300 Tons of WMD???

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Working Man, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Working Man

Working Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    think about it, 300 tons is of high explosives gives a lot of shxx heads the opportunity to take a lot of lives, in lots of parts of the world. That is 6000 pounds. Since it only takes 1 pound to knock a 747 from the sky, there is enough to be used in any part of the world.

WITH THAT IN MIND,, OK, GW and the boys F'ed up when the material was not secured, but,,, seems to indicate that there were WMD on hand in Iraq AFTERALL,, just not in the form we were looking for. Taking high explosives for granted was a trajic mistake on the coalition forces part.

Failing to admit that this stuff could be used to hurt Americans, innocent Iraquis, etc by the dope from Massachussets. JK is playing the armchair warrior, and US media, like a pro. Unfortunately, he may end up elected...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    High explosives are not necessarily what the administration defined as weapons of mass destruction. Very dangerous, but semantically, not WMD.

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    LOL! :)

psst!! here's a secret... ;)

The UN 'secured and labelled' the munitions; which were gone before the US launched the invasion. ;)

4. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    FYI, 300 tons is 600,000 lbs of explosives. And as -=d=- has stated, it turns out that apparently the U.S. military never had possession of these explosives, so therefore the U.S. military didn't lose them.

5. Fmr jarhead

Fmr jarhead Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    OK...one more time. The explosives were not there when the US troops got there. How could that be the responsibility of GWB? There was an NBC reporter embedded with the troops that rolled in to Al Qaqaa weapons depot on 10 April 2003. Wasn't the day before the US troops took over Baghdad?

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Al QaQaa? The Ka-ka? The Poop?

Interesting... :)

7. Fmr jarhead

Fmr jarhead Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    This pretty much sums up the arguement.....

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    380 tons of explosives is not something you can hide in a briefcase and once you have them you can't just stack them in your closet either. If we use the now famous Kerry logic regarding such things, since they are not there now they must not have existed and posed no threat anyway.

9. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The 380 tons of explosives, as I'm sure we all in the message board are aware, did not disappear just a couple of days ago, but actually days before we actually invaded Iraq. The question I have is; if 380 tons of explosives were able to be taken just days before we invaded Iraq, then doesn't it seem likely that WMD could have also disappeared prior to our invasion?

I heard Rush mention this, but I think the republicans need to play a little on that. It seems logical to me. I actually am more convinced now of the possibility there was WMD in Iraq, but was removed prior to our invasion, than I was prior to this misleading story by CBS and the NY Times.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. gaffer

gaffer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Its just cbs trying to stir shit up against bush again with a little help from that wonderful world organization the un. Which is trying to influence our election.