30% of Los Angeles Covid Cases are Fully Vaccinated

Vaccines give a controlled dose of antibodies. Natural infection is very unpredictable. Some get server cases and develop strong antibodies, some get asymptomatic cases and develop few antibodies. Some have symptoms for days and others for months. This is why the shot is a much more predictable form of protection even for those who have already had Covid. I had a long talk with a nurse about this yesterday
Vaccines Do NOT give antibodies. Natural infection is not unpredicable for most. We with natural immunity will likely be immuned for YEARS----those with the Mrna vaccines which aren't vaccines but inhibitors have to get booster every 8 months. Some who get the shots die and have symptoms for months or longer--NO ONE KNOWS.

I'm protective as hell over my infant niece and the high school kids I coach in HS... But I don't think kids catching COVID is a nothing thing... Especially with the delta variant. The blood clot and myocarditis issues with t he vaccine very much concern me and I'd speak very closely with doctors about that. Kids catching Covid and the possible short term and LONG term effects which are also unknown very much concerns me.

---
Nearly 1,600 kids with Covid-19 were hospitalized last week, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — a new seven-day record and a 27 percent increase from the week before. Tennessee’s health commissioner expects the state’s children’s hospitals to be full by the week’s end. Louisiana reached that point more than a week ago. And Arkansas’ only children’s hospital has just two ICU beds remaining.
1,600 out of how many and hospitalized could mean panicking parents. When my kids were little I would take them to the MD all the time. Still do. Better safe than sorry. I also did not say they should not get it. I said they should think twice. ICU stats aren’t what you think they are. We can discuss that another time.

Vaccines Do NOT give antibodies. Natural infection is not unpredicable for most. We with natural immunity will likely be immuned for YEARS----those with the Mrna vaccines which aren't vaccines but inhibitors have to get booster every 8 months. Some who get the shots die and have symptoms for months or longer--NO ONE KNOWS.
Correct, our bodies build antibodies based on the injections. Where are you getting your information from?

1,600 out of how many and hospitalized could mean panicking parents. When my kids were little I would take them to the MD all the time. Still do. Better safe than sorry. I also did not say they should not get it. I said they should think twice. ICU stats aren’t what you think they are. We can discuss that another time.
The hospital stats I posted in just those three stats has to be concerning. Certainly should make you consider that kids catching COVID is not a throw away no big deal. Yes it is not effecting kids in the same way as it does the old and sick, but it is effecting kids. Those saying that it doesn't effect kids need to shut it. The Delta variant is more contagious and like your vaccine concerns we still do not know the long term effects. Are you more concerned about the long term effects of COVID or the Vaccine?

This is well known. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines aren’t samples of the virus but instead synthetically produced virus fighters.
Agreed, I wasn't saying otherwise.

I was questioning where he/she got their information for this comment:
"Natural infection is not unpredicable for most. We with natural immunity will likely be immuned for YEARS"

The hospital stats I posted in just those three stats has to be concerning. Certainly should make you consider that kids catching COVID is not a throw away no big deal. Yes it is not effecting kids in the same way as it does the old and sick, but it is effecting kids. Those saying that it doesn't effect kids need to shut it. The Delta variant is more contagious and like your vaccine concerns we still do not know the long term effects. Are you more concerned about the long term effects of COVID or the Vaccine?
Idk. COVID19 was annoying but I am OK now as are my wife and kids. Vaccines are an unknown. Truthfully if we all didn’t have it then I would likely be very pro vaccines. Too much data out these showing that it’s better to have them than to not have them but since we had COVID19 already now I am not so sure.

Agreed, I wasn't saying otherwise.

I was questioning where he/she got their information for this comment:
"Natural infection is not unpredicable for most. We with natural immunity will likely be immuned for YEARS"
My MD told me mine may be for life. We just don’t know.

Idk. COVID19 was annoying but I am OK now as are my wife and kids. Vaccines are an unknown. Truthfully if we all didn’t have it then I would likely be very pro vaccines. Too much data out these showing that it’s better to have them than to not have them but since we had COVID19 already now I am not so sure.
I hear ya and can't say that I would feel much different if I were in your shoes. I've said before and I'll say again that I think you are doing the right thing, talking to your doctor and children's doctors and taking their advice. I get frustrated about those who try and downplay this thing and promote dangerous behavior based on misinformation. When I see hospitals filling with unvaccinated, without previously being infected, (I'll qualify it for you), thats what gets me frustrated as that is what is causing problems.

‘’Scientifically supportable” does not mean it is fact and true. It's ‘’Scientifically supportable” that there are aliens and that they have kidnapped people from Earth, studied them, and returned them. That doesn't mean it is actually true. You can scientifically support anything you want.
Scientifically supportable is science. You’re anti-science?

If we were to summarize the main points we've been discussing...

- People who have caught Covid previously have less than a 1% chance of catching COVID again according to current data.
- If you have natural immunity and get vaccinated you will be more protected by a factor or 2x
- The Delta variant is more contagious than the original strain so data is shifting as we learn more about Delta
- Children are more susceptible to infection and symptoms from the Delta variant
- The effect of the vaccine on children are still unknown and issues have occurred, more testing needs to be done and if kids are not vaccinated they should proceed with safe practices.
- The major problem at the current moment is with people who have not previously caught COVID and are not vaccinated. They are the vast majority of those currently being hospitalized.
- We still have much to learn about long term effects of COVID, the vaccines, and should also be developing better therapeutics.
- CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR FOR MEDICAL ADVICE... NOT POLITICAL NEWS PROPAGANDA!!!

Do you agree with or take issue with anything I laid out?

I hear ya and can't say that I would feel much different if I were in your shoes. I've said before and I'll say again that I think you are doing the right thing, talking to your doctor and children's doctors and taking their advice. I get frustrated about those who try and downplay this thing and promote dangerous behavior based on misinformation. When I see hospitals filling with unvaccinated, without previously being infected, (I'll qualify it for you), thats what gets me frustrated as that is what is causing problems.
We agree

Do you think Johnny Rocket from next door who had an asymptomatic cases last year is also likely immune for life?
No idea. We really don’t know. During the Black Plague not everyone died. Some people just have stronger natural immunity than others.

If we were to summarize the main points we've been discussing...

- People who have caught Covid previously have less than a 1% chance of catching COVID again according to current data.
- If you have natural immunity and get vaccinated you will be more protected by a factor or 2x
- The Delta variant is more contagious than the original strain so data is shifting as we learn more about Delta
- Children are more susceptible to infection and symptoms from the Delta variant
- The effect of the vaccine on children are still unknown and issues have occurred, more testing needs to be done and if kids are not vaccinated they should proceed with safe practices.
- The major problem at the current moment is with people who have not previously caught COVID and are not vaccinated. They are the vast majority of those currently being hospitalized.
- We still have much to learn about long term effects of COVID, the vaccines, and should also be developing better therapeutics.
- CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR FOR MEDICAL ADVICE... NOT POLITICAL NEWS PROPAGANDA!!!

Do you agree with or take issue with anything I laid out?
I agree. To me we should not be screaming at one another to take the vaccine or not take it. There should be true medical data out there. The problem is many have lost confidence in our media and in the CDC. Not to mention social media bias and such. It’s now impacting life and death situations. Broadband and social media machines like Twitter and FB may need to be treated like utilities eventually. My MD also yells at me to always get the flu shot and I never do. Lol

Cases rose during the lock down period because people were not going out as much and instead we’re congregating indoors without masks and spreading it within their circles. Masking is not full proof, it needs to be accompanied by distancing and washing hands and getting the vax. People need to educate them selves and tune out the misinformation
The misinformation is in thinking that the vax will do anything to stop Delta.

Virus' are breathed in. They have a short life expectancy once they dry out-------this said...they get on one's hands and one wipes their face, their eyes, puts something in their
mouth and they get the virus.
That's not actually proven with Covid. That is just regurgitating what we know about viruses in general. People are running around sanitizing everything in sight while the real way they get Covid is from breathing it in.

Forum List

Back