300 Million Reasons To Worry?

Are you serious?

Really?

I am just... I'm....I just do NOT know what to say.

Turkey and Jordan are secular. SA is run by Wahibbists who aren't really Wahibbists (their real god is money), Libya is in from the cold, Egypt is run by a despotic moderate (an oxymoron I know), Lebanon is like a Tiger with no teeth or paws.

Israel has Western values but has never traditional been put in the western "group" of nations...

Turkey and Jordan are secular. SA is run by Wahibbists who aren't really Wahibbists (their real god is money), Libya is in from the cold, Egypt is run by a despotic moderate (an oxymoron I know), Lebanon is like a Tiger with no teeth or paws.

Israel has Western values but has never traditional been put in the western "group" of nations...

There is no such thing as secular when it comes to Islam. The Wahhabist argument is only used by liberals who want to blame 9/11 on Bush because of his supposed family connections to the Saudi Royal family. That's nothing more than an extention of the "neocons-were-behind-9/11" argument. Wahhabism also gives Muslims a good out, they just blame everything on these so-called Wahhabists. Wahhabists don't even call themselves Wahhabists.

If Israel has never been considered part of Western civilization, that's new to me. It's the only democratic country in the Middle East.

There is no such thing as secular when it comes to Islam. The Wahhabist argument is only used by liberals who want to blame 9/11 on Bush because of his supposed family connections to the Saudi Royal family. That's nothing more than an extention of the "neocons-were-behind-9/11" argument. Wahhabism also gives Muslims a good out, they just blame everything on these so-called Wahhabists. Wahhabists don't even call themselves Wahhabists.

If Israel has never been considered part of Western civilization, that's new to me. It's the only democratic country in the Middle East.

You could argue Ireland and Italy are not secular Christian countries either. Please connect the dots re Wahhabists and liberals re 9-11. I have no idea what you are talking about. What do the Wahhibists call themselves? When King Fahd died he was buried out in the desert without any markers as per tradition. To be fair, I don't know a lot about the sect, only what I read when Fahd died..

Originally posted by nt250

The only place in the world where Israel reflects the western democratic values is inside the twisted minds of the super patriots of this message board.

In the minds of serious political thinkers Israel reflects the values of South Africa under apartheid.

José;488836 said:
The only place in the world where Israel reflects the western democratic values is inside the twisted minds of the super patriots of this message board.

In the minds of serious political thinkers Israel reflects the values of South Africa under apartheid.

Jose, may I ask where it is that you live? Thanks

Originally posted by Stephanie
Jose, may I ask where it is that you live? Thanks

Sure you can, Stephanie : )

I live in the south of Brazil.

There are militants in all those countries, but the people who run those countries (perhaps with the exception of Syria) pose no threat to the west.

Israel is hard to characterise and is not part of what is traditionally called Western Civilisation. I think there are quite a few Muslim countries who couldn't give a toss about the place.

If radical Islamists turn off the oil spiggots in the gulf I got a feeling that there would be a huge impact on western civilization. These wackos wouldn't mind shooting themselves in the foot. They blow themsleves up regularly.

If radical Islamists turn off the oil spiggots in the gulf I got a feeling that there would be a huge impact on western civilization. These wackos wouldn't mind shooting themselves in the foot. They blow themsleves up regularly.

The whackos who blow themselves up only do so once; it is the whackos who DON'T blow themselves up that create all the problems!

So you don't think they would use oil as a weapon against the West if they could?

Of course they would...and do. OPEC maintains control through regulating production. They have a problem though. IF they are too restrictive and begin to strangle the West, their funding suffers as well. Such an effort could also backfire on them and force the West to seriously seek alternative energy sources which could very likey end up in making oil far less valuable. None of that would happen overnight but the end result would be a very big gamble for them. Would the West crumble before finding alternatives or (worse) forcibly taking the oil reserves through military intervention? Could the West develop and implement a viable alternative in enough time to avoid collapse and eventually replace the need for oil?

Forum List

Back