30 Reasons Why 2011 Is Going To Be Another Crappy Year For America’s Middle Class

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Bones, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Bones

Bones VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +81
    30 Reasons Why 2011 Is Going To Be Another Crappy Year For America’s Middle Class

Yeah, we're pretty screwed and it's only going to go downhill from here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    And SO MANY of those problems can be DIRECTLY LINKED to our stupid trade policies, too.

Now I'm informed that American Manufacturing produces more than it ever did in absolute terms. Naturally its percentage of worldwide manufacturing has declined.

But the thing is, between free trade sending jobs offshore and advances in manufacturing technology here at home, less and less industrial jobs are available.

This leaves a lot of people scrambling for service jobs that typically don't pay very well.

PLUS it insure that the dollar continues to get weaker both as there are more dollars offshore and as our government borrows 42 cents out of every dollar it spends, too.

Meanwhile most Americans are so busy paying attention to the shadow puppet politicals theater, that they are bamboozled into thinking that there's a difference between the parties.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. damien275x

damien275x Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I live in Australia and I am watching it all come undone from a safe distance (although I am sure we will still feel the ripple here) Lets not kid ourselves, you are no longer "middle class" you are working poor, plain and simple, you will only get poorer as your economic conditions worsen. What I also find incredibly sad is the fact that so many Americans look to a new leader and blame Obama. Do you really believe there is somebody who can fix all of your problems? To be quite frank, this person does not and will never exist. The Government of the United States will cover up, and continue to cover up everything that is happening until they go bust. Is there anything you can do? Yes, you can move all of your savings into economies that aren.. Oh wait, point #20. You have no savings. Yep, screwed. This is very sad and unfortunate. Wealth is never destroyed, merely transferred, to the smart people who saw this happening long ago, and to the wealthy. Thank god I haven't got a place on this boat.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  4. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    You don't know what the fuck you are talking about if you're in Australia.

5. damien275x

damien275x Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It's called the Internet, I have access to all the news, articles and resources that you do. I pay careful attention to what is happening around the world, so I know what to do with my money. I'm sorry if me telling it like it is isn't what you want to hear.

6. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,635
    au.com and the BBC report different. The Nickel mine closed last year, the floods are disrupting exports, auction clearances are down, prices on houses are no longer going up and your working homeless are increasing in number.

7. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    No, you're just a drone.

8. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    take your own advice, Arny.

9. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    as are you.

10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    HUH? he could be from Tau Ceti 3 and have a better grasp of the situation in the USA than you do.