Discussion in 'Economy' started by AmericasBrave58, Jan 21, 2010.
To Control National Debt, Congress Needs to Tackle Entitlements
America is going down the Tube!!!!
IMHO the impending insolvency of SS and Medicare are an emergency that requires decisive action now, not in the future after yet another commission whines about the situation. There was the Greenspan Commission, then there was the Moynihan Commission, and now the "Obama Commission". SS will be bankrupt in 2030 and Medicare in 2017. We simply don't have time to waste.
These are the action-items that I want implemented:
1. The MSM needs to join together to promote the issue instead of sweeping it under the rug. We need the MSM to applaud reasonable solutions and to vilify those who oppose reasonable solutions. The options are well known (just google "fix medicare" or "fix social security")
2. I want all those who did not contribute to SS & Medicare thrown off the system. I want all illegals found out and deported.
3. I want ALL US citizens to contribute to SS & Medicare even if they have their own pension plan. Too many are excused from contributing. Also, they need to tax private Cadillac pension and medical plan benefits.
4. As a compromise, I can see a split between raising contributions and cutting benefits, if this means higher co-pays and that saves Medicare, fine.
5. We need to lower medical costs, the quickest way I know is Tort Reform. If we protect doctors from exorbitant malpractice insurance rates, and that keeps more experienced doctors practicing, that should improve medical service.
Separate names with a comma.