300-pound inmate complains Ark. jail doesn't feed him well

dread

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
BENTONVILLE, Ark. - An inmate awaiting trial on a murder charge is suing the county, complaining he has lost more than 100 pounds because of the jailhouse menu.

Broderick Lloyd Laswell says he isn't happy that he's down to 308 pounds after eight months in the Benton County jail. He has filed a federal lawsuit complaining the jail doesn't provide inmates with enough food.

According to the suit, Laswell weighed 413 pounds when he was jailed in September. Police say he and a co-defendant fatally beat and stabbed a man, then set his home on fire. The suit also asks that the county be ordered to serve hot meals. The jail has served only cold food for years.

The meals, provided through Aramark Correctional Institution Services, average 3,000 calories a day, jail Capt. Hunter Petray told The Morning News of northwest Arkansas for a story Saturday

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080427/ap_on_fe_st/odd_jail_diet

:wtf:

What a loser!

BENTONVILLE, Ark. - An inmate awaiting trial on a murder charge is suing the county, complaining he has lost more than 100 pounds because of the jailhouse menu.

Broderick Lloyd Laswell says he isn't happy that he's down to 308 pounds after eight months in the Benton County jail. He has filed a federal lawsuit complaining the jail doesn't provide inmates with enough food.

According to the suit, Laswell weighed 413 pounds when he was jailed in September. Police say he and a co-defendant fatally beat and stabbed a man, then set his home on fire. The suit also asks that the county be ordered to serve hot meals. The jail has served only cold food for years.

The meals, provided through Aramark Correctional Institution Services, average 3,000 calories a day, jail Capt. Hunter Petray told The Morning News of northwest Arkansas for a story Saturday

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080427/ap_on_fe_st/odd_jail_diet

:wtf:

What a loser!

Question is, would you be willing to be an anppreciable amount of money that he loses the lawsuit? I wouldn't.

Guuny,

I dont think he should be allowed to be able to do that kind of lawsuit. PERIOD! I mean for God's sakes the taxpayers have already made him a healthier man. And now he wants to bitch and moan about it AND get paid?!?!

That's fucked up.

Guuny,

I dont think he should be allowed to be able to do that kind of lawsuit. PERIOD! I mean for God's sakes the taxpayers have already made him a healthier man. And now he wants to bitch and moan about it AND get paid?!?!

That's fucked up.

Our legal "system," such as it is, exists to reward jerks like this, and punish the rest of us. Lawsuits are filed every day over the most crazy crap.

Forum List

Back