30 Rock the t.v. show couldn't be made today...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am watching 30 Rock a second time through.....nothing much else on anywhere else......and it occurred to me that this show could not be made today.

Alec Baldwin is great in it...very funny, as is Tina Fey, the Show's creator.....

The jokes target everyone......and I mean everyone......they are funny, and as a conservative, since they target everyone, the jokes about conservatives are funny too......

Sadly, I am awaiting the day when Tina Fey is marched up the steps to the Woke Guillotine........she makes fun of blacks, whites, rednecks, handicapped people, women, men, gays, straights.....and it is actually funny......

Sanford & Son
All In The Family
are two others that couldn't be broadcast today.
People just weren't that sensitive and could laugh at themselves.
Times have changed

I can't stand Alec Baldwin as a person, but he is very funny on the show....and it is amazing to me that Tina Fey made his conservative, business oriented character sympathetic as well as funny......her mentor in most ways as a character.....that could never happen today...

Very few TV shows I watched growing up and in my early adult years would be produced and shown today. The woke cancel culture crowd has a serious lack of a funny bone.
I'd venture to say that within a couple of decades. TV will be a sterile PC environment where only shows on flower gardening, black history, and Marxism will be allowed under penalty of law. .... :cool:

Forum List

Back