."

Hulnick said it wasn't just the White House that was left irate and flummoxed by Mubarak's surprise speech Thursday in which he defied all expectations that he would step down. Egypt's military was not willing to deal with the fallout in the streets sparked by Mubarak's stubborn refusal to leave.

"Somebody said to him 'This is a mistake. You're out.' I suspect it was one of the generals," Hulnick said.

Yes, administration officials and envoys worked the phones to gently push Mubarak out. And Defense Secretary Robert Gates did tell Egypt's defense minister, Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, that the United States would not lift a finger to keep Mubarak in power, Hulnick said.

"Whether we were the major influence, though, I'm sure not," Hulnick said. "Mubarak understood that no one was going to stand by him and he had no choice" but to leave.

"Ultimately, this was about Egypt and not the United States," said Michael Rubin, a Middle East expert at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. "Had Obama sided with the protesters initially, rather than tried to straddle the fence, the United States would have far greater leverage now."

<snip>

The libertarian Cato Institute congratulated Obama for staying out of "a purely internal matter" and not caving to calls by some for a "heavy-handed U.S. role in this whole affair."

Mubarak Resigns: Did Obama Help Oust Egyptian President?

So here we have the Cato Institute and American Enterprise Institute basically disagree that Obama's influence had much to do with this.
This entire event was the wish of the people for democracy, something the USA has pushed worldwide for decades.

Last edited:

How he treated his people is inconsequential, according to LibNow.... the only people who matter are Americans.

Whether this revolution will be the start of a new democracy or an opportunity for a power grab by extremists remains to be seen. The Iranians lived to regret theirs.

Speaking of Iran? Apparently there has been another movement in the wind as of late?

Iran Presses Opposition to Refrain From Rally <NYT

yeah, NY Times...but a question remains? Why did Obama tell us a couple years ago during a prior amount of protesting by Iranians, that we can't get involved...?

Why was Egypt any different?

Is "LibocalypseNow really suggesting that America's interests are best served by linking US foeirgn policy in the region to an 83 year old (born May 4, 1928), "unpopular," dictator who was President of Egypt for 30 years (1981-2011)?

Egypt has been the 2nd largest recipient of US foreign aid during that period, but how of much of those billions of dollars have ever filtered their way down to inprove the lives of the average citizen?

If "LibocalypseNow" and his fellow conservatives want to point fingers, why don't they start with the Egyptian military? Hosni Mubarak was a former Air Chief Marshal, but the current Egyptian military knew enough to remain on the sidelines and let this grassroots "revolution" run its course.

Last edited:
I see no reason to trust the U.S. Government ever again. That guy really did stick his neck out for us for a long 30yrs. And we repay him with just 18 Days? Aggressive Foreign Interventionism just doesn't work. Clearly we'll throw anyone under the bus if we think it's convenient. We're not the good guys. We lose either way. Time to bring all our cash and soldiers home from the entire Middle East. Don't hold your breath waiting for that though. :(

I see no reason to trust the U.S. Government ever again. That guy really did stick his neck out for us for a long 30yrs. And we repay him with just 18 Days? Aggressive Foreign Interventionism just doesn't work. Clearly we'll throw anyone under the bus if we think it's convenient. We're not the good guys. We lose either way. Time to bring all our cash and soldiers home from the entire Middle East. Don't hold your breath waiting for that though. :(

He did. There's no denying that. I have been in that country twice as the Guest of that Government in the early 1980's.

Yea, it would be excellent sense to bring the guys stationed out on the Sinai home right now.... cuz Egypt is so stable right now. Seriously, do you ever engage in some critical thinking? What a fucking idiot.

Yea, it would be excellent sense to bring the guys stationed out on the Sinai home right now.... cuz Egypt is so stable right now. Seriously, do you ever engage in some critical thinking? What a fucking idiot.

no but I think his point is apt ala the house of saud and israel.

No i didn't realize that. I know i'm hearing an awful lot of propaganda on that now though. I've heard propaganda before so i'm not so easily convinced. I do know the man stuck his neck out for us over there for 30yrs. And in return we gave him just 18 Days before we completely sold him out. Who can really trust the U.S. Government anymore?

It's not propaganda my friend. Them are the facts. Just what do you think the people are protesting over there?

Mubarak is a Military Dictator. He has carried out several harsh crack downs on his opposition through out the years.

That said, I am no lefty loon. I understand the cold hard fact is he was the lesser evil as there has never been some promising, Benevolent, Democratic leader to support. Mubarak is just one of a long line of less than desirable leaders we have supported through out the world for one reason or another.

Last edited:

Name one Arab country there isn't a "brutal" dictator! Ruling with a strong hand in the Arab world is needed in order to keep the Islamofacist Nutjobs from taking over the country! Watch the large Christian community in Egypt. They will be immigrating in droves to America. In will be under 1% by 2015 foresure!

Name one Arab country there isn't a "brutal" dictator! Ruling with a strong hand in the Arab world is needed in order to keep the Islamofacist Nutjobs from taking over the country! Watch the large Christian community in Egypt. They will be immigrating in droves to America. In will be under 1% by 2015 foresure!

That 'young democracy', as Bush called it, in Iraq...

...lol

Forum List

Back