30 years of climate alarmism fail!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
To celebrate 30 years of dire prediction failure, we must take a look back at all the hideously bozo/goofball predictions made about the imminent demise of the human condition...........

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/25/after-30-years-alarmists-are-still-predicting-a-global-warming-apocalypse/

The most interesting is the 2nd letter this year by the Union of Concerned Scientists.........that we are facing dire consequences. Problem is, these same jackasses made similar predictions in 1992 and none of it came to fruition.

The litany listed is pretty hysterical and a must read if one is a climate skeptic. These alarmists routinely put a shotgun in their mouths and pull the trigger with these idiot statements. But we sure do like to point it out in here, do we not?:deal::funnyface::funnyface:

I still prefer aerosol cans and throw them in the burn barrel when they're empty. Burning a tire is also a yearly tradition on Earth Day.

Haven't been cooked by a hole in the ozone layer yet.

Apocolyptic warnings.........the planet will soon be uninhabitable..........."2015 the last chance to stop an apocalypse".......France foreign minister "we have 500 days to stop climate chaos"...........Canada's green party, "We have only hours to stop global warming"...........UN top climate scientist says in 2007, "We have but 4 years to save the world"............Environmentalists in 2002 said we had "one decade to go green or risk catastrophy"............

ghey :gay:

At least we can be thankful that the public has noted the scam. Since 2006, concern from people who vote is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. In fact, in terms of voter concerns, in all the polls it now ranks next to last or dead last out of about 20 concerns.( next to gun control btw :bye1: ).

Who's not winning??:deal::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Well, I give you this. You concentrate on the dingbats that claim it is all going to end in a decade or less, we tend to use people like those in this board to define deniers. LOL

30 years of predicting calamities......dang.......I have been inaccurately posting it has been about 20+ years. But also have been saying that they need to change to a Plan B. All this end of times shit has turned people off and we know that given the polls ( the one's that poll only likely voters ). Been in a downward spiral since just about 2 years after the Gore movie......not even debatable.:up:

To celebrate 30 years of dire prediction failure, we must take a look back at all the hideously bozo/goofball predictions made about the imminent demise of the human condition...........

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/25/after-30-years-alarmists-are-still-predicting-a-global-warming-apocalypse/

The most interesting is the 2nd letter this year by the Union of Concerned Scientists.........that we are facing dire consequences. Problem is, these same jackasses made similar predictions in 1992 and none of it came to fruition.

The litany listed is pretty hysterical and a must read if one is a climate skeptic. These alarmists routinely put a shotgun in their mouths and pull the trigger with these idiot statements. But we sure do like to point it out in here, do we not?:deal::funnyface::funnyface:
I am NOT a liberal shill. I voted for Trump. Because I want to oppose irrational liberals. I oppose ignorance by anyone. Please, end this stupidity. Global warming is man made. It's not a political thing anymore, kids.

And I am a liberal. But I never saw global warming as a political issue. All societies, democratic or dictatorial have contributed to it. When I was first introduced to the subject in the mid-60's, the grad student made a number of predictions to the class. The professor stated that while he did not think that there was an issue, the student had presented well founded evidence, and it was too bad that none of us would live to 2100 to see if the predictions had substance. Most of those predictions have already come to pass.

It is a simple physics. CO2 and CH4, and water vapor, absorb longwave IR in certain bands, and, when you add any of them, more of the outgoing IR is absorbed, and the heat is retained in the atmosphere, water, and earth. Hardly a political issue. And, now that both wind and solar are cheaper by the price per kw/hr of electricity produced than other sources, and still going down, the solution is not political, but economic. Trying to make this political can only backfire on the GOP.

I am NOT a liberal shill. I voted for Trump. Because I want to oppose irrational liberals. I oppose ignorance by anyone. Please, end this stupidity. Global warming is man made. It's not a political thing anymore, kids.

Ummm..........hate to break it to you, but its 100% political. Governments will ALWAYS make decisions on energy based upon one thing and one thing only: costs. This is why virtually every projection out to 2050 has renewables anywhere between 10% and 16% for providing us electricity ( very few project 16%......for 10 years, our own government predicts around 11% ).

So whether its man-made or not, its making no difference in the real world. You might say, the science debate is more of a hobby than anything. Anywhere you look, nobody is impressed = 100% political.:bye1: C'mon now.......the "scientists" have been saying for 20 years that global warming is man-made.........but solar energy over that time has grown from providing 0.2% of our energy to a whopping 1.5%. I guess some consider that real impressive...........idk...........I don't.:popcorn:

Oh.....and it is pretty funny to me that progressives who support mega-expenditures on renewables are also anti-pro-growth on economic policy:eek-52:.:ack-1::eek-52: Its a contradiction in terms and don't think these people recognize it. One thing is absolutely certain..........if we plod along at 1% growth rates like the last 10 years, sure as I sit here, renewable energy will ALWYAS be a niche market only.

solar-price-drop-installations.jpg

Lazard-Solar-Wind-Prices-LCOE-3-1.png

5. 99% of new electricity generation capacityadded in the US in Q1 2016 came from renewable energy sources, 64% from solar. (Findings from my report, linked above, were confirmed by GTM Research & SEIA.)
10 Solar Energy Facts & Charts You (& Everyone) Should Know

Winning. LOL

Really? You seem to think like a liberal. I think man made global warming is a political scam...and I oppose ignorance as well. To prove my point, let me illustrate the level of ignorance you just exhibited in making that statement.

I say, unequivocally, that you can't provide a single piece of observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the man made climate change hypothesis over natural variability.

I further state, again, unequivocally, that you can't provide a single measurement made with an instrument at ambient temperature that establishes a coherent link between the absorption of IR by a gas and warming in the atmosphere.

That being said, and the fact that you can't provide a single shred of the sort of data that I just asked for, I would ask upon what basis do you believe that global warming is man made? Because someone told you so? Did you bother to ask them for some actual evidence to support their claims? It would seem that you are the worst sort of ignorant and yet, you claim to oppose ignorant. Square that with the reality please.

Really? You seem to think like a liberal. I think man made global warming is a political scam...and I oppose ignorance as well. To prove my point, let me illustrate the level of ignorance you just exhibited in making that statement.

I say, unequivocally, that you can't provide a single piece of observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the man made climate change hypothesis over natural variability.

I further state, again, unequivocally, that you can't provide a single measurement made with an instrument at ambient temperature that establishes a coherent link between the absorption of IR by a gas and warming in the atmosphere.

That being said, and the fact that you can't provide a single shred of the sort of data that I just asked for, I would ask upon what basis do you believe that global warming is man made? Because someone told you so? Did you bother to ask them for some actual evidence to support their claims? It would seem that you are the worst sort of ignorant and yet, you claim to oppose ignorant. Square that with the reality please.

Well said.........winning!!!:rock::rock:

These people cant square the reality.......you are correct. They just cant. Most fascinating is this dead spot for not being able to recognize that all the scientific promulgations haven't mattered in changing anybodys mind in terms of energy policy, so really, the point is rather moot. Fossil fuels are dominating the energy landscape and there is zero evidence of that changing anytime soon. These people aren't much different than the Jim Jones cult back in the 1970's............quite out of touch with reality.......and in a perpetual state of it too!!:deal:

These people might as well be in here yelling about THIS >>> Nuke blasts reveal true size of neutron stars | Cosmos

.......about as much impact in the real world as screaming about climate change.:up:

Imagine running a TV commercial for 25 years straight and selling virtually zero products..........its the same thing!!!:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back